It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Ohio, President Distorts Truth Behind His First Election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Obama's composite election.

Despite the cynicism and the negativism, you know, what I think about is my first race. When I was first running for state senate, I couldn't afford television commercials. And Michelle and I we used to go door to door - pass out fliers that we had printed out at Kinko's. And we and our friends and family members, we'd march in 4th of July parades and it is was hard work.

Oh, so now Obama is opposed to cynicism and negativism. Because back in 1996 when he was running for this seat he used all kinds of cynicism and negativism to community organize his Democratic opponents right off the ticket.

In his first race for office, seeking a state Senate seat on Chicago's gritty South Side in 1996, Obama effectively used election rules to eliminate his Democratic competition.

As a community organizer, he had helped register thousands of voters. But when it came time to run for office, he employed Chicago rules to invalidate the voting petition signatures of three of his challengers.

The move denied each of them, including incumbent Alice Palmer, a longtime Chicago activist, a place on the ballot. It cleared the way for Obama to run unopposed on the Democratic ticket in a heavily Democrat district

Anyone who followed the Illinois election must know what Obama did to get elected.

Obama played hardball in first Chicago campaign
www.breitbart.com...
articles.cnn.com...
OLITICS

I don't know what it is about this guy people like, but I am sure you could find an honest democrat to replace him.
????
edit on 093131p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

The day after New Year’s 1996, operatives for Barack Obama filed into a barren hearing room of the Chicago Board of Election Commissioners.
againstobama.wordpress.com...

state Sen. Alice Palmer
There they began the tedious process of challenging hundreds of signatures on the nominating petitions of state Sen. Alice Palmer, the longtime progressive activist from the city’s South Side. And they kept challenging petitions until every one of Obama’s four Democratic primary rivals was forced off the ballot.

Fresh from his work as a civil rights lawyer and head of a voter registration project that expanded access to the ballot box, Obama launched his first campaign for the Illinois Senate saying he wanted to empower disenfranchised citizens.

But in that initial bid for political office, Obama quickly mastered the bare-knuckle arts of Chicago electoral politics. His overwhelming legal onslaught signaled his impatience to gain office, even if that meant elbowing aside an elder stateswoman like Palmer.

But when Palmer got clobbered in that November 1995 special congressional race, her supporters asked Obama to fold his campaign so she could easily retain her state Senate seat.

Obama not only refused to step aside, he filed challenges that nullified Palmer’s hastily gathered nominating petitions, forcing her to withdraw.

“I liked Alice Palmer a lot. I thought she was a good public servant,” Obama said. “It was very awkward. That part of it I wish had played out entirely differently.”

Gha-is Askia,

One of the candidates he eliminated, long-shot contender Gha-is Askia, now says that Obama’s petition challenges belied his image as a champion of the little guy and crusader for voter rights.

“Why say you’re for a new tomorrow, then do old-style Chicago politics to remove legitimate candidates?” Askia said. “He talks about honor and democracy, but what honor is there in getting rid of every other candidate so you can run scot-free? Why not let the people decide?”

In the end, Davis filed objections to all four of Obama’s Democratic rivals at the candidate’s behest.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Obama knows his way around a ballot

The day after New Year's 1996, operatives for Barack Obama filed into a barren hearing room of the Chicago Board of Election Commissioners.

There they began the tedious process of challenging hundreds of signatures on the nominating petitions of state Sen. Alice Palmer, the longtime progressive activist from the city's South Side. And they kept challenging petitions until every one of Obama's four Democratic primary rivals was forced off the ballot.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Fresh from his work as a civil rights lawyer and head of a voter registration project that expanded access to the ballot box, Obama launched his first campaign for the Illinois Senate saying he wanted to empower disenfranchised citizens.

Yea, poor Barack and Michelle.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Why do people keep needing to be reminded of Bill Clinton's admonishment to his wife last fall?

"There is no loyalty in politics."

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

The Obama's are the most disingenuous people in the political world.

Their stories, their histories don't can't hold water.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Why do people keep needing to be reminded of Bill Clinton's admonishment to his wife last fall?

"There is no loyalty in politics."

Obviously not,

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

The Obama's are the most disingenuous people in the political world.

Their stories, their histories don't can't hold water.

I just wonder what people want for a president, why will they vote for a scoundrel?

I do believe they thought he was different, but the fact of the matter was he was worse than many.

new topics

top topics

join