Push to legalise paint ball guns in Tasmania

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Push to legalise paint ball guns in Tasmania

www.themercury.com.au

aintball games have been banned in Tasmania since the Port Arthur massacre.

Mr Evans said the game was decisively banned as part of the uniform gun laws introduced in 1996 but it was time to change that.

He said it had the potential to attract national and international competitors and valuable tourism dollars.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7-7-2012 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I can not believe they are not budging on this.

The Anti Gun Control Group has made a argument that we shall not be encouraging people to shoot each other. What a pathetic argument while we are at it lets make all fighting sport illegal too.

Its not promoting a gun culture, its promoting a sport which I will never get to try because of gun laws they pushed onto us after a massacre that they have not investigated properly.

So I hope they come around and get past what they consider to be ugly.

www.themercury.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by amraks

The poor neutered people of tasmania. And I did not put a capitol "T" for a reason they do not deserve one.

Thankfully they don't have to live there lives in fear because of guns. Gotta love irony. Are people really this pathetic.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
When they've done this they cna bring back semi-auto's aswell!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by amraks

The poor neutered people of tasmania. And I did not put a capitol "T" for a reason they do not deserve one.

Thankfully they don't have to live there lives in fear because of guns. Gotta love irony. Are people really this pathetic.

It would seem so. A God given right turned into a safety concern by self entitled pathetic people on power trips.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
JIminy christ!!

I remember almost 20 years ago paintball guns/paintball was illegal in mainland Aus. I thought about how stupid this was.

I had no idea Tassie still had this.

Wow, pollies down there suck more bum than a bottom feeding sand groper.

What on earth does a paintball gun have to do with martin bryant. he had REAL guns, legally and illegally obtained. Once again a case of the adults being penalised because a damn child chucks a wobbly.. and bryant was as dumb as a bucket of nails.

Anyone read his police interview? He's better off in prison. Crap, hes better off dead that sick sonof abitch.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mainidh
JIminy christ!!

What on earth does a paintball gun have to do with martin bryant. he had REAL guns, legally and illegally obtained. Once again a case of the adults being penalised because a damn child chucks a wobbly.. and bryant was as dumb as a bucket of nails.

I just wanted to quote that becuase I liked the way it was written

On topic

Paint ball Guns? Really? Banned?

Really?

Man...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
In the State of Victoria they have banned Knives. Yep. Believe it or not the powers that be in Victoria have (tried to) banned bladed weapons. I mean, as obvious as it is, it has not worked but the law is in place.

Just stupid politicians who should all be somethinged.

Perhaps we need to reconsider the status of Guy Fawkes. Perhaps he had the right idea.

P
edit on 7-7-2012 by pheonix358 because: This is filled out, really!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Possibly my favorite line of the year. I feel like a few women may have called me a bottom feeding sand groper. Well maybe the nice ones.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
what about water pistols, are they legal? I tried to find out, but surprisingly there's not to much info to be had regarding Tasmania's water pistol laws.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
ummmmmm this is from 2009
anyway i agree that we should be allowed to have paintball maybe start lobbying again seeing as they are talking about gun law modifications

posted on Aug, 26 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Haha I just noticed that thanks Meg, I seen it on the news that night I posted on ATS.

Thought I would look it up and come across this story.

didn't check the dates. Ahhh.

top topics

join