It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Olympics and Alien Invasion. What Better Time.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amandla
I think the special olympics would be funny not because of disabled people, but because of not-disabled people big egos, who think, that they are better and most suitable for first contact. And then aliens land in special olympics instead
It´s like how americans see White House as best place for first contact, but Aliens land in some little native village or small "unimportant" country instead for first official contact. It is entertaining thought, because of disappointment from people, who think they are somehow more important than others.

But it would be great, if aliens would make real open contact this year!

Nice! See, irony is funny. Now, was that so difficult, Vizzle? Amandla, you know, that always kind of worried me about a contact scenario--that the aliens would pick the worst possible representatives of the human race (like politicians on the white house lawn etc.) and the rest of us would be doomed for their choice of contactees.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Yes, I´ve thought about that too. But I hope, that if there are some aliens who plan to make contact, then thay have been researching and learning about humanity as much as they can before the decide where, when and how to make open contact. This might be reason who people have seen so many unidentified objects in the sky, they might be observing us very closely before making any moves - and this is wise thing to do on this planet

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

It could happen.If i were an alien and i wanted everyone to see me,i would definetely use this type of event to show myself.
Besides if they were peaceful and they were of the same race that visited our ancestors they would definetely use the Olympics as a symbol of peace.
In ancient Greece at the time of the Olympics all wars and fights stopped for as long as the games lasted.I wish this happened today as well.

Interesting thought and i wish your intuition is correct.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Amandla

Right. Hopefully if we ever do see contact go down, it'll happen so that everyone can take part in it like the OP said. We need representatives from every and all walks of life seeing this and participating in it.

Although, picking out an undiscovered, humble little village in the Amazon wouldn't be so bad either. Then it could be a double contact for us! They could make contact with an un-contacted tribe while we make contact with an un-contacted intelligent species!

edit on 7-7-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Heck, maybe they'll be showing up to compete too? Now that would be something. They're coming to steal all our golds

From what I hear on ATS, the Olympics are pretty heavily secured and armed. Let's hope there's no warring going on. Interesting symbolism of peace though--I had never heard that before.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

The Olympic Truce was initially created to ensure that the athletes and the visitors would arrive safe in Olympia for the games,but it was also a chance for peace among the Greeks.

www.perseus.tufts.edu...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I always find the "Why would aliens come here" and "We don't communicate with Insects" to be extremely odd, as, if going by the info given from abduction reports throughout the history(Yes, the abduction phenomena is ancient), where the majority of the ETs are not only very humanoid(Just different complexion and height), which means that whereever they come from, they are related to the Human Species, something which an insect is not, and secondly, they are also fully capable of communicating with humans and vice versa, which again, a Human and an insect are not.

Another reason for why the supposed ET's could have an interest in this planet, could potentially be that they were here first, and Homo Sapiens are their offspring that they are "tending" and watching.

Sooner or later, if the Ancient Alien-theory is correct, they will make themselves known yet again, although I personally doubt that it is going to happen this year or any near future, but hey, I am open to the possibility.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Nick Pope (former MOD in Britain) says it would be the perfect place for an open contact. Is this maybe to create a false flag? Who knows...

What if the alien race had been advising the world's governments to warn the people of a coming disaster? Our government has not listened and is keeping secrets, all the while building underground shelters. The Olympics would be the perfect place to warn the entire world as there are many different countries meeting together.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by visinequeen

Ugh. I get so tired of this viewpoint, and it really makes no sense at all. Roaches don't make nuclear power plants, or make changes to their landscape that are visible from space. It is very possible that alien life forms just want to make contact because we are developing into something more and more complicated with every passing decade. Stop with the roach/ant/insect idea. It doesn't work.

As far as contact at the olympics, I can see how that's possible. I don't know for certain, but I would think the olympics are the most widely televised and viewed events on the planet. So sure, what better time and place? I definitely cant' think of one.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012zeropointeventhorizon
reply to post by visinequeen

This is the year aliens make themselves known or we visit ourselfs from the futre becuase in the timeloop this is when that type of technology becuase of Cern and other projects becomes possible. I know I feel it in my gut I always knew ever since I was a boy they would come and I am 30 years old now they are comming expect it end of July to Aug 30th its whats next society is ready. building ships like in star trek start right after first contact. It will also fix the the world economy with a renewed space race. Get ready I am never wrong I have a third eye and a sixth sense.

My pair of Third Worlds and Seventh Heavens beats your Third Eye and Sixth Sense.

But, seriously, do you have any proof of your ptevious predictions coming true? A thread, something? Just curious, not trying to call you out.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Why would aliens even know what the olympics is?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by repressed
Why would aliens even know what the olympics is?

Well, if you are going by the Ancient Alien-scenario and believes that the Ancient gods were in actuality ET's, then they were actually the ones that invented the first Olympic games to begin with, when a group of Greek Demi-gods decided to entertain themselves by setting up a contest where they and their friends could compete with each other, such as by running and sprinting, and then crowned the winner with the infamous Olive branch put over the locks of the forehead.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Just heard a radio presenter on radio 2 joke about us being attacked by aliens when discussing the surface to air missiles being set up on a block of flats. Until now i thought the idea was complete and utter pish but just thought id become a member and share this

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

We have no chance of having any sort of meaningful conversation or exchange of information with cockroaches and insects. We take cats and dogs as pets and still try to have some sort of understanding with them.

Same species with different levels of development/spiritual evolution is completely different from different species (not to mention that the different species still has an animal mind and not an individual soul-system yet).

A better comparison would be 'savages' of the jungle with the technologically more advanced western people - just as an example.

Humans are completely different from animals, and animals are completely different from insects, so a comparison to a cockroach is wrong, not to mention not very well thought out. A comparison of a human talking to a chair is on the same level as the cockroach comparison.

Animals don't have capabilities of the mind and soul that humans have - they can't build 'civilizations', they can't reason, plan their future, do math or do any abstract thinking. They can't realize the value of 'money', they are basically just the very basic physical instincts combined with simplistic low-level reaction processes, which isn't really "thought". Animals don't (for the most part - there is an exception, but I explained this already in a thread) have individual souls, but more like "parts" of a bigger soul, so they don't have real individuality, like humans do (though many humans seem to want to desperately revert back to the no-thinking no-individual choices-kind of herd mentality).

I don't think I need to talk about insects ...

In any case, you can't have a 'communication' with an animal beyond the simplistic physical instincts and other simple functions. You can have fun with animals, you can play with them, but you can't tell a joke and expect them to laugh. They won't understand it. If you throw a stick, they know enough to bring it back - it's their hunting instinct, for example. But if you tell them to fix a bug in your C++ program, they cannot do it, even if it's a really simple program, like "Hello, world!".

So it's madness to make such a comparison.

And furthermore, E.T.'s have always been 'here'. I mean, how do you think human bodies were created? They didn't just suddenly appear on this planet. They were developed in Earth's moons (one of which exploded because of an unfortunate sequence of events, which sank the Atlantis and ended up causing the flood and the ice age), and then brought on the planet (this explains why people really have a 25 hour sleeping rhythm or 'biological clock', if you don't artificially conform it to another standard with alarm clocks etc.)..

We are all space travelers, and 'extraterrestrials' to people on other planets. Just because our spaceship is a blue planet, it doesn't mean it isn't happening - most people don't realize how fast the Earth is moving through space all the time - and them with it!

The thing is, people have fragile psyches and free will. This makes it impossible for the E.T.'s to come in any kind of "spectacle". They wouldn't want to cause disruption in how we live our lives and handle things, and something like that would certainly drive many people mad, many people would be scared out of their minds, and chaos would ensue. Who moral and ethical individual (or group) would really want to be responsible for causing something like that?

For any kind of 'contact' to be possible, the human beings will have to find out about these things themselves. Individuals can usually be contacted without that much danger, especially if it's done gradually and sensitively, and the individuals have been chosen with great care. The same way UFOs could have started having more and more worldwide appearances, if they had done it gradually (though it seems that they didn't - the UFO sightings amount seems to always have been quite low). By "UFO", I don't mean "Unidentified Flying Object" this time, but I use the word, because it has so many other meanings now. I really mean more like in the lines of 'flying saucers' or 'spaceships from other planets'.

No one is going to come down from the 'heavens' and save us from ourselves - WE must do our part! We have responsibility from the affairs of the world, and we certainly have to face the consequences of our own actions. You can't just live like a hostile ape-pig for all your life, and then expect some otherplanetary saviour to come and free you from the consequences you have created! That's horribly selfish and non-responsible way of thinking about things.

If you have lived a 'bad' life, the only way you can correct it, is to make it a 'good' life. You have to do it. No one can do it for you, no matter how far they have come to visit this planet.

Why would there be a public, global contact like that? Have we given anyone any reason for them to do so? We follow our lusts like animals, we kill, pollute, fight, express wrong values..why would they do it?
edit on 28-7-2012 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join