It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False Flag Alert - Important - Internet Kill Switch to Be Armed by DHS on Monday

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unown
Really?

Anyone who has an idea of how DNS works and what this virus is supposed to do should know that OP's theory is complete hogwash. People like me would immediately know something is up if the government tried this.

This event on monday only affects people who have already gotten the virus and don't know about it. The virus changes the way computers look for internet addresses:

- A DNS server is in charge of translating domain names into IP addresses.
- If you type in "www.google.com" into your browser, it asks a DNS server for the real IP address, which would be something like 74.125.224.116
- The virus just changed the address of the DNS server you would normally use and would redirect it to a malicious DNS server that would hand out fake addresses.
- The FBI found out about this and took the malicious DNS servers down, and set up their own with the same address.

On monday, the FBI will simply take away these DNS servers. People who are affected will not have a DNS server to ask for addresses, so typing a domain name into the address bar will do nothing. They will only be able to reach addresses through their real IP address, so they'll still have an internet connection. There is no "internet kill-switch.

I'm sorry, OP; but I'm going to have to call bull on this. Deny ignorance.

Hey unknown, you seem like quite the expert. Can you comment on my posts above?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GenerationGap

Amerika 2.0
Brought to you by your freindly neighborhood DHS Man.
Yup, he can kill the web, just like flies.
NWO is upon you.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationGap
You've heard the story. There's a vicious virus that's been floating around for some months now, and on Monday the FBI will be isolating machines that are infected, leaving affected machines in a cyber no man's land.

The story of this virus is a FALSE FLAG EVENT.

This is a government test brother. The "DNS Virus" is not a virus, it's a program that is in it's BETA phase, its a portion of the EAS program. You know the internet kill switch given to Obama at the start of his Presidency, this is part of that infrastructure. On Monday they are testing it, or rather I should write "arming" it.

This "virus" is a government program. They are testing their ability to alter the DNS record databases nationwide, something never done before and actually quite complicated, courtesy not of the FBI, but DHS. Again its complicated, and the odds of something going wrong, are high. This little BS story about our Federal Government helping to protect us from an existing virus is just that, a cover story. A mini-false flag if you will.

Essentially, this is DHS putting us behind their firewall that they control on Monday. If your network goes down its not because you have a virus...It's because you don't have THEIR program (the real virus IHMO). If you don't have their program, you wont be routed through their firewalls/controlled DNS Record databases. On Monday they arm it for the first time; and if everything goes well, on Tuesday Obama, and every President after him will have the ability to either cut the internet off, or reroute all requests to an "Emergency Alert System" page, but only in the event of a catastrophe or uncivilized uprising (Read as False Flag Event). Monday is a big day.

About the Internet Kill Switch:
www.switched.com...

China Tested their Kill Switch in April, now it's our turn:
www.zdnet.com...

FEMA's page on the EAS for background information:
www.fema.gov...

We thought we stopped SOPA, I've got bad news fellow countrymen, on Monday we get behind the firewall by law or by crook.

No, there's no link to Fox News, InfoWars, Aljezeera, or RT. And there will be no link. This is only common sense and I'm shocked if I'm the first person to recognize this. A false flag is being waved and we're being duped into following it right to McAfee:

www.siteadvisor.com...

This has False Flag and Government Social Engineering by fear BS all over it.

Come on DHS, you can do better than this.

edit on 7-7-2012 by GenerationGap because: Typos, likely to fix more.

All I can really say to you, I guess, is that its a great try to debunk something you obviously know very little about or you are a skeptic that could not be convinced that the color RED was actually RED and not GRAY as you have been seeing things. I'm an IT Professional for 32+ years and I can tell you this VIRUS is infact real as I've had to deal with the issue in the past. So, believe what you want. I'm telling you from my own experience with it, that you don't know what you are talking about.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Hey unknown, you seem like quite the expert. Can you comment on my posts above?

Thanks, but I'm only saying what I know.

Anyways, this is just my take on it:

You can easily "hack" into a router through Wi-Fi if the default password is still set. People who are knowledgeable generally change this. (There are ways to get into a protected router through Wi-Fi, but it requires time and resources the government wouldn't want to bother with.)

Hacking a router through the internet is a bit more messy. It mostly relies on exploits and the ignorance of the router owner. It may be easy or very difficult depending on the router settings. So I suppose it may work on those who don't know much about computers and things.

Some linksys routers recently got flashed without the owner's consent by Cisco themselves. Of course, it was because of a default setting on the router which allowed cisco to do that.

With so many kinds of routers being used, the feds would have to find an exploit that would work on all routers. Even if they were to succeed and would try to change something, tech experts would notice something was up with their routers and would immediately report on it, making the entire thing public.

So in my opinion, your scenario is possible, but improbable based on the resources needed and implications of such an act. There are much better ways to "control" the internet than attacking consumer owned devices. ISPs are one way of doing this. If the government can control ISPs, they can control the internet.

Like I said, it's just my take on this. I wouldn't expect an attack like this from the government.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
More likely they are going to exploit the "virus" to initiate a DDoS attack on Iran and Syria prior to the actual military strike. They probably use the NSA crypt key to put a hole in your firewall, put a trojan/worm on your machine and hide it with a rootkit. It's bad enough the Gov't is likely doing this, but god help us when some hacker group exploits this firewall hole, it's probaly big enough to sail an aircraft carrier through it.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Don't know what's going to happen on Monday, and I do not know if a kill switch exists. I do however know that the loss of the internet even for a day would be detrimental. Almost everything involves the internet now. Its naive in anyone to think everyone wouldn't be affected. Not apocalyptic, but definitely important. Could care less about social networks but it could affect much more than that.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This makes me laugh.

I have fixed plenty of pc's with a virus that changes the DNS to either direct to makers sight or just block all internet access. Its an easy easy fix.

Take the pc off the network, run your virus scanner then go to your network settings and manually set up a dns. Most ISP's auto assign your dns anyway. There is no way anyone could block 300 million people from the internet and if they did, someone would find a way to get around it.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

You can get your knickers in a knot all you want...but it does not affect the whole internet...but if your so worried...go here....check and see if your infected...simple as that

CHECK FOR DNS VIRUS

it is so simple it is rediculous...and i do understand how the internet works...heck i used to use bbs services before the internet even came about....i remember when good ole bill gates made his fortune by IBM' mistake of licensing DOS rather than buying the operating system for themselves.

the internet runs through pstn(public switch telephone network) in the US and other countries have their equivalents....But you can keep on believing what you like...yes there are attempts goinjg on to try and get people to switch over to other regulated services...and people such as the Rockefellers would love for this to happen...but it has not as of yet...So please do not infer i have not a clue...because right now it looks like you have not a clue.

but please go check your machine....It won't hurt to be safe now will it....And it is free.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube

Well i guess i will jump in first....ummm no chance.

The internet and it's beauty of function is the fact it is a haphazard collection of networks... No one source can shut it down...and so therefore...i would say this is not true....just think of how people now connect over mobile phone systems now....Don't worry...No kill switch.

uhhh.. we are binded to an EMF, the SUN is the ONE source that could shut it down, you are just another smart ass who doesnt have anything to back up his mockery.

Humans have lived without internet for millions of years.. and now our species is a mind controlled sheeple collective who dont have any base of connection with nature so they sit home or at their jobs and live on an imaginery cyber world ...

Basically... if the internet goes down, WHO CARES. All this crap about being able to connect world wide, being able to know whats going on.. how about LIVE your ONE life, real life not cyber life. Get in connection with yourself and nature, something that will always be there. The internet is and ALWAYS HAS beeen temperary. So get over it people. Theres more to life then sitting and looking at an illuminated screeen

OP - if this is true, thank you for the heads up. No internet wont bother me, I have my own life to focus on

~ love is an art

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
So the virus alters the domain name resolution to its own pre-assigned IP address. In other words, reroutes the proper resolution of name and IP delivered by the domain server, and redirects you to where ever it is assigned to take you.

Tell me again how this, in theory, isn't an internet kill switch.

Yes I realize the internet would still theoretically be there. But your access would be be at the behest of who ever controls the altered DNS Server database you are redirected through.

Look at it this way.

The virus waits for a request to ABCD.com, hijacks that resolution of that address not locally on the machine, but in the DNS resolution servers, and supplements it to EFGH.com where you will be redirected.

Per the details at DCWG.org
The botnet operated by Rove Digital altered user DNS settings, pointing victims to malicious DNS in data centers in Estonia, New York, and Chicago. The malicious DNS servers would give fake, malicious answers, altering user searches, and promoting fake and dangerous products. Because every web search starts with DNS, the malware showed users an altered version of the Internet.

So people infected with the virus are rerouted. Tell me again how this same logic will not suffice as a means of negating internet access to the millions by the DHS. The fix reroutes your requests to the proper areas in the DNS server clusters right? What are the proper DNS servers? Easy. Those that are either regulated or even maintained by your Big Brother. If they can turn off access to the erroneous requests, they can later turn off access to the "legitimate" requests as well.

This is a Trojan Horse in the guise of protecting against Trojan Horse. On Monday this logic will be tested. It's really rather simple.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Labrynth2012

well stated labrynth It is real...but it is not as the Op is making it out to be...that it is some kind of killswitch to shut down the internet...It is a pain in the behind virus the redirects you to places you have no idea why...but it is easy enough to check and sort out....Does the gov want people to switch onto a more regulated internet...Of course they do...because they would love to stifle free speech...they know how the internet has motivated people and they don't like it.
It is interesting how people do not understand what their own isp is and how it is just assigned a block of ip addresses which it can draw upon to provide it's members with an address.

The isp can be private,governmental,non profit etc.

The OP also gets angry if you do not agree with their over hyped up point of view....but i guess we will learn on monday won't we....also it has been said it could possibly affect upto 4mil users...now that is hardly a drop in the bucket of people actually online....I do wonder though...will it affect my mobile phone connections in any way.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

911 Was the sloppiest most reckless false flag event ever.....

Cant wait to see how bright this illuminated bunch is after the 11 year magi spell....

Good riddance interNET
Make sure you permanently cut the TVs off and close the movie theaters down while you are at it.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by plube
reply to post by Labrynth2012

The OP also gets angry if you do not agree with their over hyped up point of view....but i guess we will learn on monday won't we....also it has been said it could possibly affect upto 4mil users...now that is hardly a drop in the bucket of people actually online....I do wonder though...will it affect my mobile phone connections in any way.

Not angry at all plube. I want the discussion. And no, on Monday the internet isn't going to be killed. The technology and logic will be tested Monday. Armed if you will, not fired. That will come later when the EAS is activated. If they are able to filter out the requests of infected machines they have proven that they can filter any request. That's my point, just waiting for someone to tell me how that logic isn't what the government would need to cause a total communication black out in the event the EAS is deployed.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
LAME work is going to be super boring with no ATS!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You know what's funny? When their internet no longer works, all the shills will start wondering why, and only then will they realize that no matter how many hackers can circumvent this, they will never find out how to do it because they don't have internet

Why would the FBI be involved in removing a virus in the first place anyway? All the elements are there, virus, kill switch, FBI, and still people going "no it's just a virus"...

I'm sure this is plausible, whether it's true or not nobody knows, but are you people forgetting who even invented the internet in the first place? Where it finds it's origins? What do you think those people have been doing all these years? Playing farmville on facebook? No, they expand their technology just like they do with everything, you nor I have a clue what they're capable of.

For many people, the fact that we are all connected and the internet is nothing but a giant bunch of connected networks is a positive thing and proof they can't pull it off, well, erhm, I don't know, if something ever were to start spreading, it would infect every connected users by the end of the day.

It's not because hackers are not capable of creating something seriously big, the government isn't either. It would be the PERFECT move on their part, two flies in one hit; Shut down the internet and thus blocking the spreading of crucial information of breaking news (imagine something important happens, we'd not find out that fast without the internet), AND after the massive attack, they would come out with a new "safety net", whatever that may be, whether it's restrictions on the internet or whatever.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

To some up your two birds with one stone analogy.

Let no crisis go to waste. That's big government philosophy at its core.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
First off, i don't know how some can say there is no kill switch. I get my internet through comcast. Which if i dont pay my bill. They shut it off. Right there is a kill switch. Also, my electric company have and has started putting in electric meter readers.

I asked the guy why and he said "its so we dont have to send people out to cut it off if you dont pay the bill"

So, let me ask you this. Are those not kill switches?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I have been extremely suspicious of this whole story since the beginning. Something just doesn't feel right about the publicity that the FBI has put into this.

This is the first virus I can ever recall where several sites are already set up, all over the web, that so quickly, efficiently, and cleanly checks for a "virus". All of them have a just a huge button, or simply-worded message in the middle of the page, that a 4-year old could understand. Since when are they so concerned about my internet access?

I think there's more to this story than what we've been told, but what it is, is anyone's guess, and yours has been the best theory I've heard so far.

As for the debunkers, they are assuming that the "DNS redirection" story we've been fed by the media is an accurate representation of how this virus works. If this were a cover story, the technical details would be plausible, but not accurate.
edit on 7/7/2012 by AntiNWO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
isnt anonymous going to put out a version of the internet that cant be turned off, i saw the video the other day on this site but cant find it now, anyone know what im talking about.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

If so, I missed it. I do remember hearing they were going to host Pir Bay on a drone full of servers though.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join