It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama pastor holding "Whites Only" conference

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LR2543

The African-American based programs you listed exist because African-Americans are underrepresented in our country.

Race is a social construct developed by a bunch of old white men and the concept of dividing people by their skin colour makes me sick!

Sad you don't see the hypocrisy of this. The idea that skin color needs to be "represented" means dividing people by their skin color, what you just said "makes you sick".

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by corvuscorrax
I swear the south is more backwards than the middle east.

I dunno... I saw a lot more racism up north than I have in the south....

But don't worry, as soon as the aliens get here and we have to gather together as humans, skin color won't be an issue at all anymore. It'll be the HUMAN race against the ALIEN race

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Thunderheart

No it really isn't weird. White people brought you Jesus. They told you he was white. Your people believed it for whatever reason.
Wow, really? my people were here millennial before white people, their stories precede the white's stories of Jesus.
Until you actually do some research and learn about other cultures you will continue to have this limited perception.
I wish you well.

I'm 1/4, but I recognize all the "races" that I'm desceded from. Are you full blooded Native American or only partial and do you have the paperwork to prove it? Otherwise, only some of your ancestors were here before others and your other ancestors are part of the group that tortured and killed that group of your ancestors.

All of us are multi-racial when it comes right down to it. It's hard to find anyone these days that aren't a mix of various groups of people even if it's a difference in European ancestory such as dutch, Irish, German...all still "white" but stil different "races" so to speak. The Irish were treated horribly as well and they still have tv shows stating "gingers have no soul", so it's not just people with increaed melanin that are discriminated against, there are many groups that are to some extent or another.
edit on 9-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: fixed the most blatant typo

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

my mistake then, apology offered, i thought you were in favor of their actions, whatever they decided.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

No, I'm not. Quit assuming. I'm acting like MUSIC is more relatable to MUSIC, and not to TV series with a sprinkle of MUSIC.

reply to post by RealSpoke

Read above.

The only other thing I could add is How much is CMT becoming like MTV? Still mostly music? Last I looked at it for any period of time was about 2 years ago? I'm aware that I could be wrong just because things change.

But otherwise, I'd prefer music to music comparisons, and acting to acting.

reply to post by HamrHeed

More expedient: How slavery happened in the first place, in the US. White were grabbed off the streets in England, and shunted onto boats and sold into indentured servitude. Blacks were stolen from their homes, and sold to the slavers, who originally sold them into indentured servitude. Everyone was eventually to be free men in America. England had years of YEARS of trying the fix the problems on their own doorsteps--severe upheaval and reform, where they were trying not to create another Napoleon (and his ilk). It is natural for a country, during times of reform, to address the problems at home. By the time they were finally addressing outside slavery, they lost the colonies. At this point, America had other problems on it's plate that scared them far more than if someone was free or a slave.

Seriolsy: most pressing need, enjoy some peace, until there's another pressing need that's forced down your throat. We had 2 wars with England before we even addressed slavery. There was no way in the world that slavery in this country was going to be addressed when it was likely to mean a civil war (which it ended up being), while England was still breathing down our necks.

reply to post by Thunderheart

Not white.

Not white.

Definitely not white.

Look up Proselytes. You can be of non-Jewish blood to become a Jew. If you do this process, even Jews who want to only marry Jews are going to intermarry with them. Hence there are White Jews, Black Jews, Arabic Jews, and some Asian Jews. You do this for nearly 2000 years (this is about how long Jerusalem has been destroyed ~ 70 B.C.), and disperse these people to the ends of the earth, and they have possibility for roughly 100 generations of Proselytes? Orly. They're white, you say?
edit on 9-7-2012 by CynicalDrivel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join