It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced yoga book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
For anyone into yoga i found a very good and surprisingly advanced book and fortunately even starts from the first baby steps. it'll literally take years maybe decades to master everything in this book. It does put an emphasis on bhakti which is becoming rare these days but oh well. finding this book is like a godsend for me because i was having a hard time just trying to connect the 3rd eye pulses (which in the book is refered to as sambhavi) and the energy coming from the root locks. but in addition tothat i found more information than i can handle at the moment. if anyone wants to check it out it's called Advanced Yoga Practices - Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living by Yogani

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the recommendation

Once i work my way through my reading pile il take a gander.

Could you possibly give a quick overview of a few chapters? Not a syonpsis of each chapter as that would take ages, but maybe chapter titles?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
the author builds the spiritual practice up. it starts with simple things but as the book progresses things get very advanced. And it's quite a lengthy book. I think ~600 pages. Most chapters are extra practises to incorporate into the daily sadhana, but there are a few chapters that it's more of a Q/A format

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I will tell you what....Yoga can really help a person with Arthritis and Joint Issues as long as a person goes SLOW! I am a Highly Trained "CIVILIAN" who still does...JOB's on occasion and I am the Oldest on on the Team of 20 Something's. I have to keep in perfect shape and I work out to obtain and retain musculature and Extreme Strength but I am getting Older and I cannot kid myself any longer...I must Train a Replacement.

Now keeping up with these MUCH YOUNGER Team Mates is KILLING ME! They fly with ease over Terrain and I am huffing and puffing but I keep up and if I could not I would call it quits but a few years back...the problem was worse and my MOM...who is also..."CIVILIAN" and my DAD...Military...told me...both of them to try YOGA.

At first I was skeptical but I am a practitioner of Multiple Forms of Martial Arts and although I am not of the CHI School but rather the F=MA or Force= Mass Times Acceleration School...I had doubts about YOGA....not anymore. The stretching alone is fine tuned to relieve stress and pain in areas that other forms of work outs do not have the ability to be so specific to many physical actions I perform that the average person never uses that particular set of Muscle Groups...so I swear by it. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
about a dozen or so asanas are covered in the book but for the most part it really stays around drawing energy upwards using pranayama and meditation to purify the nervous system. some tantric practises are covered. the mystical dimensions are talked about here and there but no practises to develop any siddhis or anything like that lol.

the stretches and stuff are asanas. thats yoga of the body. the book does touch on that but if you know anything about yoga you know that the stretches are just the tip of a gigantic iceberg
edit on 6-7-2012 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
heres the link to download the book free on demonoid and isohunt

www.demonoid.me...

isohunt.com...
edit on 7-7-2012 by lucid365 because: adding new link

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
anyone who does not know how to download the book pm me and ill email you the book,thanks

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Just a little parenthesis: if you're seeking for another good book on Yoga that goes Far beyond hatha, I'd suggest you to read Sri Aurobindo's Synthesis of Yoga (here). It's an absolute must read.

top topics

join