It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paranormal Experiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Earlier today I got to thinking about some paranormal experiences that I have had. I really don't know exactly why; but I have had quite a few.

I am asking my fellow members at ATS to please keep an open mind. These unusual circumstances did happen to me. I ask you to please be respectful; I do welcome your input.

Also...I do not drink alcohol or take drugs. I am a very clear-headed thinker... usually...lol.

One experience I had was in 2004. I live in a 4 story u-shaped apartment building. It has 110 apartments. It is a Seattle historical landmark and was built around the turn of the century. We have a beautiful courtyard too and it is rather spacious. One evening around 10pm just after the courtyard was closed for the day (my windows face the courtyard) I was looking out my living room window and with my side vision I thought I saw a half-man; half animal in the courtyard. I really didn't know exactly what to think. So I went out to the lobby of my building and sat on the couch. To the right of the lobby are some stairs that go down to the basement; where we have a community room and some offices. I was sitting on the couch thinking about the creature I had just seen in the courtyard...I looked over at the stairs and there appeared before me too huge dark brown hairy legs with black hoofs attached and all that was shown was from about mid-thigh down. After seeing that I went back into my apartment. A few nights later after the courtyard had closed again; I had all my lights out and a chair by the window...and just for a few seconds I saw 2 creatures...half-human on the top and half-animal on the bottom.

Another experience I had in 2004 was this. In my building we have volunteer fire marshals who patrol all the floors and the outside of the building. I am one of those fire marshals. One morning at around 4:00am I went outside to check the building...and it was so beautiful out...still dark (of course) and the sky very clear; the stars so beautiful. The building I live in is in the middle of a hill...I was standing at the top of the hill on the sidewalk next to a corner entrance to the building. As I was looking up....a huge UFO appeared and hovered above the apartment building. I stood very still and did not move. A huge white beam of light shot out from the UFO and in the middle of the beam was a creature...he had the body of a human man...but the face was more ape like in features only with light skin and reddish brown hair. He had earth tone clothes on. He was suspended in the middle of this beam and the beam moved from side to side...as if he was surveying the area. The next thing I remember is I woke up...it was light out...and I had 36 hours of missing time.

So....be brave...tell me some of your paranormal experiences.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well, I do not claim that all are paranormal some may have been nothing but imagination, but that's where the adventure and mystery comes into play with this kind of stuff, yeah?

One I remember is being a small child and it was nighttime in my bedroom. I felt that something wasn't quite right, that something was THERE and when I turned around, I saw this really terrifying thing standing there and all I could think to do was to hide under my covers from it. I remember before that in my head I heard something like "Want to play a game?" and something about something appearing to me. For all I know it hasn't happened again.

Another time when I was a good bit older, I was having a terrible nightmare and when I woke up I was quite shaken still tucked under the covers hiding. I decided to come out from under the covers, and I see a face staring at me with a smirk from around the corner at my doorway and then it disappeared like it was running back. I was terrified but decided to pursue it, but whenever I got out the door and looked down the hall, there was nothing there. (These two I can account to probably imagination and still being near sleep)

A more recent time was whenever I was at a friend's house. It is apparently haunted and so we were going around taking photos and got many orb photos (not dust, I know about this stuff and looked closely ) and that night her cat was freaking out yowling at nothing and jumping at walls like there was something there to attack.

Later on maybe a few months later, I was over again (we live far apart) for a weekend and it was the middle of the night. We were watching the Exorcist in the middle of the night in a dark den (like morons. XD ) when she dives off of the couch and starts pointing at the wall near the window. I asked her what was up and she said that she saw a shadow walk from one corner of the room to the other and then disappear. After that, I was quite ready for her to get back to the couch beside me instead of leaving me there alone! Lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

Thanks for sharing. I like the experience you had where saw the orbs of light....I have seen them too.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Well, unfortunately I didn't see anything until photographs were taken and I saw them there. I'd normally dismiss them as dust, but the cat was freaking out and everything more than usual. The cat already hates me and tries to make me fall down their stairs, but it wasn't attacking me for once, it was attacking walls.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Caladonea,

What terrifying experiences those would have been for most people. It's fairly obvious what the personification of half human/half animal would represent to many people but whereas I do believe in the existence of pure evil. I don't believe in the devil or demons per se. Just like a believe that a collective consciousness exists. I have to consider that a collective evil can exist as well. With that said. I don't believe that's what you tuned into especially since it occurred in the same vacinity. I have had many experiences with what some would consider spirits. I believe that all matter that every existed has left some type of energy implant which is nothing more than residual energy which can be manevolent (or active energy) or passive ( a loop created by energy of a past experienc

The human part of your apparition could easily hsve been any past human whose energy was still lingering in the building and an animal could have occupied the space at a different time. Do you know any history of the location to see if it was either a slaughtrr house or a farm? Non-transpatent energy can get jumbled under the right circumstances and abilities.

As for the UFO, I personally think thar many but not all are in reality government created craft. I would assume that many governments know of residual energy and have tried (perhaps suceedededed in harnessing it
). Just think.of the power they would have over the masses with this type of scare tactic.

I do believe you saw what you profess but I don't think it was the manifestation of a demon or devil but a combination of two being which might have occupied the same space at different times.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Did it look like the picture in this link?

en.wikipedia.org...

That is weird!

I believe you. I have had paranormal experiences all my life... of just about everything imaginable!
Too many to go into here, but if you'd like to read some of them they are in my thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
In the islamic religion they believe that Jinn, (also known as Djinn, genies, etc) are an everyday part of life. They have the body and top half of man, but their legs and feet are that of goats. There are stories of these creatures that live in alternate dimensions. They live among us and eat from our food and drink from our water, though we notice no difference. While visiting Yemen, I remember laying down, about to go to sleep, when I saw shadows dancing around the ceiling. They were humanoid in shape and I freaked out. I ran downstairs to my cousin's separate "living quarter" in our house in a panic and told him about it. I didn't know what to think. He calmly said, in arabic, "those are just Jinn, don't worry, they won't bother you." He then proceeded to tell me about them and told me that the reason they say "B'ism allah" (In the name of god) before going to the bathroom at night, leaving the house, eating, etc.. is to make sure they stay away while they're eating/walking in the dark/etc. My grandmother's sister, until she died, was blind from around the age of 20. The story they say is that she was going to the bathroom one night and did not say "B'ism allah" and that one of these Jinn smacked her on the back of the head very hard and took her sight.

Obviously, you don't have to believe the entire Qur'an to believe parts of it. I have no religion, but I know what I saw that night and from the massive accounts of these "half man/half goat" beings that people talk about, that go unnoted in the western world, it's hard to believe that every one of these people were delusional.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, this link to a topic posted today shows more of my paranormal experience.
edit on 7-7-2012 by anonymoz because: Added link

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I have never had an experience that I can rationally conclude to be paranormal; but I believe very much in spiritual warfare. After some research, I attributed the most terrifying experience of my life to temporary sleep paralysis, which, ironically, was considered a symptom of witchcraft until modern medicine came about.

It was fall break and I chose to stay at University for the week instead of returning home. I had to complete a term paper for a course that I was barely passing. I was alone in my dorm and I had been working on the paper for the better of 6 hours. I noticed that my writing was becoming sloppy and realized that I was fatigued. I decided to move from my desk to the couch and lay down.

It took no time at all to fall asleep. Then I had the most vivid dream of my life: I was in a room with a friend of mine, a woman that I was not attracted to, but always considered a kind of innocent motherly type. She's plain but not ugly, has stringy straight blonde hair, pale smooth complexion and slightly chubby - average height. Her blue eyes are staring right in my face as we stand about three feet apart. She has a blue wool sweater on and a knee-length white skirt. Sandals. The walls are beige/yellow, white trim at the top and bottom. A Victorian chandeleir hangs in the middle of the room which, if you could view the room from above, is in an L-shape...the larger rectangle comprising the top of the L. The floor is light colored polished wood, ceiling painted white. There are two windows in the larger part of the room on one wall...sunlight coming through appears to indicate a sunset. Windows have white trim.

She begins talking to me while remaining expressionless but the entire room is silent. I hear nothing. As I watch her mouth form vowels on the expressionless face I begin feeling extremely uncomfortable; not having any idea why we are here and why sound has escaped my ears. I see movement over her left shoulder as a "bubble" appears on the beige wall, as if 1 square foot of the sheet rock bowed out in a nearly perfect half-sphere. It moves behind the girl's expressionless face as she continues to blab about something incomprehensible to me, over her right shoulder the "ball" traces slowly towards a corner, maintaining vertical position at about 7 feet (high ceilings). To my surprise the "ball" moves around the inside of the corner and when it does she turns completely towards it, points, and turns back around with her arm still in the air - mouth wide open - deafening scream.

I open my eyes. My dorm room ceiling. In the lamplight I see a shadow flit across the ceiling. My ears are ringing...wtf? Time to sit up...can't. Panic. Try to say something...can't. I feel like something is sitting at the foot of the couch by my legs but I can't move my head to see it. Crank my eyeballs towards my feet...no view...too far down in the socket. Try to speak again or get up...sound comes out like roadkill and my whole body begins to feel like a pin cushion. It itensifies for 5 seconds as I feel blood returning to my arms...I start sitting up but I feel like the body of a 70 year old. Okay good I don't see anyone. Pincushions again. I'm sitting up...rubbing my face...wtf? Wait...shadows...I saw a shadow- "Hello?!" No answer from the other room. I grab a glass bottle and go through the open door to the small adjoing bedroom. Tear open the closet and bathroom...nobody. Headache.

I went back to the computer and listed my symptoms in a google search. Temporary sleep paralysis came back. At least I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by insideanalyst
I have never had an experience that I can rationally conclude to be paranormal; but I believe very much in spiritual warfare. After some research, I attributed the most terrifying experience of my life to temporary sleep paralysis, which, ironically, was considered a symptom of witchcraft until modern medicine came about.

Sleep paralysis is the beginning stages of having an OBE (Out of Body Experience), according to those who have them. All the things you described go along with what they describe, except some see different things.... all terrifying, whatever they see. They say if you can just relax, and let go of the fear, you will have an OBE.
Might want to try it next time.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by anonymoz
In the islamic religion they believe that Jinn, (also known as Djinn, genies, etc) are an everyday part of life. They have the body and top half of man, but their legs and feet are that of goats.

What you're talking about here is in the link I posted above yours.
Great minds think alike, huh?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
This is a copy/paste from another thread that's been dead for a while.

I've got two stories of experiences...one is much less likely to be paranormal in nature but I still can't explain it.

When my sister and I were young (she is 10 years older than I), we both had the same experiences with what I believe was some kind of demonic force. After she was born, several times she was found in her crib by my mother and appeared to be being strangled by an unseen force, arms and legs pinned to the bed and she was not able to breathe. Then throughout her early childhood life, she told me she regularly saw a dark shadow in her room, either in the closet or even at the foot/side of her bed. It appeared to be roughly 6 1/2 feet tall, and had dark red eyes where the head would be. It wasn't really shaped like a human form, but wasn't distinguishable against the dark room backdrop.

When I was younger, I had the same experiences with the dark figure. I was probably 8 or 9 years old when I saw the figure. The only thing I remember was a cold, terrified feeling whenever it was present. It seemed like it was glaring, almost. It was definitely malicious, as if the entire presence was full of spite and hatred. Needless to say, I didn't tell anyone about it until I was around 17 or 18, when I told my sister about it. Then she shared that she felt the same presence when she was that age. My parents backed her story up, because she used to scream for them and sob for hours in the middle of the night.

I haven't seen anything like it since then, all I know is it was vastly different from any sort of sleep paralysis or night terrors I've had, even the ones I had when I was that age. I remember being awake throughout it.

On my second story, it was much shorter, but it happened when I was 16 or so, we just moved into a new house we built on farm property, and weird things happened we couldn't explain. For the first month or so we moved into the house, the old farm house next door had a light upstairs that would turn on in the middle of the night. We could see it beyond the security light we had installed by the old garage. It was weird, because no one had lived in the house in 20 years, after my great great aunt died. When my dad and I went to investigate, there was no one around. This happened for quite some time, almost every night, until we eventually turned off the power to the house. It was fairly creepy.

Also, during the middle of the night one night, my parents and I woke to what sounded like someone stood in the loft area and dropped a trash bag full of glassware down to our first floor...it was unbelievably loud, but we never found the cause. Current theories are the log beams settling, but it sounded like glass to me.

Hope you enjoyed.

- H

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

I find your theories on what I saw very interesting...another aspect to ponder.

I still am not sure from what parallel existence I saw what I saw...all I do know for sure is...I really did see it.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Yes....the life form I saw was very similar to the picture you provided.

To me it is comforting to know that I am not the only one that has had quite a few paranormal experiences.

Thanks for the links!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by anonymoz

I have never heard of (Jinn) before. I am going to read about more about Jinn.

I am just wondering if that is what I saw.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by insideanalyst

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I believe in spiritual warfare too. I believe that really we are all in a spiritual warfare...to me the bottom line in life is...where are each of us going to spend eternity?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Holodomor

I enjoyed your stories. You know the old saying "truth is stranger than fiction" I believe for many in life this is certainly true. After all....where do they get some of those ideas for fiction...from real life of course!

edit on 7-7-2012 by caladonea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I started keeping a blog about my experiences because I've had so many over the years. Over the years I tried to "find myself" and explored a variety of things including Wicca, Witchcraft, Shamanism, ghost hunting, etc etc. I've had a lot of my own experiences to know that - there is something greater than the physical world we see and live in!

Too many experiences to share here so if you're ever bored, visit my blog which is listed on my profile and read the entries called "Dream Journal" or "Paranormal"....lots to read about. As a Shaman, most of my knowledge or intuition comes to me in my dreams.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
So....be brave...tell me some of your paranormal experiences.

1) Had a horrific NDE of returning back to my homeland, Tartarus, whilst on morphene.
2) Astral travelled to Hades and watched a sinner fade into dust in under 50 seconds.
3) Seen the flaming pits of sheol where all that is heard is the wind and fire as no one has any lungs left to scream through.

4) Finally I have seen the near future where aliens will terraform this world into a new world paradise filled with lush green fields, clean fresh air and blue skies.
People will be able to shapeshift into creatures through DNA manipulation where this world will once again return to the days of Atlantis with centaurs, minators, pegasus's and medusa's etc.

For athiests and pagans the new age will be paradise.

For christians, the world will be a dry, dusty, desolate wasteland where the sky and ocean is black. The land will be lit by the ley lines that are blue in the air, red zig zags on the ground and the nodes (standing stones) are vertical yellow lines connecting the horizontal red and blue navigation lines.

The future is going to be quite amazing, when the aliens do eventually get off their fat green backsides and force disclosure.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I've had a few through the course of my life, and most recently endured 8 months of paranormal experiences relating to a haunted house my friend and her roommates were living in(it got pretty bad at one point and one of her roommates and I conducted a ghost hunt in that house for two nights, with an encounter).

But, my first encounter still remains the best one:

1) I was probably around 12, and my parents had given me the master bedroom in the condo we were renting(lucky me
). It was a new condo, and we had been living there for about 4 years, and were the first tenants in that suite. The room had its own washroom. Anyways, I awoke in the middle of the night having to go to the bathroom pretty badly. I scrambled in there and almost tripped over my dog who I failed to see sitting in the middle of the room. When I emerged from the washroom, I lay down in bed and noticed that my dog was growling. I looked and saw he was looking in my direction, but up. I looked up and saw a man floating above me.

At first I thought intruder, then I realized not only could I see through him and see my ceiling fan, but that he was literally floating 3 feet above the bed. His eyes were pure black, and it was a full body apparition, head to toe. He appeared to be in his late 60s/70s. My dog continued to growl, and at this point my cat had entered the room and was also staring at it and growling. I hid under the covers freaked out. I waited a few seconds and decided to peek out from the side of the blanket. When I did, I was met the face of the ghost moving closer to the part of the blanket where I was peeking out from. I freaked out and bolted out of bed and turned on the lights. No one was there. My dog and cat both stopped growling and went about there business as if nothing had happened. I never saw or experienced the apparition again. That face still freaks me out to this day.

2) When I was 15, we moved to an apartment building that was much older. In here, I experienced the sensation of always being watched in the hallway at night, even with all the lights on. It was never a threatening feeling, just a constant feeling that someone is watching you everytime you leave your room and go to another room. This lasted the entire time we were there until just 4 years ago when we moved again, and guess what? No wierd feelings or anything in this apartment at all. I can walk the entire apartment in the dark and not feel anything wierd or feel like someones watching.

3) While at the previous apartment, I did have a wierd encounter. My friend lived two floors above, and always claimed at night you could hear someone walking in his apartment. One night, I decided to take him up on staying the night to see if it was true. Indeed, we both heard the distinct sound of jeans rubbing as someone was walking back and forth between the living room and the washroom down the hall. When we checked, no one was in the apartment, and his parents bedroom door was locked, ruling out the possibility of one of them walking. Everytime we went to bed, we'd hear the same sound of someone in jeans walking. Freaky.

I've heard other tales from close friends, one of which was freakier than any experience I've had(I'm considering posting it, but I want to be sure the person is ok with that). Also, I had that recent 8 month experience, but I'm waiting to post a full thread detailing the investigation and all events that occurred...

top topics

join