It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something isn't right here........

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Great post. I am a man of faith so my comfort is in the Lord. That being said, I do believe one must be educated and prepared for the coming tragedies upon our nation and world. If you don't hunt, learn. Learn to fish, plant etc. Know the lay of the land. Keep an eye on your environment. Know what routes to take and the ones to avoid. It is very hard to hide from drones, cameras and satellites in this day and age so learn how to blend in. There is a storm coming that will transform man for ever more. Make your peace with God. Love your families and enjoy ever quality minute you have with them. God bless all of you.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I don't have time to read through 4+ pages of posts, but i would like to put in my 2 cents, so forgive if my post is redundant. While i believe that what is happening to this country is a disgrace to it's citizens and its forefathers, it is necessary. The vast majority of Americans are blind, bloated, bewildered, and betrayed. We have been lied to for over a lifetime, pigeon-holed into eating genetically modified food, force-fed political garbage and lies, all the while our children are born into debt and despair. You are right about Rome, and I think that history is certainly repeating itself.

9-11, The Patriot Act, and the bills that followed are all focused on one thing: Preventing Americans from a successful revolution. We are monitored, tracked, red listed, followed, arrested, beaten, tried, convicted, sentenced, and punished for our right to fight for our freedom. All because our government relies solely on one thing: the dollar.

Well guess what? It's going to happen. People are, as you said OP, waking up. You can only imprison so many people before the rest begin to fight back.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Keeping us distracted and off the revolutionary road a little longer the Colorado fires are just another way the government and Obama can act like they are saving the day when it is more than likely something they started themselves and putting all these resources to use that normally would control and spy on us for example: in April 2012 the Colorado Fusion Center part of (DHS) claimed that terrorists are planning on starting fires on the west coast and here we have a huge fire started right in Colorado Springs where the Fusion Center is located!! Hmmm billions of tax dollars spent so they can spy on us and they dont know who did this?? And the joint NATO/Russian forces just got done training in Colorado Springs where the fire started....who are the real terrorists?? Fire gets started by our own terrorist governement then they save the day, FEMA comes into to help put those camps/bases to use, military evacuates the towns and nobody knows how it happened?? Please give me a break

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

You keep bringing up how different America is now and how its not what the forefathers wanted it to be. But do you not realize that MANY things have happened to change not only this country but the world, that were not around in 1776?

They could not foresee that 9/11 would happen, and so we don't really know what they would have done. For all we know they really could have reacted the same way. I mean if they were going to start a revolution over the taxation of tea... What would they have done had someone driven a carriage full of dynamite into independence hall

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ilikestarz
reply to post by Helious

9-11, The Patriot Act, and the bills that followed are all focused on one thing: Preventing Americans from a successful revolution. We are monitored, tracked, red listed, followed, arrested, beaten, tried, convicted, sentenced, and punished for our right to fight for our freedom. All because our government relies solely on one thing: the dollar.

Have you been prevented from posting your free speech on the internet? has someone hacked your computer to find out if your talking to Osama bin laden? have you been followed and beaten, tried and convicted? in other words are you a suspected terrorist with suspected ties to Hezbollah or any of the other groups?

if your answer is no... then clearly the patriot act is only doing what its supposed to do.. tracking those people who could answer yes.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Greetings,

As we approach the date of December 21st 2012 we are starting to see some things that are rather disturbing. These things should be disturbing regardless if you are a believer in the date or a non believer because turmoil on the planet between humans, humans and nature and the jump in science has never been this heated in any period of time since anyone reading this thread has been alive besides World War II.

The United States has been slowly but surely increasing it's power in both military might and assets grabbing since the initial strike on Iraq that was largely sold as a way to protect innocents from weapons of mass destruction. Since that day, we have learned that there was never any credible intelligence that led to that conclusion and the act of ware we waged was unjust and not allowed by our Constitution.

From there, we devolved to the events of 9/11 and while I do not intend this thought or thread to be devoted to this subject you have to admit that no matter what side of the fence you are on, there are some very convenient outcomes to 9/11 that profits the government and subjugates the population at the same time.

Take what it that you will but you must understand that this event birthed the Patriot Act robbing us all of our basic freedoms that have been afforded us since the inception of our country. This was done on the basis of fear, manipulation and falsehoods and the law passed without the public blinking an eye in the wake of public outrage for revenge on the attacks on our country.

Since that time, The United States has become a police state, we have policeman taking down 9 year old girls with tazors, assaulting people in wheelchairs, macing students in peaceable protests, becoming livid and forceful when a video camera is in sight and arresting and incarcerating without probably cause with impunity, leaving the citizen to pay thousands of dollars to pay for a defense for a non crime and when they are found innocent, there is no punishment to the officer in question.

What exactly have we become here, in this country? I remember watching Pearl Harbor with my wife years ago and I remember crying because I applauded heroes and those that risked there life to protect freedom and liberty and it was beautiful. What are we now? You have to ask yourself this question as it pertains to our morals and our basic outline of what this country should be.

We were never meant to create or start pre-emptive wars, we were only meant to protect our borders and those that are in VERY close alignment with our country as it pertains to National Security. We are not even world policing right now, we are actively plotting and executing invasion and take overs of countries. What in the hell are we doing?

The courts in this country, the laws, the fines, the persecution have become normal. Water your grass on this day, wear you seat belt, Don't have a couple chickens in the back yard in a coup, Don't collect rain water, register your guns with fifteen different departments before you buy it, if you will even be able to own one in a couple years. The writing is on the wall and what it says is that freedom is no longer the basis of our nation or society that we live in.

Some of you will disagree and say that we are the pinnacle of creation and if I don't like it go live somewhere else. To that, I would say, I thumb my nose at you sir, you and your comrades. We have adopted a policy of totalitarianism in our foreign and domestic ventures and it is pushing forward at a very fast rate. We no longer live by the document our country was founded on, we now live by corporate charity and there goons who control congress with there donations, endorsements and back alley deals.

What a shame that we have become this, I often think how the average Roman citizen felt when they witnessed the collapse of there empire, everything they thought they were, everything they thought they could be, I think about this and I can't help but think that they probably felt the same way I do, right now.

Perfect you hit the nail on the head.There is a solution quit talking and start acting.When you see the police brutalize peacefull people.Put down the camera and take action.I hate bullies when that officer walked down the line of peaceful protesters.Put down the camera take action out numberd 1000 to one they would also be outnumberted 1000 to one.The courts can't take a few officers words against thousands of peoples words.The right to protect your self and others.in any state in the "union" you can protect citizens.You have just as much right to protect your self aginst any branch of the goverment. Men jump in woman keep filming.Then everyonr show up for court.This has happened in Florida several times in the last 5 years.make sure you are in the right and testify

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Police aren't immune if they are in the wrong.When you see abuse you are in your rights to come to someones aid.There have been several cases in Florida where people fought back and were cleared.I am not a paulbot.But the MSM has made sure you haven't heard him.#1 bring all troops home #2 close all oversea bases #3 a smaller federal goverment #4 audit and get rid of the fed #5 bring jobs back.In the 30's we went to isolationism it worked.With our real allies we are self sufficient.Canadas oil sands will keep us in fuel for at least 100 years.Quit giving money to people who hate us.The debt would be wiped out in no time.Freeze all of chinas assets including bonds till they play fair and quit their grab in the seas.If we stopped all imports from China they would be broke and humble in three years.Tell the world to pi$$ off except our tried and true allies.Then we win.It worked in the 30's after black friday it will work again.Why are we funding the world when we are broke?Now the grammer police should attack.Come on this is just a blog not a novel.Shut the borders raise education and put up a silver(not iron)wall

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
America truly is unstable. People need to open there damn eyes and wake up already because stuff like this is real and is happening at this very moment and is being hidden away from us. We are being lied to and that is not right in any way.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by camarosquid

They want a war for a short term fix so the world can forget how the dollar, euro and most of the worlds economies are failing and what better way than to start a war it puts people to work stimulates the economy then later saddles you with a ton of debt. Here at home Obama sits back and waits until it gets closer to the Nov elections and if the votes are too close he will get in on the war action as well to push the votes his way or a natural disaster will happen here at home that we started in the first place then he will save the day and get another 4 years in office. We are on a revolutionary road sooner or later I am afraid with our constitutional rights, and freedoms being challenged and restricted to the point were the government is so worried that they have 72 Fusion Centers to spy on us, FEMA bases dividing the country into 10 sectors in the case of an emergency, the councel of governors which would run the counry from 10 sectors in the event of a national emergency with President Obama getting to hand select all 10 governors, and new executive powers to the president to declare martial if need be all facts unfortunately and a ton of national debt that we dont need. So war here or overseas either way it is just a distraction and desperate attemp for countries to ignore the enivitable for what is soon to come a slowly sinking global economy.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I applaud your intuition. Particularly the observation of the average roman citizen.

Could it be that you feel this way because perhaps the "Roman" empire never really went away and just relocates the seat of power from time to time?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Dec 21 2012 will be the next day that nothing happens. Unless the idiots in charge want something to happen. Ridiculous. Stop worrying about what if and live life. A meteor could hit the earth at any minute and end us. Im more afraid of the national defense act than 2012. Fu@& 2012!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

"The government of this country has brainwashed the population.."

edit on 7-7-2012 by azureskys because: changed format

Yes,although the population allowed it's self to be brainwashed, we were not forced to watch
or listen the propaganda.
I am of the mind that the government has also been brainwashed along with the rest of us.

edit on 7-7-2012 by azureskys because: changed format

edit on 7-7-2012 by azureskys because: same

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Were heading into a new ice age. The earths axis is titling 40 miles each year now. The ice will melt and we will freeze. Of course if we dont reconize this we will go to war over resources and panic over food. If the world sticks together we can make it or we will go into another dark age. Thats it people.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ceranko

Then i recommend you learn to shoot, fish, and trap. Live game is natures way of storing energy for us to harvest during the winter. If it gets really bad, shooting won't help. You will need to trap small critters that are able to survive more readily.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

What a shame that we have become this, I often think how the average Roman citizen felt when they witnessed the collapse of there empire, everything they thought they were, everything they thought they could be, I think about this and I can't help but think that they probably felt the same way I do, right now.

How true brother. A perfect example I like to use all the time. People think that just because we're at the forefront of known human civilization and technology, we're inherently impervious to social and economic collapse. "Too big to fail" is the phrase they live by. The last thing most sheltered people think will happen is a Nazi-style fascist takeover of the world by America / The West, yet this is exactly what's happening in blatant sight of the entire lobotomized world every passing day.

It's going to be an interesting year, that's all I can say for sure. This breakdown of the System could be what humanity needs in order to see the "light" and change our self-destructive ways, but it could also spell the end of civilization and possibly even earth itself if we don't rein in our warmongering politicians before it's too late. The technology we have... man, it's the only thing on this earth that I'm truly scared to death of like a little child. Some real boogie-man sh#t. Everything else is a manageable fear, but the thought of what sciences and biological/technological/psychological weapons we have to use on each other now is truly frightening. If you're not nervous, you're a bloody idiot.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnarchist

This exactly is what is happening. Our own government is becoming that which we swore to protect others from. A scary prospect and reality to face which is why at the end of the day, many Americans choose to turn a blind eye to reality because the truth is far outside there comfort zone while they are still etching out a living and enjoying the small pleasures that are designed to distract from the nightmare of our true situation.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Join Occupy and stop America! Even I have a vrtual occupy space

After a thoughtful OP that’s your answer? STOP AMERICA??

PSA: JOIN OCCUPY!!
Come further destroy the once great America and join us in remaking it into….well….we haven’t got that far! But whatever you want we'll hear you out; we don’t turn anyone away!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

"Occupy" is neither the problem or the solution, it is just not adressing the main issues we currently face nor has the direction, insight or resolve to achieve real change. It is always good to see people pull together for something they believe in but in this case I feel as if the movment was manipulated into protesting non issues in the first place. I have no faith in OWS............

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by caterpillage

With everything said. Facilitating a positive change starts within you. Everything is connected. For example with me, this past week I deleted my facebook account. Since then Ive had a constant feeling of being in a great mood. Despite having nasty customers at my job I explain to everyone all options they have. I do not let their negativity get to me & just help everyone in the best possible way I can. I distinguish people's personal agendas from what they actually came to do. Im starting to get all the help I need for situations & my days are going perfect. So by just spreading a good mood Ive witnessed I am actually helping others, & remember one day at a time.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

when i read posts like yours it motivates me

re:
Take what it that you will but you must understand that this event birthed the Patriot Act robbing us all of our basic freedoms that have been afforded us since the inception of our country.

Take the criminals to court, the constitution is NOT just a piece of paper

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join