It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

neighbours from hell!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
What to do What to do..

They're nice people, but every single friday night that have their own version of Karaoke, or whatever language they speak would say. Always polite when I wander past on my merry way, but how do you do it?

It sounds right now like I'm living next door to a pub - with a raunchy strip show going on, all that hooting and laughing and hollering.

The music... is it music? It's random sounds with a drum beat. These guys are from Indonesia I think, Or somewhere close.. but sheesh..

Maybe if they invited me over, plied me with substantial amounts of booze and let me enjoy it with them, but I'm an isolated insomniac. They won't stop this till after midnight. At least from previous experience.

They were singing happy birthday to you, before, in very very tepid english, it was funny.. I wasn't sure if they were celebrating a birthday or taking the micky. Given it's every friday.. oO who knows.

On the right hand side I have the old people who love their reverse cycle air conditioner at all times of the morning - it wakes you up turning on, and wakes you up with sudden silence. On the left, it's the party hard brigade.

I should start blasting some hatebreed at 100% volume.. but then I'd get the guilts and stop

ohhh who'd be me...

mental note to self, do not follow the advice in this video!

edit on 7-7-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Go and see them, nicely tell them they are disturbing you. Tell them they can do one of two things, keep the noise down or invite you to join in. See what they say! Can't hurt!

P

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This is what the police are for, call them, and tell them they're welcome to park in your driveway if they want. Once your neighbor gets a ticket or two for peace disturbance, he'll chill out.

I have had neighbor(s) from hell in my area more than once, and more than one at a time. I used to go knock on the door, but I finally figured out if they really cared what I, or their other neighbors thought, they wouldn't have done it to start with.

They start caring when the police show up.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I agree with the above poster, maybe they don't know how much noise they are making, especially as noise carries more when everyone else is asleep and quiet.
There are laws against 'noisy neighbours' though one does have to have a bit of give and take.

With the old couple on the other side, not much you can do about that.

Have you thought of investing in a good set of soft and squishy ear plugs? Or headphones that exclude all outside noise, that way you can even listen to a 'bed time story' to get to sleep

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Here's an "official" brochure about what to do about noise in the neighbourhood...

Link

If the above doesn't work, a cricket bat to the stereo should work too!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

aye that is very true, would agree with you on that.

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by mainidh

If the above doesn't work, a cricket bat to the stereo should work too!

LOL !

edit on 7-7-2012 by CthulhuMythos because: added second quote

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I agree with Klassified. I've confronted neighbors before about their lack of respect for their fellow neighbors and it does not usually end well. They often get worse and in worse case, it ends in a scuffle and everyone getting arrested. Call the police. I'm sure your city has a sound ordinance in place. Find out what time it starts and call the police. Once they get a few tickets they'll get the picture that their neighbors don't enjoy their lack of musical talent at all hours of the night.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Go and see them, nicely tell them they are disturbing you. Tell them they can do one of two things, keep the noise down or invite you to join in. See what they say! Can't hurt!

P

I'd find the language barrier a slight problem, seeing as they are almost yelling in a foreign language, but this could work

I rock with a beer, smile, they let me in, and.. who knows!!

lol good thinking!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
This is what the police are for, call them, and tell them they're welcome to park in your driveway if they want. Once your neighbor gets a ticket or two for peace disturbance, he'll chill out.

I have had neighbor(s) from hell in my area more than once, and more than one at a time. I used to go knock on the door, but I finally figured out if they really cared what I, or their other neighbors thought, they wouldn't have done it to start with.

They start caring when the police show up.

That's the problem, they're not actually over the audible limit. It's just constant. I could call the police, but they'd drive past, go "Nahh" and I'd still have the problem plus them on my case.

After 10pm it gets workable.

9:11pm now.. But I know from having the council deal with barking dogs 24/7 here, naught will be done.

Haha I should just go out the back and start singing along with them.. I know that would make them stop and think!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Unfortunately fighting fire with fire doesn't work.

I tried the opposite approach with a neighbour that liked to play music at 3am as though it was a concert.
He had no idea I'd slip over the fence and cut his main breaker constantly.

I'd say invite yourself a couple of times, get toasted and generally make an ass of yourself. It won't fix the problem but you won't worry about the noise for a while. But if all else fails then yeah, call the cops. Some people don't realise just how loud they are.

As for the heater fan, not sure what to do about that one. It's not like the neighbours can turn that down sadly.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CthulhuMythos
I agree with the above poster, maybe they don't know how much noise they are making, especially as noise carries more when everyone else is asleep and quiet.
There are laws against 'noisy neighbours' though one does have to have a bit of give and take.

With the old couple on the other side, not much you can do about that.

Have you thought of investing in a good set of soft and squishy ear plugs? Or headphones that exclude all outside noise, that way you can even listen to a 'bed time story' to get to sleep

Lol I've gone through more ear plugs than I can recount. The set I have now, are that good all I can hear is my constant breathing and heartbeat. I opt for the lesser of two evils (I cant stand hearing myself alive, kinda strange) so I use soft tissues. weird as it is, it works better, no noise, no internal kerthumping.

I'd hate to call the cops on these guys, theyre friendly. And I know what it's like to have tosser neighbours. Right now it sounds like they're dancing and rampaging on. Maybe if I start peeping over the back fence..

Noo nothing works, but it's good to have an outlet where people can give me advice.

I'm a softy despite my avatar. My old man thought would have been over there in an instant and telling them whats what. He used to be a night watch man.. this would be his 4am time..

I still like the hatebreed idea though. Maybe plug my tablet into my amp and take it out the back. lol

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Hahaha I'd have to use my guitar, I don't own a cricket bat.. *runs*

That's a good read that pdf, handy -- but even with my bulky frame, talking to 100 ninjas would most likely leave me in the deep end.

I shall ponder this !

edit on 7-7-2012 by mainidh because: I dont won a cricket bat -- lol

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stan71
I agree with Klassified. I've confronted neighbors before about their lack of respect for their fellow neighbors and it does not usually end well. They often get worse and in worse case, it ends in a scuffle and everyone getting arrested. Call the police. I'm sure your city has a sound ordinance in place. Find out what time it starts and call the police. Once they get a few tickets they'll get the picture that their neighbors don't enjoy their lack of musical talent at all hours of the night.

Looking at all that now, if I were to go by the cart Chad gave me a few posts back this is easily 80db -- I feel like I'm in another room in their house.

Haha, cheers you lot, good advice when I needed an outlet - thanks!!

And as I say that not it sounds like they're having a wet tshrt comp.. women giggling men screaming and hollering.. I need to get my camera and suss these people out lol.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Cutting the power -- You sinister genius you!! I like that !! haha

I don't think they'd accept me, even though they are nice people. :/ I'm a big hairy ugly bugger.. But a softy. Well I say softy I mean, I dont hurt people.. well not physically.. I say physically.. I mean.. well, hey I live alone for a reason lol.

If I were to knock on their door now, I'd be met with accusing eyes, I know that. "Hi I'm pete from next door.. can I co*SLAM*" and then it would go downhill fast.

Ahh the old biddy next door, she moved in, and without hesitation decided to plant a whopping air con on her wall.. One that vibrates half a block. The only way I can see to remedy that is to put wire into the fan blades and cause it to burn out.. but I'm a nice guy..

*shifty eyes*

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Stink bombs
I get them down at the market close to where I am. You can get some fuse lit types and some in vials (crack 'em and drop 'em over the fence). Might work for the noisy aircon too (placed in front of the intake)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Your neighbors sound fun and entertaining. So this is on the weekend and they quit about midnight...seems ok to me. Invite yourself over and join in with the singing...you might make some new friends and have some fun!
Suggestion bring a bottle or 2 of your favorite beverage.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If the diplomatic approach fails, and the cops can't help, you might have some success with a white noise generator. They usually have a bunch of settings you could play around with till you find something that blocks their party noise out.

I've had the crappy neighboor problem myself, makes living hell sometimes. My last place, my next door neighboorbuilt himself a swimming pool, one of those inground/aboveground types.
the above ground part was made with old pallets and plywood. The deck,, plywood, used plywood painted brown. Man did I love looking at that thing everyday.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

I was going to suggest a fan or a white noise generator. I live kinda close to a main road, and am a terrible sleeper, so i just have a fan on at night to drown out any ambient noise so I don't keep waking up. I'm not sure how effective it would be if your neighbours are right next door as I've seen in suburbia though.

Could be worth a try anyway

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I see what you mean. That sucks. Where I live, it doesn't matter what time of day or night it is. If I call the cops, the neighbors are going to get a visit, and told to turn it down or get a citation.

I don't think they'd accept me, even though they are nice people.

Actually, they aren't nice people. Nice people are considerate of their neighbors.

edit on 7/7/2012 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Stonesplitter

LOL LOL LOL genius idea, post through the letter box or something. That would be funny to see.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join