It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Ghost story[LEWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
There are many experiences i had through my life that changed my point of view for the world.Most of them are of paranormal nature and those who weren't are too disturbing for me to share.

So out of my paranormal experiences i picked to share the one that made me a believer in the afterlife and spirits.

One of the most important people in my life was my grandfather Luke.I loved him(and still do) more than any person in my family.
He died when i was 10 years old.

It was the Friday after Easter in the year 1989.My grandfather was in the hospital,diagnosed with prostate cancer and my parents all they had told me at the time was that grandpa was very sick.

That morning i was home alone and i was sitting in my bedroom(school was out for easter vacation).My mother was at the hospital and my brothers were at my aunt's house.The bedroom door was open and i can't remember what i was doing,but suddenly i saw my grandfather standing in the open door.He didn't say anything.He just smiled ,waved at me and he disappeared into thin air.The whole thing lasted a few minutes.I wasn't scared.I felt sad,but i was glad that at least i got to see him one last time.

After about 15 to 20 minutes my mother called and told me that grandpa is dead.My answer was:"I know,he was here".This must have freaked her out big time,because she hang up on me without saying anything else.When she returned home she wouldn't look at me.At the time i didn't understand why.Many years later,when we discussed it again,she told me that grandpa was like that and he used to see things that other people didn't.She believed at the time of his death, he passed this to me and she was kind of afraid of me.

Anyway,my mother was pregnant at the time and early November of that year she gave birth to a boy.My parents have decided to name him Michael.I was looking forward to see my new baby brother,but my father wouldn't take me with him in the hospital.Then after a couple of days,he announced us that Michael was born sick and he died.

There is no way to describe the anger i felt at the moment.I couldn't understand why a baby had to die.The same night i saw grandpa in my dream,holding Michael in his arms.He told me:"Don't worry,i'll take care of him.He's going to be ok.Come close to see him".
When i woke up in the morning i went to my mother and told her the dream and it was the first time that i saw her smile.

For a very long time i saw grandpa in dreams.He gave me advice about different things and after my grandmother's death they came in the dreams together.
I haven't seen him in a very long time,but he is the reason that i read and research ghosts,spirits and other paranormal things.From my mother i have learned that he was very interested in paranormal as well.He was reading a lot and he had many experiences.

Maybe in a way he did pass this to me.

That's my little life changing experience.
Thank you for reading.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

There's so much about life that we don't know about, and even less about death. Such mysteries!

SnF, and thanks for sharing your story. I'm glad your grandpa stopped to say goodbye. That should mean a lot to you.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you Druid.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

I can certainly understand why this was a life changer for you. I like the way you brought your mom into the story, from being fearful to consoled.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Oh, that was a lovely story, I must say. It's interesting to see how they appeared to you. I have had some experiences with relatives who have passed on but it was quite different. Can you describe the background of the dream? What did it look like? Are they always the same or different each time?

Star and flag, naturally.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Thank you for you kind words

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
S&F for you and I am still misty eyed from your description of your grandfather holding your baby brother and comforting you at the same time.

There are many things in this life that can not be explained. Some of us choose to see them...others never do. Thank you for sharing one of your experiences with us. It bought me comfort as well...more than you know. To hear about someone from "The Other Side" caring for another family member brings sheer joy to me. Thank you for that.

Very well done indeed.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

The dreams were different each time.In the dreams we were usually in my house or his house and i always remembered that he was dead.I wasn't afraid and he was always the sweet person that i remember.
For example when i started smoking at the age of 15,the day i lit my very first cigarette i saw him in my dream,chiding me for starting a bad habit.

Another one when i was looking for a job,he came to me and he told me:"let's go for a walk".He took me to a shop that i didn't know and told me to go there and ask for work.Next day i went,the shop was empty,but a woman from a nearby shop told me that the place was going to be a mini-market,she told me who the owner was and long story short...i got the job.

In a way he did what every grandfather would do,he gave me advice and helped me with everyday problems.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

Thank you.
People maybe gone from this realm of existence,but they never stop loving and care about us.

I'm happy that this story made you feel comfort.If there is anything you want to get off your chest or if i can help in any way,feel free to U2U me.

new topics

top topics

join