It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Amendment Rights....(need to be CELEBRATED)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The 2nd ammendment is not only old! Its now in popular opinion forever to be a part of our right to have a weapon of defense like buying a can of raid to fight insects invaiding our lives. Society has born a class of human species that has no reguard for life and all we respect. When I come home to my family I want to know that my government will protect us and care for the society of good people, however there is a gap of "time" that they can't be there to come to the rescue . So who will defend my 10 year old son and my wife when the insect crawls thru my window. This insect wants my blood swet and tears that I work so hard for to keep our life content and comfortable. I personally do not want to be a casualty of the absence of my police. I may not have the upper hand to an insect that crawls thru but I sure would like the chance to spray it with my insect repelant . CLICK CLICK BANG !!!

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
In cali they have a group called Calguns. excellent people, excellent sight. They are always organizing events and meets at local ranges. Heck they even have a volunteer group that goes to different ranges each month and helps clean them up.

I've been to several range meets with this group. Every time they rent out a private range for the day. About 200 people show up with their guns. Families show up. People bring new folks who have never shot a gun before. There are several BBQs and everybody brings something to contribute food wise.

The result. Everybody has a great time. Shoots all sorts of guns and leaves with a full stomach and some new friends.

I will bring this idea up with them next time I approach their forum. Any person I should direct them to as a contact if they are interested since the idea is not mine?

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

If you want to celebrate your 2nd amendment right...go join the National Gaurd and become an official member of your State's well regulated militia.

Oh wait...you just want a day when you can shoot yer guns....nevermind.

posted on Aug, 1 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

A more appropriate celebration of the 2nd amendment would be for 20 million gun owners to surround Washington D.C.
not a bad idea but wouldn't 200 million really make a point ??
considering ...

gunowners.org...
At least 17 million women own firearms in the United States. And according to the National Research Opinion Center, 44 percent of adult women either own or have access to firearms.
IF just all of the women and children showed up, we'd already be near 70 million ... add some good men and Oath Keepers amongst our ranks and 200 million doesn't seem so hard to achieve after all.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

So, if "the people" in the 2nd Amendment really means "the militia", then "the people" in the 1st Amendment must also only apply to "the militia".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join