It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enlightenment

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I believe that the gate/portal to another realm is a white light like a star. Perhaps it is this that is enLIGHTenment? Isn't the Everything perfect, so strange that the realm gates are stars, and the EBE's use the physical sun/stars to travel between the solar systems? Just like the realms are connected with stars-like lights as gates, the physical suns are connected in this physical realm enabling EBE's to travel between solar systems. Truely wonderous.
edit on 9-7-2012 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by BlueMule

One man says enlightenment is selfless love, and dedication to the betterment of the world, before the self. Another man says that enlightenment is a removal of any type of connection or clinging to the world, emotions, or thoughts in any way, shape, or form. A third man says that enlightenment is the dissolving of, and rebuilding of, the ego in union with the One God. And the fourth man says enlightenment is to serve yourself, and only yourself, without concern or care for anyone, anything, or any other being living or dead or in-between.

I just wanted to add to your text that those interested in this could read up on the Left-hand & Right-hand Path's. It's interesting stuff for sure.
edit on 9-7-2012 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

Where I see the breakdown is not in the road, but in the experience itself.

If that's the way you are given to understand 'the experience itself', then that's the way you are given. What I mean is, it might seem to you as if you arrived at your position naturally over time. But I don't believe that is really the case. I think we are all given a unique way of understanding and approaching (or not) the mystery of enlightenment. A way that is right for us at this moment. A way that fits into a transcendent symphony of ways.

"Each Yoga in its process has the character of the instrument it uses; ...But all power is in the end one, all power is really soul-power." –Sri Aurobindo

edit on 9-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

"Each Yoga in its process has the character of the instrument it uses; ...But all power is in the end one, all power is really soul-power." –Sri Aurobindo

Whoa! Sri Aurobindo isn't quoted often, here on ATS. I hope that you'll read the book (where you've taken the quote from) in its entirety as well as Savitri (wiki) and The Life Divine. They are all masterpieces.

edit on 9-7-2012 by D1ss1dent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by rwfresh
reply to post by ypperst

all the enlightened people i know are cool and smart. being enlightened is super awesome. only smart cool people understand enlightenment because it's so important. i think enlightened people are already perfect so anything anyone else says is wrong.

God, I love this place. Thanks for this post. I just mailed it around to my friends and we're really enjoying the humor. I used to take you seriously, but I discovered that you've got a really wicked sardonic streak that borders of genius at times. Damn, I wish I'd posted this in this thread. I'm jealous.

Dang thanks for noticing. I would hate to think that people were looking at me as someone who was proclaiming enlightenment of my own self. I try to make it clear that i am part of the delusion i profess surrounds us all.. But when people pick at my safe delusion blanket my ego may fight back. Even the "self-realized-deluded" must be humbled. ANYWAY let's keep up our arguments too.. they are in good fun. I wouldn't be having them if i wasn't getting SOMETHING out of it! Peace!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I don't believe in predestination, fate, or destiny. Nothing in life is set in stone. There's only the here, and now, and what we choose to make of the moment we've been given. Enlightenment is just a moment, like all of the rest. We touch it, and we feel the infinite nature of our species as a whole, and then we come back down and live among the world once more. I'm perfectly fine with this form of finite, temporal, ephemeral existence though. Life is not meant to be anything more than a subjective set of experiences, and events. As long as you're living, doing something meaningful, and personal, then you've really discovered enlightenment. Pure happiness is at your feet.

~ Scribe

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join