It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Events At The Vanishing Points Horizon! Shooting Straight Sent Me In Circles!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Explanation: This is a bit science based and a bit maths based and I have tried to avoid both by simply making a picture using ONLY straight lines.

However a vast majority of these lines are oriented at an angle and that may cause some divisive discussions and I have only this to say about it ... it was made in ms paint where the pixels are all square shaped and a single pixel shall be considered a line!

I simply made an area 162pixels square and zooming in and using the line making tool [set on thinnest] I simply cycled through the colours and drew a line from the far bottom left pixel to the far right and each new colour I just went up 1 pixel on the far right as a destination point. I made 1 single mistake and missed 1 single line of dark grey.

Then I very carefully copypasta and flipped and placed the flipped version then repeated that till I had a full 324 pixels square final composition.

I then saved it as both a bitmap and jpg and I uploaded the jpg to ATS to use in a thread to do with singularites.

Both the bmp and the jpg display the strange circles that seem to appear out of nowhere and strangely the jpg shows them far more clearly.

Personal Disclosure: It took me over an hour of hard work to manufacture this using the tools I had to hand and although it is supposed to be a functional tool to help me describe some deep things to do with general relativity and quantum mechanics and the big bang ... I found the result suprisingly beautiful if nothing else. I hope my fellow members enjoy viewing it.

edit on 7-7-2012 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
It is beautiful, and interesting to look at.

Nice work.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
"induced signal coherance", for some reason this is what went through my mind when i saw it, and immediately thought of fibre optic cables.
probably got nothing to do with it, just posted to point out how art can make you have the most diverse thoughts, thoughts that probably wouldn't cross your mind unless reading about something specifically related.
thanks op.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

cool art! you should learn to program, you could make something like this in significantly less time, depending on your skill. i recommend python as the language, and using the turtle drawing library

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OmegaLogos

Thank you for sharing this with me! Another great thread you have!

new topics

top topics

join