It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama pastor holding "Whites Only" conference

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Who hates on one and not the other? Ridiculous question.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

White people brought you Jesus, hence why he is described as white. Native Americans never seen Jesus physically if he existed, how would they know what color he is or what color his eyes were?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It's all wrong.

It's wrong when black people have a blacks-only group, and it's wrong when white people have a whites-only group.

Just because the congressional black caucus exists doesn't make it ok for a whites-only conference to exist. Two wrongs don't make a right.

All this crap does is serve to divide us. Would a half black person be allowed in? Would a half-white person be eligible for the congressional black caucus?

It's the 21st century. Can't we see how stupid all of this racial divisiveness is?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by drwizardphd
It's all wrong.

It's wrong when black people have a blacks-only group, and it's wrong when white people have a whites-only group.

Are you white?

And feeling suppressed just because of how you were born?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Honor93

Who hates on one and not the other? Ridiculous question.
based on your posts, i felt the need to ask.
weren't you in support of the Caucus decision to "not do their job" ?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

No, I said they should be fired if the walked out because it is extremely unprofessional.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Boy did I get some hate mail over this one! When I first read about it on yahoo news I posted a comment asking how they could be the superior race if everyone has a common ancestor "Mitochondrial Eve". I received some very nasty e mails. Guess I struck a nerve. Oh well, they'll be alright or they wont.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Native Americans never seen Jesus physically if he existed, how would they know what color he is or what color his eyes were?

Obviously they did see him, isn't it strange that ALL native Americans in North America and South America have stories of him AND they ALL describe him the same?

Do some research.

Open your mind.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

No it really isn't weird. White people brought you Jesus. They told you he was white. Your people believed it for whatever reason.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

No it really isn't weird. White people brought you Jesus. They told you he was white. Your people believed it for whatever reason.

And you are here to educate us, thank you.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Wow, really? my people were here millennial before white people, their stories precede the white's stories of Jesus.
Until you actually do some research and learn about other cultures you will continue to have this limited perception.
I wish you well.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Are you white?

And feeling suppressed just because of how you were born?

I am white, and I don't feel suppressed (oppressed?) because of it.

I think that all groups focusing on race and not allowing one race or another to join are inherently wrong.

I don't care what my ancestors did (I'm half Jewish so technically my ancestors were enslaved for a much MUCH longer time than any black Americans were). It's unhealthy for our nation to have racially biased organizations.

I don't think the "color" of the group has any bearing. Black-only, white-only, Asian-only, native American only, Jew-only; they all stink.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I don't think the "color" of the group has any bearing. Black-only, white-only, Asian-only, native American only, Jew-only; they all stink.

Until equality is reached - - - minority groups (for whatever reason) require extra support and recognition.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Until equality is reached - - - minority groups (for whatever reason) require extra support and recognition.

Life isn't fair or equal, never has been, never will be.

Choose your poison.

Eventually the oppressed become the oppressors.
edit on 063131p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I swear the south is more backwards than the middle east.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by corvuscorrax

Yea,
right.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

What an intelligent comment.

Taliban publicly execute woman for crime of being raped

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
When the Black Panthers start allowing whites in their ranks and stop flying the African flag, and the NAACP and National Negro College Fund start issuing scholarships to non-blacks then this story and thread will be valid. Until then its just a group having the same type of restrictions as other similar organizations.

Personally I think racism and anyone who is racist and supports racism is a few notches lower on the evolutionary chain than most of society. Racism and racial division is one of the most ignorant ideas in human history.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
How can anyone say what this church is doing is anything different than groups like the New Black Panthers without sounding hypocritical? I'd never be a member of a a group that segregated itself in such a way, but it is not my business if others do it. They have the freedom to choose to be a member of such a group just as I have the freedom to consider them hateful jerks.

My point is that these groups often breed hate and intolerance for anyone who is not of the same race & the members are segregating themselves by choice. IMO, that is a narrow-minded way to define your own identity and it shows lack of self awareness, but that is just how I see it. Basically, in my opinion, race is only a small part of "what" we are and it really shouldn't be part of defining "who" we are.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

What a sarcastic comment.

Taliban publicly execute woman for crime of being raped

www.abovetopsecret.com...

oh well you took the bait.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join