It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curses, Blessings, Science and Spirituality-- trying to make sense of it all!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Hey guys,
Please go easy on me, as this is my first thread!

I have done a search on the site regarding curses, but I haven't really found the answers I was looking for. For starters, I'd like to get to the bottom of how to tell if you are cursed. There were some threads that discussed this, but they all turned into "are curses real?" threads. I'd like to get more specific-- For those who DO believe in them, I want to know the signs and symptoms, and at what point specifically can you rule out any scientific, physiological, or environmental factors and assume that there must be some paranormal influence going on in your life. The same could be asked in regards to ANY paranormal phenomena-- knowing if you are being haunted, possessed etc. although I would think some of these would be far more extreme (possession).

One sentiment I have seen over and over is that curses only affect those who believe in them. Which leads to my second question-- if you don't believe in curses, does that mean you can't believe in its opposite-- blessings? With my limited knowledge, it seems to me that they both share many similar traits, although one is for healing and growth while the other is for destruction. On that note, when people discuss the healing power of certain stones, frequencies, geometric patterns etc, I can't help but wonder if there are some that we must avoid as well-- everything has its equal and opposite, right? My only guess is that this knowledge has truly been buried and purposely forgotten for fear of flawed humanity attempting to exploit it and ultimately destroying the entire world.

I bring all of this up because I've personally had some strange things happen lately-- I met a strange woman last year who wanted to know a LOT of personal information about me from the beginning, including my last name, current address vs where I grew up, occupation etc. and I avoided her after that night (no sexual contact), thinking she was crazy-- not just any crazy female, but like something was seriously wrong with her. She has since left dozens of explosive voicemails on my phone over the past 8 months, complete stream of consciousness verbal diarrhea-- she almost sounded possessed over the phone, like a different person. Lately, some crappy stuff has been happening to me physiologically and in life for no apparent reason, and so I'm starting to drift towards wondering if something could have been placed on me-- but the questions remain: are there any actual signs and symptoms that are specific to curses and nothing else? And at what point is "just your average psycho rhymes-with-itch" no longer a satisfactory explanation, and it is no longer completely ridiculous to even be considering something like this?

One last personal story. When I was little and knew absolutely nothing about this stuff, my parents had hanging on a shelf in our house a triangular dish with a woman's face painted in the center. As a kid, I was terrified of this thing, and believed she was a ghost who lived in our backyard. I frequently had these absolutely insane cthulu-like dreams and thoughts as a kid, and often blamed this thing for being the cause of it. My brother and I both believed this ghost existed, and we remember one night where we actually got up in the middle of the night and saw this thing in the backyard, believing it was her. Fast forward 20 years later, I found out my mother got the dish from a seller who originally got the item in Haiti from some unknown source. I'd like to continue researching the object although I don't really know how, but it does creep me out a bit to this day. Thankfully I am no longer fearful of it, but it does give me an alternative view on the whole "if you don't believe in it, it doesn't affect you"-- without any prior knowledge of haunting, curses, etc I seemed to be pretty in tune with what was up.

Anyways, hope this wasn't too incoherent of a first post, and I hope those with experience in this kind of stuff can chime in!!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
....Aaaaand fail.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The woman you met, how did you meet her? Did you go on a date? I'm a little confused because if you were on a date then asking your last name and other general questions don't seem that out of the ordinary. How did she get your phone number?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I met her out and about at a bar and unfortunately gave her my number before I realized she was in fact crazy. Probably a lesson girls learn VERY early on, but I digress...

top topics

join