It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama pastor holding "Whites Only" conference

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Its funny, blacks can put Black "insert name of whatever institution here" and its ok, White people do it, and its racist. Blacks can call each other Nig___s all day long, but when whites do it, its racist. If a white man gets hired over a black man, its racist. Thing is, all the black folks here are waayyyy more racist than the whites. Even to their own race! The blacker you are, the dumber you are is what I've heard from lots of black folks here. Oh, and before anyone gets on here screaming about how I'm the majority, no, I'm not. I live in a rural part of LA that is 65 percent black. I'm the minority here. Blacks are more likely to get jobs here, because the more "minorities" a company employs the bigger tax breaks they get at the end of the year. Even though they are the majority. Too bad Lincoln got shot at the end of the civil war.
edit on 7-7-2012 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Ummm, those are European Ashkenazi jews. Do some research before making yourself look stupid.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

Ummm, those are European Ashkenazi jews. Do some research before making yourself look stupid.

en.wikipedia.org...
I trust the teachings of my ancestors more than your wikipedia my dark skinned friend.

The legends that follow are the legends of the Healer. These legends were told by the fireside of a "saintly white teacher," who performed miracles with healing and control over the winds, waters, and other natural items. All describe his eyes as gray-green like the ocean and told stories of the future. His symbol has been woven into blankets, carved on canyon walls, put on pottery and danced in dances. His name has been given to mountains and rivers.

www.wolflodge.org...
Open your mind.

edit on 7-7-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by Zaphod58
A controversial pastor in Lamar County, Alabama is holding a conference for "whites only" ending today.

If members of congress can have a race-based Congressional Black Caucus, I don't see how anyone can legitimately complain. These people have rejected a non-black applicant which is pretty much the height of racism.

Let's compare apples to apples here. Ok?

thecongressionalblackcaucus.com...

Right, because those poor white people are subject to racial profiling, voting exclusion, have a history of slavery...

I can accept black people wanting decent representation. I cannot accept religious fundamentalists excluding black people from their congregation.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

You forgot to add the "blacks only" dating service.
I seen an ad for it on TV and was like

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

CMT (Country Music Television)
reply to post by Cuervo

Really?

There are no black country music singers?
Sorry, but that's a poor example.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke

But anyways..So I think it's hilarious that these people seriously think that Jesus was white. Pretty sure he looked like your average Arab that inhabited the area at that time...

Do you have any proof Jesus wasn't white?

Just curious... because you know blond hair, light skin, and blue eyes is a trait that many Arabs have, right? Arabs are basically white people anyway, or more accurately white people are basically Arabs.

I'm not religious so I couldn't care less what color Jesus was, but just throwing the fact out there that people traditionally considered white, and Arabs are basically the same race, so it's entirely possible that Jesus was in fact "white"

Anyway,

I don't see what the big deal is about having a white-only congregation. They are a private entity and can do whatever they want. Are they racist? I'm sure they are. Probably just a bunch of inbred redneck backwards racists.

Like someone else pointed out, you have black people in our GOVERNMENT who are supporting segregation and instituting racist, anti-every-race-but-black policies. I think that's a far larger issue. Our public servants are there to do a job, and their job is to represent US, not to squibble and squabble and form a little club for blacks only and hang a "no whitey allowed" sign on the door. That's some racist stuff right there, and it's not conducive to properly carrying out their duty with honor, integrity, and honesty.

They stage a walk out to support Holder, for the sole reason that Holder is black. They protect black people, and black people only. Not because they are innocent, but because this group is racist and will support blacks regardless of whether or not they have done wrong. Holder is a criminal, and should be treated like one. But oh no! He's black! So going after him is somehow racist, and all the black congressmen will refuse to hold him accountable, and support him only because they, and him are black. That shows such a huge lack of integrity and honesty that it's disgusting.

But evidently THAT'S not a big deal. It's not important. Oh no, evidently what's more important is some stupid insignificant religious congregation or old racist farts. Racist white people are always far more serious of an issue, even if they are just a stupid church. Racist blacks in our government covering up the crime of fellow blacks doesn't seem important to most people, I wonder why. Because you know, it's not like what our government does effects us, the people, at all, does it?

Quite a shame....

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I cannot accept religious fundamentalists excluding black people from their congregation.
reply to post by detachedindividual

Well it's a good thing there are no religious fundamentalists excluding white people.

It's is wrong from both sides.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I'd say leave them be - they have a right to be.

But I wouldn't blame anyone for taking pictures of car tags or people leaving so as not to do business with them again, or if they are politicians, to bring it up that they were there.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Actually... this is the most accurate version of what he looked like:

www.popularmechanics.com...

Not black, not white, very, very Jewish, much like most Israeli's today and reflects the area in which he lived.... he was, indeed, in your own words, a "sand dweller".

I'm sorry this picture made me laugh! So how is this the most accurate description exactly? Just curious.....

Read the link, it explains it.... and it's not from a religious site of any kind so there's no bias there

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I'm sorry this picture made me laugh! So how is this the most accurate description exactly? Just curious.....

Read the link, it explains it.... and it's not from a religious site of any kind so there's no bias there

Yep - - I watch a lot of documentaries. This one was interesting.

When I was Mormon - - - it always cracked me up their "official" Jesus looked like a surfer dude.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Right, because those poor white people are subject to racial profiling, voting exclusion, have a history of slavery...

Yeah white people do have a history of being slaves as well. What's your point? How is that relevant to having a blacks only congressional group? Pulling the slavery card is played out.. really really really played out. You don't get any sympathy for something that didn't involve a single person anywhere in this entire country who is still alive. Especially when many of the blacks and whites here today came here well after slavery was abolished.

What voter exclusion are you talking about? In recent times? Are you talking about the idea that somehow showing a photo ID in order to vote is discriminating against blacks? And did you forget about the new black panther party, the group of violent racists, standing outside of polling areas and intimidating whites?

As far as racial profiling, how is that any different than just straight up being harassed by the cops? I'm white and have been hassled, threatened, etc by the police. What does it matter the race of the person being harassed?

Originally posted by detachedindividual
I can accept black people wanting decent representation. I cannot accept religious fundamentalists excluding black people from their congregation.

I can accept, and support black people having decent representation. But, unfortunately, that's not what the black congressional group is doing. They are akin to the FOP (Fraternal Order of Police) they are there to simply hold blacks up on a pedestal and support them only if, and only because they are black. The FOP supports awful police, and those black congressmen support Holder because he is black. Even though Holder is an awful criminal and should be removed from his position. But just because he is black, they support him, and muck up congress because of it.

If they were a good organized who seeks to help good black people, they should have denounced Holder, not defended him. They should have distanced themselves from him, not stood shoulder to shoulder. Because now they have shown their only goal is to support and put black people first, regardless of the worth of the person they are supporting.

There are white people, asian people, etc in these black congressmen's districts. They have shown they don't care about any other races other than their own. How would you like to live in a district where you congressman openly shows hatred and bigotry against your race?

A congressman is supposed to represent all the people in their district. They aren't supposed to only support people who share their same skin color.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

When I was Mormon - - - it always cracked me up their "official" Jesus looked like a surfer dude.

Yeah.... every culture wants him to look like them.... one of those weird things people do I guess, all part of human nature

If the rapture ever happens, there are going to be a LOT of disappointed people!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I remember there was a KKK rally in New York City in 1999. The New Yorkers attacked them by showing the message they are not welcome there especially when it's the most multiracial state in America. The KKK should stay down South and not spreading the influence up North and West Coast. They represent hatred. We don't want that even those are peaceful. As a result, the KKK don't hold rallies in New York anymore and hasn't been since. I'm from California and thank god, the KKK rallies isn't much there because many people here are angry with them.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

so, are you advocating ALL violent, racist groups be dismantled or just the white ones?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed

Originally posted by jcarpenter

If members of congress can have a race-based Congressional Black Caucus, I don't see how anyone can legitimately complain. These people have rejected a non-black applicant which is pretty much the height of racism.

Let's compare apples to apples here. Ok?

But it is not apples to apples. Did you read the history and what the group is about? The white only church is about separation and discrimination. White people (which I am white) are the reason for the need for these types of groups. You probably do not see the point and reason behind BET as well

Yes, I know history.

These black-only groups, like the white-only groups, are about separation and discrimination. If you drank the koolaid that there is somehow a difference, that's your problem. Not mine.

If blacks want to form exclusive organizations, that's ok with me. But they should not bitch if another ethic group excludes them in the same manner. It *is* apples to apples.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

yep, many of them were ... so, i'd guess you don't know much of the Irish history in this country either, eh?

I can accept black people wanting decent representation. I cannot accept religious fundamentalists excluding black people from their congregation
why ?? it happens in white churches all over the country ... black people are driven out (not excluded) ... just made to feel unwelcome and uncomfortable.
this is nothing new.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Yeah.... every culture wants him to look like them.... one of those weird things people do I guess, all part of human nature

If the rapture ever happens, there are going to be a LOT of disappointed people!!
Uh, every culture but native americans, our ancestors described him as white with grey-green eyes. That is why I believe our is the most accurate.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Uh, every culture but native americans, our ancestors described him as white with grey-green eyes. That is why I believe our is the most accurate.

You do know that Native Americans are extremely diverse - - - don't you?

They are not a "One-fit-All".

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

clothed in white would make them refer to him as "white". The Native Americans didn't look at skin color that way until the Europeans came and killed their families and made them aware of skin color. They couldn't care less about things like that.
....also, it's a "legend" passed down from generation to generation and we all know how those get changed around as they go
edit on 7-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: removed extensive quoting

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join