It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today's X1 flare - CME or Laser Beam???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I thought solar flares were supposed to be these swirling chaotic masses of energy?

This looks like some kind of well-ordered laser beam, not to mention the Jupitier sized X.

Also, if you look closely you can still see the outline of the huge triangle.

Is this what a solar flare is supposed to look like?

Are they going to spell something next? Like "Hi"?

Here is the video link that shows the whole sequence:

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

Squint at a light globe in operation. Same effect.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about. Pictures of bright objects do that often. sometimes our eyes do that with carlights when driving also. I don't have a clue why it happens but it does. It's never seemed to bother us before.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
That looks a lot like a cosmic ray hitting the image sensor....hmm. wtf is with the triangle though?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

I'm more freaked out by the 'face' in this pic.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

Its funny but I didn't notice the face or faces until you mentioned it.
I had the first picture magnified X200%, and I was instantly reminded of this.
Gates of Hell by Auguste Rodin

Love and harmony
wahetva

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Nothing to worry about. Pictures of bright objects do that often. sometimes our eyes do that with carlights when driving also. I don't have a clue why it happens but it does. It's never seemed to bother us before.

I've seen many CME's and none have looked like this. If you look at the video you will see a distinctive pulsing as well as that large X that remains - I don't think this is any kind of light reflecting artifact or whatever.

I'm not worried about it at all, because if there is some higher intelligence doing things with our Sun, they are obviously way beyond us technologically, and a) if they want to exploit our resources there is nothing we can do about it; or b) will just ignore and/or observe us; or c) help us in some way.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Browse through google images...

x class solar flare

Plenty of examples of bright flares creating a star burst effect.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Browse through google images...

x class solar flare

Plenty of examples of bright flares creating a star burst effect.

For once I have to somewhat agree with you CW, the one from 2011-09-06 does have the same the same distincitve "X" pattern, but still that does not look like a natural phenomenon - or a natural CME. Are you telling me they call them X-class flares because they have the exact shape of an "X"?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Are you telling me they call them X-class flares because they have the exact shape of an "X"?

No, this isn't what I'm saying. I just chose to search for x flares because firstly they're bright and secondly because they are comparable to the x flare in the OP.

It is simply a camera artifact...

www.cameratechnica.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Are you telling me they call them X-class flares because they have the exact shape of an "X"?

The biggest flares are known as "X-class flares" based on a classification system that divides solar flares according to their strength. The smallest ones are A-class (near background levels), followed by B, C, M and X. Similar to the Richter scale for earthquakes, each letter represents a 10-fold increase in energy output. So an X is 10 times an M and 100 times a C. Within each letter class there is a finer scale from 1 to 9.

Source

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

The biggest flares are known as "X-class flares" based on a classification system that divides solar flares according to their strength. The smallest ones are A-class (near background levels), followed by B, C, M and X. Similar to the Richter scale for earthquakes, each letter represents a 10-fold increase in energy output. So an X is 10 times an M and 100 times a C. Within each letter class there is a finer scale from 1 to 9.

Source

That's what I thought, I was attempting sarcasm, which obviously failed.

So it's just a coincidence some X-class flares appear on the Sun as a Jupiter sized "X" ?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Just what was the laser beam pointing at?
Did it hit it's target?
Was the beam being shot at the sun perhaps?

I'm sorry but this seems funny to me.
A laser beam shooting out of the sun?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys

Just what was the laser beam pointing at?
Did it hit it's target?
Was the beam being shot at the sun perhaps?

I'm sorry but this seems funny to me.
A laser beam shooting out of the sun?

Hey..........if I had all the answers..............I'd have my own conspiracy website.

If you watch the video I have linked, you can see that the light shoots out in a straight line with uniform thickness........kind of the same as a laser beam. Does it look like the usual random CME to you? How can a CME form a perfect "X"?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

How can a CME form a perfect "X"?

You didn't read a word at the link Chad gave you, did you?

www.cameratechnica.com...

Looking through the sunshade on the front porch, the Moon appears to have 6 spikes like the 6 sided aperture image at the site linked above. I move beside the screen and the spikes disappear, they're not "real".

A while back, looking at Jupiter at night I could see spikes of light around it. After a few nights wondering what I was seeing I tilted my head and leaned to the side and those spikes rotated with my eyes. They weren't really "out there", but only "in my eyes". Not everything is exactly as it appears, especially when dealing with cameras.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

If you watch the video I have linked, you can see that the light shoots out in a straight line with uniform thickness........kind of the same as a laser beam. Does it look like the usual random CME to you? How can a CME form a perfect "X"?

No it doesn't...it is a camera artefact.....Take a photograph of the sun from Earth using any sort of camera and you will see similar results.

You sooo want to believe don't you?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Firstly I personally would never pick and choose what is usual or unusual about the sun's activities.

Secondly the CME most-likely did not form a perfect X. I'm pretty sure what is seen is a
light refraction, as lenses tend to do that. Eyes have light refractions.
The ability of a lens to focus relies on the light changing speed when it crosses the boundary between two substances.

A lense reflection? Highly possible.

What Argyll just said

edit on 7-7-2012 by azureskys because: added more

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

So, if everything about this "flare" is normal, why is the Space Weather image now heavily photoshopped and changed from the original image? The new image alters the pencil thin/laser like appearance of the original image. What are they trying to hide? Anyone who believes what NASA is feeding them is truly gullible.

Here is the original image:

Here is the "new" image on space weather (from the video):

If you can't spot the difference I cannot help you, and will leave you to your soon to be determined fate/karma.
edit on 7-7-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addendum

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

What are they trying to hide?

Everything, I guess. That's why all this is available. To hide it. That's reasonable, sure. I can't deal with this # anymore tonight. If someone else can deal with you then great. If not , I'll try tomorrow, NASA and nibiru willing.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

What are they trying to hide?

Everything, I guess. That's why all this is available. To hide it. That's reasonable, sure. I can't deal with this # anymore tonight. If someone else can deal with you then great. If not , I'll try tomorrow, NASA and nibiru willing.

Why did they change the pictures? Isn't this supposed to be science? It's not some glamour shot on Facebook......

Everything is so available.............so that's why it took NASA thirty years to tell us they had found water on Mars and scientist are just realizing now NASA messed up the results of the original experiments that showed no microbial life exists on Mars when in fact it does? That open and transparent NASA?

It was never part of NASA's madate to be "open", and the info is certainly not "all available":

But contrary to common public and media perception that NASA is an open, strictly civilian scientific institution, is the legal fact that the Space Agency was quietly founded as a direct adjunct to the Department of Defense, tasked with specifically assisting the national security of the United States

“Sec. 205... (d) No [NASA] information which has been classified for reasons of national security shall be included in any report made under this section [of the Act]...”

This ritual Egyptian symbolism, secretly practiced by NASA throughout these past five decades, publicly shows up only in its repeating, blatant choices of simple mission patch designs.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

How about FACTS like this:

NASA's approach to serving the public he finds novel in the extreme reimage Cydonia as part of a complete planetary mapping exercise at nearly five times less resolution than the original Viking imagery that first revealed the Face!

Hoagland went on to detail the data path of the imagery from Mars to Earth, covering digital image processing and how the images were treated to extract information from them. To support charges of a cover-up, he produced extensive evidence of image tampering, including digital wallpaper to hide important areas, image cloning, image splitting, image removal in one notable case leaving a pronounced gap in the Martian horizon and deliberate mis- registration of color. Readers may recall detecting a transformation in the Martian landscape after the first color images came in from the crisp orange red soil and blue sky like the American Southwest, to something less natural looking.

Here's the article:

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

I think it is safe to say the LAST thing NASA is an open and transparent agency.

edit on 8-7-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addendum

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join