It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Seneca Indian Prophecy (Including Star People)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I for one would love a return to an equal pre-Christian society. However I see currently women are not without their flaws either. Many women seem to be getting increasingly-career oriented leaving the family at home with no one to look after them so they would then be dumped in a daycare as a result of the same poison threatening men: greed. Men on the other hand have lost their honour, pride and dignity to false-pride and materialistic greed.

Currently? I see both are just as bad as each other.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I feel some people are misinterpreting the heal the women so that they can heal the men part of the prophesy. To my mind and intuition it is as much to do with women v men as it is to do with the internal aspects and feminine and masculine (yin/yang within).

We must heal our female principle in order to heal the male. Women as well as men are guilty of favouring the less than balanced extreme masculine principles in them selves and in others to the detriment of the feminine. They need one another in order to cause balance. Come back to our true beings, remember when you were a child before paying too much attention to who was a boy and who was a girl? (I hope you remember such a time in your childhood) come back there....That was balanced. There is a natural difference in the temeperament of girls and boys regardless of how you raise them later on , that is the male and female pricinciple in the raw un alterered state.

Look at little boys - they are much more focused on one thing at a time, slower to take in and learn new things, not so verbal as little girls, but they are physically not afraid to explore things, full of kinetic energy needing to get out through physical activities, very much action based, defensive of what is theirs. Boys emotional range is very black or white. Happy or angry/upset. A weak boy feels unable to express physically, goes off to himself, and lashes out at anyone who comes near. He seeks solitude as a response to feeling un empowered weak.

Little girls want to learn everything about communication, interaction, quick to learn how to speak and interact, impulsive and very much emotional rainbows with a range of emotions and equal amount of expression for these.
A weak girl feels unempowered, unable to express her love/nurture, unable to express verbally and let other peoples opinion steer her preferences. She seeks acceptance from the group as a response to feeling un empowered.

So the feminine in each and every one of us is what tries to be accepted by following the group whether it goes against our core believes or not and the masculine in us is what feels the resolution to the conflict is to be physically agressive toward those who threaten us. If these were balanced we would know that there are times for solitude and times for communion, times to let others better knowing steer the way and times to stand our ground.

This is what I feel the prophesy is talking about and also what I feel we have to move toward in order to be whole beings again, whole communities and whole as a planet. Balance inside our individual beings will automatically promote balance in our everyday interactions. Equality is not about making everyone into the same being, we are all unique in our expression, it is more about valuing each being for the expression they take. To be balanced everyones expression and contribution is needed.

I also wanted to add that the feminine usher change and the masculine focus, the female nurtures the mind the male the body. The feminine nurtures what the masculine built. The earth and the seed are both needed for life.

much love

edit on 8/7/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
The plants and animals are completely bewildered in my part of the world. The normal migration cycle of the birds was off by months this past Autumn (and following Spring). We had birds returning while others of the same species were just leaving. Very odd. And the plants - I can think of few stranger things than what I saw last Autumn (2011). I went for a walk and saw that a neighbor had a sugar maple in glorious, fiery color and, at the very same time, lilacs blooming on the bush. (the lilac bushes had bloomed in Spring of 2011 as well; this was an EXTRA bloom. ???)

It's glaringly obvious that the weather has gone mad. This year, in Iowa, there were a couple of days in January when it was so warm that I turned my A/C on, only to have to shovel snow only a few days later. What can it all mean? It's very disturbing to think about. It worries me, certainly, but it also saddens me to see our lovely Earth going right off the rails. It's difficult to watch it as it happens.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

edit on 8-7-2012 by Teeky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Excellent topic....
No one can dispute the truth in this thread! Thanks
OP

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Excellent topic OP, I hope many people read it.

I completely agree with you as well that men are forgetting how to become men. I myself was falling down this hole, becoming primarily only focused on money, possessions and building wealth, ignoring everyone and everything else for the most part.

A few years ago I began working with a shaman who lives isolated high in the mountains. He was able to cleanse my energy and guide me where I needed to go. I have regained my sense of closeness to mother earth and have never felt better. My mind is calm and I know that everything in the future will be ok and that I need to only focus on living my life as an example to others and focus on taking care loved ones around me to the best of my ability. Taking care of not just financially but by helping those around me grow and evolve.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by krazykanuk

Originally posted by IAmD1

Every other day I border on just up and leave everything and get back to nature, but I guess I like most are lost on how to get started. Where to go, how would my family survive? What could I contribute to such living... so I try to do the little I can do with what I have.

Come and buy a home in small-town Saskatchewan. Towns and villages away from major centres are becoming ghost towns because the old folks are dying and corporate farmers are buying up their land. This leaves no one in the small towns and houses are cheap, cheap, cheap! Don't purchase a large acreage. This is expensive. But there is the odd abandoned 10 acre parcel to be had for a song!
Basically everything you need to live, you can grow here. Plus with tons of lentils, peas and wheat being farmed, this is the place to be in an apocalypse (LOL!). Now if we could only get farmers here to stop listening to and using Monsanto crap, this would be paradise!

Thank you Kanuk I might consider this option but I hear you get hurricanes in Saskatchewan...It will take some serious consideration before moving into such a place. Besides I was hoping to move to a more tropical climate being norther european

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay

We need to act now, what the small man can do is stop bying the products that do not agree with our earths policy for survival, buy ecological local farm produce ( we need to eat less anyway so never mind that it is more expensive), stop buying ready food, stop eating at Mac fast royal food chain(s), buy eco fabrics, glass rather than plastic, raw rather than processed, exchange rather than buy new, recycle....Turn off the lights, take the buss, train and/or bicycle not the car. use eco friendly cleaning products and start being communities that cares for its neighbours and family members again. For every change you make you are contributing. Even if you can not make all changes at once make the ones you can now.

Well put D1. although it is probably too late to help Mother Earth, every little bit helps. I believe also that what is coming is like a 'shedding' of herself, a renewal, a new beginning. It will not be doom and gloom for everybody. But it will be a wonderful chance to get back to nature. Mankind has destroyed her enough.
Time is up.

Thank you horseplay and agreed, it's too late to reverse anything we've done but it's not too late in helping the earth in going through her changes. Even a dying man is helped transition by those who care for him at the moment of his last breath ....

much love

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

"Do you think all men should be killed ff?"

Not all but I certainly have a list.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

was your post meaningful and aimed at the OP at all? or just my one sentence... worth our time responding about nothing ??

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by autowrench

Do you think all men should be killed off?

Whatever made you think that? Simply because I know what my role is, and I know the power of the Feminine doesn't mean I think all men should be killed. Killing is wrong for any reason, save Capital Crime, friend. It is the males who start, and prosecute the wars, and it is the males that run the Military Industrial Complex. Tell me you see a balance in our government. No, I don't think that.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Wow, OP. That was some powerful stuff that really rang true, in general and personally to me.

My brother and I've got a Dad with major depression, and what with the distress this causes our Mom, we're pretty aimless and can just get by in each our lives, more or less. Lack of spirit and leadership is probably even harder to swallow with a father, then without one. He just won't accept any love, sweetness, encouragement, good foods, sunshine, whatever - only all the damn pills that they gave him so many of, now he's institutionalized. It pretty much f*%ks up the whole family. And I see shades of this everywhere where women and men are stubborn and unspirited, they just sap us nice people until we're too broken ourselves to make much of a difference.

And the other details of the post - the seasons have been at least 1 1/2 months ahead of themselves in the eastern US here. And the winds out of the North in Summer!!! I float down rivers on pool toys, so I know how unusual this is. Works for me though, downstream is southward on my regular route, so I cruise along at a nice speed. But it is not normal for summer to have the winds out of the North(or NW/NE) for more than an odd day here or there! And it's one of those little things that nobody else reacts at all to- when I mention that it is very unusual, no one seems to remember enough to agree about it being unusual. No one. Even the fishermen just shrug without comment.
edit on 8-7-2012 by chericher because: correction

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by morningeagle

Even to this day, many Native tribes adhere to and order under a Matriarch. Also there are still people practicing Druidism and other forms of "Pagan" ceremonies that invoke feminine Deities but their power (in terms of influence and culture building) is very weak compared to the big male worshiping organizations (Christianity, Judaism, Islam etc.).

I believe a return to the (very) old ways would be a great change.

Peace

Well said, and true. The Big Male Worshippers even infiltrate the Native Tribes. Two years ago my family travelled to a Cherokee "Pow Wow." As the ceremony began, I was incensed to see a man in a suit, holding a bible come out and pray to Jesus for this Tribe. After he was done, I could not help myself. I stepped forward, raised my arms, and said a reverent prayer to the Great Spirit, and the Ancient Ones. All eyes were on me. After this was over, the old Grandfather called my over to where he was sitting, and took my hands and thanked me. It is sad, he told me, that the White man's religion had made them forget the Old Ways. We had a real good time there. As we were leaving, I happened on the preacher in the parking lot. He began to tell me what a blasphemer I was, and how this "Great Spirit" was a demon. I wanted to, I really did, but my dear wife made me get in the truck. I just fail to understand what they want everybody to practice as they do? It is their religion that is new, ours is older than dirt.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Look at little boys - they are much more focused on one thing at a time, slower to take in and learn new things, not so verbal as little girls, but they are physically not afraid to explore things, full of kinetic energy needing to get out through physical activities, very much action based, defensive of what is theirs. Boys emotional range is very black or white. Happy or angry/upset. A weak boy feels unable to express physically, goes off to himself, and lashes out at anyone who comes near. He seeks solitude as a response to feeling un empowered weak.

Little girls want to learn everything about communication, interaction, quick to learn how to speak and interact, impulsive and very much emotional rainbows with a range of emotions and equal amount of expression for these.
A weak girl feels unempowered, unable to express her love/nurture, unable to express verbally and let other peoples opinion steer her preferences. She seeks acceptance from the group as a response to feeling un empowered.

So the feminine in each and every one of us is what tries to be accepted by following the group whether it goes against our core believes or not and the masculine in us is what feels the resolution to the conflict is to be physically agressive toward those who threaten us.

edit on 8/7/2012 by IAmD1 because: (no reason given)

I agree with the overall message of the prophecy, but could you please cite a reference to what I have quoted from you?

I believe aspects of anything have to be able to have ground in proof, but what is quoted goes into realms of child psychology that there is no basis for. Therefore, it detracts from the overall theme.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

Currently? I see both are just as bad as each other.

That is only partially true, friend. There are good women, make no mistake about it. I am with one today. Nurturing, supportive, happy, loving, and not afraid to make a decision, ask questions, or get in someone's face. I too would love to see a return to a pre-Christian society, like in the Old Days. I believe the New World will be like this.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm surprised there's three pages of posts, and no one has been critical of this OP.

Can you not see that both men and women are in the spiritual gutter? That men and women need to put aside their differences and work together?

Society currently favors women in a lot of ways, at least in the USA. Welfare, Housing, Food Stamps, Family Court, Domestic Violence is almost always aimed at men, while women get a pass for it more often than not.

Both Men and women need to grow up and heal each other. Currently, society has the blinders on many people, and until those blinders come off - there will be inequality in perpetuity.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErtaiNaGia
reply to post by autowrench

Do you think all men should be killed off?

i see a lot of negative in the replies so far and i can only hope to pass on from what my elders have taught me of my heritage to you all.

please don't confuse this message with hating men or blame nor wishing any harm on each other for what has come to pass. we are supposed to learn from it and move on now. it's time for women not to be higher than men, but to take their rightful place as equal. neither are supposed to be higher than the other, but in balance, that's what the message is.

it's about caring about the earth and each other more than anything else, it's that simple.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ninepointfive

Why be critical of me? I am just sharing one of our Prophecies with everyone. Take it or leave it, but no need to criticize me for sharing...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 5pooky

There is much truth in your post.

I listen often to Russell Means, I have enormous respect for the man and as a Native American. Here's one of his most recent Youtube videos everyone must watch and listen carefully:

youtu.be...

and I would like to add, read this article......

www.rawstory.com...

Personally, I'm sick and tired of the patrilineal "societies" and panels over running what is purely women's business and controlling all the churches, synagogues and mosques as well as family courts.

There is much to be said about very old ancient cultural practices which include most Native American tribes that was very similar to ancient Hebrew practices no longer practiced among Jews for the past 3,000 years. Ancient Hebrew culture does not resemble anything like Jewish culture today. Ancient Hebrew culture and Native American culture were very very similar, especially that of when girls become women ceremonies as well as the wedding ceremonies.

edit on 8-7-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
A good woman has knowledge or "intuition" that can guide her through the world, and lead her to help others. If a damaged man is fortunate enough find a woman like this, she can heal the damage (or assist him in doing so) by her presence, her love and support, and the gentle guidance that a only a woman with strong feminine attributes can possess. I know, because I found one. Thirty four years ago, I met such a woman, and knew after the first date I would marry her. Little did I know how much she would help in healing the rage, the anger, the destructive power I had in my soul.
This is a true example of what the feminine aspect can accomplish.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join