It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese "seriously considering" offer to move 40 million from Tokyo area to Chinese ghost cities

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by joeraynor

Soz bud this is by Soorcha faal = such a fool. This person is a proven hoaxer..

I've always read the name as "such-a-FAIL"

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

The link's motto is 'accelerating intelligence'. How bizzarre when they go on to quote a Sorcha Faal post from whatdoesitmean.com! Not saying it isn't true but we need other sources.

When has our favourite transexual soviet from the USA, who failed to get a job as story inventor for Weekly World News because his/hers/its stories were too bizarre even for them, ever said anything that was evenly vaguely similar to something that might just possibly be very slightly nearly true?

Shouldn't this thread be in the hoax forum?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

wow that is alarming. i just watched an sbs thing and it seems that china is offering this because they have overdeveloped their country and built a huge surplus of expensive apartments that nobody is using because of the price. if the chinese were to keep developing at this rate the government would have social unrest and open rebelion because the people want a place to live and everything is too expensive. if they were to relocate the japanese there. the government would be seen as humanitarian and solve the overdevelopement problem. there's your self interest right there. a solution to a growing economic problem.

I kow theyweren't very nice in the second world war but i feel sorry for them. Take my advice dont invest in china unless the economy slows down and stabilises.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by joeraynor
Yes, I understand how much on an impact evacuating Tokyo would cause. And trust me, I have done the numbers too, considering how many ferrying vessels this would take, and how many trips. It seems like it would take years to even be possible.

Could you post those numbers, I would love to see you all mathy.

edit on 25-7-2012 by Patel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Ok, here come some numbers, haha.

Now the situation being considered is China and Japan having a mutually beneficial exhchange (China gets useful workers living there; Japanese get to not die yet).

Lets generate a VERY liberal estimate of about how fast this can be done if only China and Japan are working in this.

The far-east has around 450,000 sea-faring men- many of these are tied up in the Philippines, Indonesia, and Korea.

Lets say that leaves something like 350,000 sea-faring men between China and Japan.

Now most of those vessels are tied up in fishing and and trans-Pacific trade voyages essential to the running of both countries.

Lets say that as many as 100,000 men worth of vessels may be temporarily free from fishing and intra-Asian trade (not likely, but this is a VERY liberal estimate remember).

Lets say that by emergency reduction of crews to around maybe 70,000 or so ( from 100,000) and by converting non-living quarter spaces into makeshift quarters, we may squeeze 100,000 civilians onto those vessels at any given moment (so there are now 170,000 on what 100,000 sea-farers normally service).

Again, being liberal, we will ignore the realities of how many ships a given port can service in a day ( which in reality is an important fact, as this involves 500-1000 vessels).

The shortest voyage for the Japanese would be to go from southern Japan to South Korea, but I don't think it is reasonable to expect 40 million Japanese to be allowed travel through North Korea. This leaves Russia as the obvious choice.

Lets say that the ferrying ships are traveling from the major port of Hakodate in the North of Japan to Vladivostok, which is the closest Russian port it can reach. That is around a 400 mile trip, which the average vessel takes average of 10-12 hours to make each way going the fairly fast 40 knots. So every day the ships operate (assuming a mean trip of around a day for each ship based on this distance), they can move 100,000 Japanese to China through the Russian coast. The ships would be expected to run the round-trip maybe 5 days a week on average at best I would guess, when you factor in time to refuel, time to load and unload passengers, and time to service and repair). And most ships I understand are in port for around the same amount of time they are at sea, so this may also be stretching it.

So assuming all of these liberal exaggerations, you have 260 trips per year for the entire fleet in question to ferry, and again, each day you have 100,000 Japanese moved.

That means with this scenario, you are moving 26 million Japanese over the course of a year, and we are saying 40 million for Tokyo and surrounding district.

Now of course there are assumptions built into this estimate, but even if all those assumptions are wrong, it is hard for this to be an order of magnitude faster. It might be something like twice as fast, if for instance people are packed like sardines, but I don't see this being done in a month, for instance.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AndyMayhew

Do you care to prove it's a hoax? Even if the source is sketchy we should still talk about the information presented..

Even if this does turn out to be true I don't see this happening, there's no way they can force 40 million people to pack up and move to a different country that would be a world headliner.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This seems highly unlikely. Tokyo might be the most difficult city in the world to evacuate. The city is build is a very chaotic manner. There are house smashed together against other houses. The train system, while highly advanced, is almost always over crowed. When the big quake hit, the trains were a nightmare to deal with. Hell, during a heavy rain, or simply the evening rush hour, the trains are a nightmare to deal with. It is my opinion that Tokyo is pretty much impossible to evacuate.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
IMHO, there is no reason at all to discuss a anything at all linked to sorcha faal as anything near possible.

Not a chance in earth that the chinese would offer goalless hospitality like that to the japanese anyway. WW II was over a half century ago and the scars from japanese occupation aren't healed anywhere close to what they have in europe.

posted on Aug, 4 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If there was ANY evidence outside of Sorcha Faal, or articles based on the Faal original, (and I can't find any doing rudimentary internet searches) then it should be discussed... If not, as all other Sorcha Faal masterpieces of disinformation, this should be tossed in the hoax bin.

And also, wouldn't they evacuate the area around Fukushima before Tokyo?

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Those cities were built before Fukushima, and I suspected they were built for the Japanese.

Does anything add up, like the deliberate and known murderous event of Fukushima.

Supposedly, Japan is in the way between China and US. If WW3 did happen earlier US and China fighting over seas would be radiated. I think they allow Japan to have nuclear power on purpose. So when WW3 happens the Pacific front would be irradiated. US believe they could use Japan against China. Which is actually a trap between the three Pacific forces(US, China, and Russia with Korea in the middle of it).

Why is Isreal and US complaining about Iran having Nuclear power but, not Japan? Japan isn't suppose to have nuclear power after WW2.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join