It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has This Video Been Deliberately Made to Manipulate Young People?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Apart from the song lyrics which are a bit strange, especially as it talks about friends getting drugged up in the toilets and the fact that the guy has beat up his girlfriend a few months back leaving her scarred, I found the video to this extremely disturbing.

The first real action shot (and it is all done in slow motion to great effect), starts off by a guy breaking a bottle on a girls head! From then on in it is one big fight with several shots, often of glass, being smashed over peoples heads. There is explosive debris, half naked men fighting on the stage and all the while people cheering and clapping in the background of this violent chaos. As the slow hypnotic rhythm and repetition of the song continues we see someone taking a black stick (maybe like cops use now, not sure) and using it like a baseball bat to smash open a green watermelon splattering the red insides all over the place. Imagery of this is to me like smashing a human head open.

On top of all this, there is a big stuffed animal toy which gets totally ripped to shreds and the beans inside spill out in spectacular fashion, but what is the symbology of this? That it is good to rip an animal apart? Only thing missing is the beans were white and not red.

Then there are the two very cannibal like scenes, one where a woman is kissing a man who has bits of the red fleshy part of the watermelon sticking to his face and later on she is still kissing him but this time he has red watermelon over most of his face, especially his eyes and he has his mouth open in what could looks more like a scream as she supposedly kisses his cheek, although it looks more like she is eating his face!

Finally at the end of much wanton destruction and people 'having fun' beating each other up, one girl gets out of the bar and some big dude smacks her on the back with a bar stool which shoves her to the ground.

I don't know about you, but I find the video very disturbing whilst having nothing really to do with the song, apart from the link between being at the pub and getting boozed up.
Is the music industry trying to almost make young people smash up places and each other in 'fun' whilst out their heads on drugs and booze? How likely is it that when they hear this song ( and it is played on the radio a zillion times a day and each time I hear it I see that video playing in my head!) that they get carried away with themselves and start a riot like this, as can happen in predictive programming?

Am I the only one that thinks this whole deal is a bit strange?

Any other music videos out there that seems to send out a strange or non-related to the song, set of imagery/message?
edit on 7-7-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: forgot to add last sentance.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CthulhuMythos

Seems to me a song to dissuade the young. An anti-alcohol song.

Hiss boo curse bottom pants.. evil stuff, nothing wrong with booze.. *hic*

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I could see it being an anti-alcohol vid if it showed the real state young people get into, noses burst open, blood everywhere, vomit down their fronts, soaked in pee, make-up running coz they are crying as their friends are waiting for the ambulance to arrive, lying in a corner or staggering about half dressed looking like a complete arse. This vid makes it look like 'fun'..... which strangely enough also is the name of the group.
I still think it is strange (and I am not against boozey parties in the slightest btw, just sometimes people just go too far)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Bad things happen when you take things literally, there are far stranger videos/songs that straight try to manipulate you. I don't believe this is one of them, don't forget that music is an art it can take many shapes and forms. Again the point is not to take things too literal.

top topics

join