It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something isn't right here........

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+117 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Greetings,

As we approach the date of December 21st 2012 we are starting to see some things that are rather disturbing. These things should be disturbing regardless if you are a believer in the date or a non believer because turmoil on the planet between humans, humans and nature and the jump in science has never been this heated in any period of time since anyone reading this thread has been alive besides World War II.

The United States has been slowly but surely increasing it's power in both military might and assets grabbing since the initial strike on Iraq that was largely sold as a way to protect innocents from weapons of mass destruction. Since that day, we have learned that there was never any credible intelligence that led to that conclusion and the act of ware we waged was unjust and not allowed by our Constitution.

From there, we devolved to the events of 9/11 and while I do not intend this thought or thread to be devoted to this subject you have to admit that no matter what side of the fence you are on, there are some very convenient outcomes to 9/11 that profits the government and subjugates the population at the same time.

Take what it that you will but you must understand that this event birthed the Patriot Act robbing us all of our basic freedoms that have been afforded us since the inception of our country. This was done on the basis of fear, manipulation and falsehoods and the law passed without the public blinking an eye in the wake of public outrage for revenge on the attacks on our country.

Since that time, The United States has become a police state, we have policeman taking down 9 year old girls with tazors, assaulting people in wheelchairs, macing students in peaceable protests, becoming livid and forceful when a video camera is in sight and arresting and incarcerating without probably cause with impunity, leaving the citizen to pay thousands of dollars to pay for a defense for a non crime and when they are found innocent, there is no punishment to the officer in question.

What exactly have we become here, in this country? I remember watching Pearl Harbor with my wife years ago and I remember crying because I applauded heroes and those that risked there life to protect freedom and liberty and it was beautiful. What are we now? You have to ask yourself this question as it pertains to our morals and our basic outline of what this country should be.

We were never meant to create or start pre-emptive wars, we were only meant to protect our borders and those that are in VERY close alignment with our country as it pertains to National Security. We are not even world policing right now, we are actively plotting and executing invasion and take overs of countries. What in the hell are we doing?

The courts in this country, the laws, the fines, the persecution have become normal. Water your grass on this day, wear you seat belt, Don't have a couple chickens in the back yard in a coup, Don't collect rain water, register your guns with fifteen different departments before you buy it, if you will even be able to own one in a couple years. The writing is on the wall and what it says is that freedom is no longer the basis of our nation or society that we live in.

Some of you will disagree and say that we are the pinnacle of creation and if I don't like it go live somewhere else. To that, I would say, I thumb my nose at you sir, you and your comrades. We have adopted a policy of totalitarianism in our foreign and domestic ventures and it is pushing forward at a very fast rate. We no longer live by the document our country was founded on, we now live by corporate charity and there goons who control congress with there donations, endorsements and back alley deals.

What a shame that we have become this, I often think how the average Roman citizen felt when they witnessed the collapse of there empire, everything they thought they were, everything they thought they could be, I think about this and I can't help but think that they probably felt the same way I do, right now.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Nice thread.

Great post and I couldn't agree more. You wrote it better than I ever could. We are in a world of crap and it still amazes me how many people go day to day without realizing this fact.

Welcome to 1984. Put your seats in an upright position. It's going to be more than a bumpy ride. The time is nigh for us to make a decision about where we are headed.
edit on 7/6/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Join Occupy and stop America! Even I have a vrtual occupy space

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
The Romans themselves didn't really witness the fall of their empire, or were even aware it was happening. The fall happened over the course of a few lifetimes, so those around in the very last days would have known Rome as just a decadent state engaged in the odd skirmish, rather than the empire their forefathers lived in.

But I guess you're right to include that in your post. It seems America's time as a superpower is coming to an end, and the authoritarianism is just a symptom of that.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Most excellent words Helious! The outlandish has become the "norm" in this day and age. If only more people were aware...

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
Nice thread.

Great post and I couldn't agree more. We are in a world of crap and it still amazes me how many people go day to day without realizing this fact.

Welcome to 1984. Put your seats in an upright position. It's going to be more than a bumpy ride.

The government of this country has brainwashed the population through mass media to believe that we need to commit mass murder via drone strikes and invasions on third world countries. How this could ever happen here, given our brief history and our independence from a prohibitive and toxic government is astounding to me. I am shocked every day by the actions taken by our government and I feel that every move is in the opposite direction of what America was founded on and what we should be.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Very well put together thread, not much more I can add, except that we brought this on ourselves.
Not from anything we did, rather what we did not do. Our inaction has allowed this to happen, we were to busy going into debt to one-up the neighbors new SUV, swimming pool or sculpted lawn

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well said, now what are you doing to facilitate positive change? What can I do?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I agree with most everything you have said here. The only thing that I disagree with is that it stated with 9/11. I think that these very same things have been happening for a long time prior to 9/11. We are now learning that the Viet Nam War was based on a false flag event. (The Gulf of Tonkin incident). What I think differs now is that we have the Internet, and it is much more difficult to hide all the bull crap that has been shoved in our face over the years. A lot of people are waking up. The lies are becoming more difficult to hide. Even with all the available information that the Internet has provided to us there is still lots of people that are more interested in "Keeping Up With the Kardashians".

Great Thread!

edit on 7/6/2012 by VeniVidi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Why do you think they came up with 2012???

Get people focused on the end of world as they set-up their police state - no mystery.

Nice thread!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Well, according to Mayan theory, there's a race of eight horses and right now the dark horse is winning the race. Whenever the nations of the bear, weasel, and dragon join together (Russia, middle east, China) they will attack the land of the eagle (US) and pluck all of the feathers from its being while issuing its destruction.

Not that I take that realistically, but it's not beyond the realm of belief the way things are going. I could realistically believe the east joining together to eliminate us from the globe at this point. We've been nothing but a corrupt people and so are getting the commupance that our leaders have earned for us. We're in big big trouble.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I find it interesting and ironic that Ben Franklin opposed the bald eagle as the symbol for our country for the following reasons and yet it seems rather appropriate for our government today.

Franklin's Letter to His Daughter (excerpt)

"For my own part I wish the Bald Eagle had not been chosen the Representative of our Country. He is a Bird of bad moral Character. He does not get his Living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk; and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him and takes it from him.

"With all this Injustice, he is never in good Case but like those among Men who live by Sharping & Robbing he is generally poor and often very lousy. Besides he is a rank Coward:

www.greatseal.com/symbols/turkey.html

edit on 6-7-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VeniVidi

No need to "disagree" these things have been happening for along time. You see, our forefathers envisioned quite accurately what would become of America should we stray from the constitution, they saw it clearly because they had just bet there lives and those of there families on fighting to be free from the "same kind" of oppression.

The problem really just lies with human nature. Those that have very, very large sums of money and knowledge have the heads up to manipulate those without. This sadly is the way of the world and the average working stiff just tries to make it through the day and put food on the table and not have his wife pissed at him when he goes to sleep.

Don't believe me? I dare you to watch this and then get back to me.

extra DIV

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I really feel for you guys and the general joe is more in my thoughts than the fat cats who are controlling the strings.

America is still a great country because of it's people and the adversities they deal with whether outside or inside.
That's the problem really, distinguishing the two, because there is both working against the general population imo.

When so much is shoved in front of your face it's hard to decide who's doing what, and I think they count on that too.

I would love to see them bring it all home (all your boys and girls) and take stock now or at least soon,
not continue blindly waiting to hit that wall. I also don't want them to go quietly into the night either.

Do as much as you can where you are every opportunity, it is by no means the beginning of the end.

What used to give me chills of inspiration was how strong and proud you always were, stand and defend, fighting for what you believe in. It's equally as powerful as the Middle East trying to exist their way when the rest of the world tells them it's wrong, but who are we to demand they run it a certain way.

There does not need to be mass extermination to get the point across for change, haven't those lessons been learnt already?

There are better ways and it's always darkest before dawn.
x

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

The United States of America will always be a great place and will overcome the adversity that we now face because at it's heart are people that still to this day live, eat and breathe the Constitution and the idea that freedom and liberty are the right to those that live here.

Corrupt regimes have been overturned in much less dynamic countries and I think that the revolution we all seek will come soon because people will demand it. No violence needed, the will of the people rule all and at the end of the day, if talking doesn't work...........

I think we all remember what we were taught about 1776, just saying.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by AussieAmandaC
I really feel for you guys and the general joe is more in my thoughts than the fat cats who are controlling the strings.

America is still a great country because of it's people and the adversities they deal with whether outside or inside.
That's the problem really, distinguishing the two, because there is both working against the general population imo.

When so much is shoved in front of your face it's hard to decide who's doing what, and I think they count on that too.

I would love to see them bring it all home (all your boys and girls) and take stock now or at least soon,
not continue blindly waiting to hit that wall. I also don't want them to go quietly into the night either.

Do as much as you can where you are every opportunity, it is by no means the beginning of the end.

What used to give me chills of inspiration was how strong and proud you always were, stand and defend, fighting for what you believe in. It's equally as powerful as the Middle East trying to exist their way when the rest of the world tells them it's wrong, but who are we to demand they run it a certain way.

There does not need to be mass extermination to get the point across for change, haven't those lessons been learnt already?

There are better ways and it's always darkest before dawn.
x

Being American, and not too keen on what's happening with our government nowadays, I have to say that your words here almost brought tears to my eyes. I will fight for what I believe in till the end of my days!

Thank you!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

In honesty I would love to know exactly how occupy is looking after our Constitutional values. It is not a slight, I just wan't to understand how there fight has anything to do with personal liberty.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
we brought this on ourselves. Not from anything we did, rather what we did not do.

Someone had a prophetic dream about this...

This is a quote from Chief Geronimo who spoke to the person having the dream:

"Don’t shake, America. This is only what You have brought upon yourself.”~ Chief Geronimo

An Open Letter to America

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
All this said, I am supposed to apply for a passport so I can go with my family to Mexico on vacation. I doubt I would be able to get one as I'm sure I'm on some bogus list like Old Corp. Then again, even if I wasn't I wouldn't submit myself to the unconstitutional actions of the TSA regarding unwarranted search and groping.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join