It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something isn't right here........

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
People can still use it as an excuse for not buying any Christmas presents though, right? Gotta practice my suprised look while saying "But the world was supposed to end?!" Gonna save myself some money. LOL.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Maybe time for revolution number 2 ?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by colton83
I'm sorry but this is ridiculous. I know this is a conspiracy website and all but do some of you actually listen to yourselves? Some of you are pathetic.

How many events has America been through and recovered from? Too many to count. We will recover from this recession and be just fine. We are the most powerful country in the world and it's not even close. How much worse was the great depression? There were huge lines of people lining up for food. Is that happening today? NO! Today the great depression is a thing of the past and we are a stronger nation because of it.

Also, I can't believe how against cops people on here are. If someone breaks into your house at night and the cops save you, are they still the bad guys? I'm sure some of you will say yes but when the time comes I seriously doubt you won't accept their help.

I am currently trying to get into the police academy and it really makes me sad that this is how some people will think of me when I become a cop. All I want to do is protect and serve the people and yet some spew nothing but hate. Don't worry though I won't think twice about helping any of you in your time of need. A few bad apples have ruined the reputation of the brave men and women who protect you on a daily basis.

I am done now so flame away.

Let me start by saying that I'm not going to flame you. I sense you are a decent honorable fellow with good intentions and a desire to serve your community. Don't know your age but guess in your 20's. Having served in law enforcement for 15 years from the 70's and 80's I can offer you some insight into what you are getting into.
First, when you enter the academy, you are going to be told that you were chosen because you are the cream of the crop. You will be taught numerous classes on criminal justice procedures which emphasize your authority over the public, and that your mind set must become one of total control of any situation you encounter. You can be polite, but never let your guard down. You will be shown mock-up films of actual events where law enforcement officers were killed in action. How routine traffic stops turned into cop killings. How domestic disputes are one of the most dangerous encounters you will experience.All scenarios are events that have actually happened. You will be taught what conditions justify use of deadly force.(greatly expanded in recent years) You will be taught some law, but very little on Constitutional law and bill of individual rights. Before you complete your training, you will have presentations from numerous federal agencies like FBI DHS, ATS etc. These presentations will instill the risks of selected groups to be carefully watched, which will include , anyone with a "survivalist" mentality, legal gun owners ,anyone who quotes the constitution, self proclaimed "patriots", Christians, returning military personnel ( whether they have ever committed a crime or not), along with the speculated lone wolf terrorist. When they get through with you, you will either be somewhat paranoid or convinced you could fight a chain saw with a tooth brush. Somewhere in the process you will develop an "us verses them" mentality.
When you hit the streets you will be told that your job is to make arrests if "anything" gives you cause to suspect that a violation "may" have occurred and ways to spin an interview into probable cause. The more arrest you make, the faster you get to move up the latter. Your local DA will be bucking for maximum convictions, which look good on their record, and will contort or manufacture any "evidence" to achieve that end. After some time you will realize that the system is more about the money than justice. Fines for the dept, the state and at least in my state, fund the judges retirement system, not to mention legal fees for attorneys.
You will also quietly realize that protect and serve means hope we can arrest the perp after the crime. You may prevent future crimes from the arrest, but to expect that you can arrive in time to stop a crime in progress is rare. The ability for law abiding citizens to defend themselves and their property is frowned upon by the system, or is outright illegal in some jurisdictions. I'm not trying to talk you our of the profession, for we need more really good cops with your values, but the general public has seen or known someone who has been abused by cops with no concern for constitutional rights. Every time an abuse of power happens the more resentment and mistrust is raised by the public. If you have a reputation of fairness and compassion, the more respect you receive. Become an asshole and you will be treated as such.
Does this help explain why so much negative opinion of enforcement agencies is on ATS.

Y

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by Sinny

In honesty I would love to know exactly how occupy is looking after our Constitutional values. It is not a slight, I just wan't to understand how there fight has anything to do with personal liberty.

its simple,
you have to exercise your rights,
your right to assemble, then go to court and have the charges against you dismissed.

then you have to exercise your right to associate with others who are like minded.
and defend them in court.

then you have to exercise your right to communicate with others, without unreasonable search and seizure
and then go to court.

you end up going to court alot and eventually realise that the constitution is still the most powerful document in the land.

and by exercising your rights in a systematic way,
you inhabit your constitution and gain standing in court before you even step foot outside to protest.

any other questions?

xploder

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HeliousSince that time, The United States has become a police state, we have policeman taking down 9 year old girls with tazors, assaulting people in wheelchairs, macing students in peaceable protests, becoming livid and forceful when a video camera is in sight and arresting and incarcerating without probably cause with impunity, leaving the citizen to pay thousands of dollars to pay for a defense for a non crime and when they are found innocent, there is no punishment to the officer in question.
The courts in this country, the laws, the fines, the persecution have become normal. Water your grass on this day, wear you seat belt, Don't have a couple chickens in the back yard in a coup, Don't collect rain water, register your guns with fifteen different departments before you buy it, if you will even be able to own one in a couple years. The writing is on the wall and what it says is that freedom is no longer the basis of our nation or society that we live in.

I hate the society that I and every american is forced to live in.
It is worse than Stalanist Russia.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join