Help ! How do I get my comma key back from it being È

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I posted in the french Canadian thread, and since then its turned to È instead of comma.

Went to my keyboard language options and changed it to English default Canadian multilingual but it has not seemed to help.

Any suggestions to what I should be doing.

Searched for an answer and all I got was references to the keyboard language setting.

I appreciate any suggestions and the time you take to make them.




posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I've seen where people have simply pushed ctrl shift or or left and right shift with ctrl as well as both shifts and ctrls and that solved the issue after resetting the default languages. Never had the issue so hope that might solve it for you.



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
There's a keyboard icon on the bottom right of your screen. Click on it and choose "US".



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
There's a keyboard icon on the bottom right of your screen. Click on it and choose "US".


yep..worked

Thank you so very much !

any idea how it happened? Could I have accidentally hit that and switched ?


It just seemed so funny, considering my last post was on the french Canadian thread.



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492
I've seen where people have simply pushed ctrl shift or or left and right shift with ctrl as well as both shifts and ctrls and that solved the issue after resetting the default languages. Never had the issue so hope that might solve it for you.


I used the simple method intrepid suggested, but thanks for the suggestion.


The fact you took the time to post is much appreciated.



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Sure thing. I must have misunderstood reading the op I thought you had already switch it and the comma was still giving you grief. Glad you got it sorted.



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
any idea how it happened? Could I have accidentally hit that and switched ?


Typing error. I think it happens when you accidentally hit the ctrl button while typing.



posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by drivers1492
Sure thing. I must have misunderstood reading the op I thought you had already switch it and the comma was still giving you grief. Glad you got it sorted.


I thought I did from the control panel..but I had chosen canada english ??

oh well.. I know how to do it now if it happens again.





new topics
top topics
 
0

log in

join