It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama pastor holding "Whites Only" conference

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguetechie
Wait there's no excuse for that?

I agree with you that racism is stupid..... NO MATTER WHO DOES IT

Yup, Absolutely no excuse for ANY of it!
Race shouldn't be a factor in anything at any time no matter which group is doing it!

....and you can't even IMAGINE what some folks do to CHITENS!!!

edit on 7-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by mwood

Because it is a hateful Klan rally, literally.

edit on 6-7-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Just like the nut jobs in the Black panther party these nut jobs are protected by the 1st. The funniest part these two groups have more in common then most. But there members are to stupid to figure it out.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Meh.. In Atlanta they occasionally have HUGE KKK Rallies on Black History Month LMAO!! Not only that.. but they'd advertise it on TV.. at night time... As I kid I was freaking scared. I hadn't seen one recently though.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
What most of these KKK types don't realize is that when they have a meeting...

at least 1/3 of those in attendance are undercover FBI.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

CMT for Whites only? Really? Darius Rucker, and Also.

Blacks are on CMT, and they are occasionally the focus. The reason for the "segregation" there is more that Country doesn't really include Jazz, although it has a lot of influence on the genre. And it's not like Jazz is all one race either. A lot of early Jazz musicians were Whites out of Big Band and Swing, but people focus on New Orleans, where most were definitely black. CMT more corresponds to R&B and Rap radio and tv stations, as a counterpoint, than BET.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel
reply to post by Cuervo

CMT for Whites only? Really? Darius Rucker, and Also.

Blacks are on CMT, and they are occasionally the focus. The reason for the "segregation" there is more that Country doesn't really include Jazz, although it has a lot of influence on the genre. And it's not like Jazz is all one race either. A lot of early Jazz musicians were Whites out of Big Band and Swing, but people focus on New Orleans, where most were definitely black. CMT more corresponds to R&B and Rap radio and tv stations, as a counterpoint, than BET.

You are acting like BET doesn't have any white folks on it. They do. I was saying that BET (a network focusing on black pop culture) is the same as CMT (a network focusing on white pop culture).

Neither are racist. Now if BET was instead called ABWET (anything but white entertainment television), then they would be racist. Just like Black History Month... not racist. It's not called "Anti-White Month".

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood
Whats wrong with doing that?

There's........

Black Entertainment Television
Black Miss America
Congressional Black Caucus
United Negro College fund

Lord forbid that there is something that's white's only.

The reason for those things is because blacks weren't allowed in the "normal" groups

ALL Television was "White entertainment television"
Until the 80's with vanessa williams All Miss America's were "White miss America"
Until the CBS ALL of Congress was the Congressional White Caucus
Until the UNCF, If you were black, you weren't getting any College Funding. My uncle (Born in 43') who had an IQ of 161 and a straight A student was told that he couldn't be helped by his guidence counselor and couldn't get into college. He ended up going into the Navy and became a Nuke.

Do I believe there is a need for these groups now? No, notsomuch. But in the past? Absolutely ... I guess some people forgot their history, you know segregation and all...that $#&% actually happened.

As far as having something "Whites only" or "Blacks only" to each their own... If you want to be around members of your own race even though you had no control of being part of that race and it happened by chance... more power to you!

edit on 7-7-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by LR2543

There's........

Black Miss America

The majority race in this nation is white European, which for the past several hundred years treated anyone with, God forbid, a different skin colour as second class citizens. And yet you ask what is wrong with excluding others during a allegedly Christian conference because of their skin colour?

The African-American based programs you listed exist because African-Americans are underrepresented in our country. Perhaps these things help our country not be so one sided.

Race is a social construct developed by a bunch of old white men and the concept of dividing people by their skin colour makes me sick! Sorry, I wish this country would stop with the us versus them menality, its tearing us apart.

edit on 6-7-2012 by LR2543 because: nevermind

What a racist and ignorant piece of revisionist crap that was. White people invented racism? Prove it.

This should be amusing. Racists rarely have any logic or grip on reality

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

BET has a bunch of white people on it. Any white rapper gets invited to the BET awards and gets their videos played. A lot of Latinos as well. None of the black groups you named are against white people, there is nothing racist about them. It would be like calling the boy scouts and brownies sexist and ageist organizations.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed

Originally posted by LR2543

There's........

Black Miss America

The majority race in this nation is white European, which for the past several hundred years treated anyone with, God forbid, a different skin colour as second class citizens. And yet you ask what is wrong with excluding others during a allegedly Christian conference because of their skin colour?

The African-American based programs you listed exist because African-Americans are underrepresented in our country. Perhaps these things help our country not be so one sided.

Race is a social construct developed by a bunch of old white men and the concept of dividing people by their skin colour makes me sick! Sorry, I wish this country would stop with the us versus them menality, its tearing us apart.

edit on 6-7-2012 by LR2543 because: nevermind

What a racist and ignorant piece of revisionist crap that was. White people invented racism? Prove it.

This should be amusing. Racists rarely have any logic or grip on reality

I'm not sure you read that quite well enough. Where did I say white people invented racism? Where is any of what I said revisionist? Apparently, I've hit a nerve. . . .

reply to post by CynicalDrivel

I agree, no group should segregate themselves and this divisive attitude from either side does need to stop. It is quite dangerous.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by LR2543

"Race is a social construct developed by a bunch of old white men..."

You hit a nerve because it's dangerous to be so naive and keep this ridiculous fallacy relevant.
Slavery is not a white thing no matter how many times your prof said so.
Why not go stop slavery in africa right now? Or how about western slavery? Look how much debt we have: borderline slavery

edited:Sorry I should be more clear. To make race something "made up" by whites implies that we used it as a weapon, and did it first. I just don't think thats true.
The rich have always used these political definitions and laws to enslave people, not us whites in general/
I bet long before europe was named, there was slavery flourishing in other parts of the world. I'm not denying what happened in america either, just saying only white slavery is ever mentioned.
We do not have a monopoly on slavery
edit on 7-7-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

Example:ancient egypt

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Well let 'em exercise the right to be jackasses. I'll exercise my right to call them jackasses. I'm feeling the burn.

Idiots should be free to hold all the nonsense one race is better functions they can. Not changing my opinions. Black white or spotted (and I would like a purple friend) I side with good people. The soul matters, not the skin.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by HamrHeed
reply to post by LR2543

"Race is a social construct developed by a bunch of old white men..."

You hit a nerve because it's dangerous to be so naive and keep this ridiculous fallacy relevant.
Slavery is not a white thing no matter how many times your prof said so.
Why not go stop slavery in africa right now? Or how about western slavery? Look how much debt we have: borderline slavery

edited:Sorry I should be more clear. To make race something "made up" by whites implies that we used it as a weapon, and did it first. I just don't think thats true.
The rich have always used these political definitions and laws to enslave people, not us whites in general/
I bet long before europe was named, there was slavery flourishing in other parts of the world. I'm not denying what happened in america either, just saying only white slavery is ever mentioned.
We do not have a monopoly on slavery

Example:ancient egypt

True, it does imply it that way. Though, I didn't mean for it to. I do like what you said about the wealthy using these political definitions and laws to enslave people. I completely agree with that. I was leaning more towards the racial distinctions than slavery. I guess I should have been clearer and less hyperbolic with the old white men statement.

To be slightly off topic, I did have a English professor who admitted to being a revisionist. He once told the class that white people couldn't be racist because they were the majority. If I had the guts then (I'm not very outspoken), I would have told him how idiotic he sounded. He should have just kept to the subject.
edit on 7-7-2012 by LR2543 because: .

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Dude, Jesus WAS Jewish, it's in the Bible.
This is what Jewish people look like then and now;

Do they look like sand...dwellers to you? No they look white like Jesus.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart
reply to post by RealSpoke

Dude, Jesus WAS Jewish, it's in the Bible.
This is what Jewish people look like then and now;

Do they look like sand...dwellers to you? No they look white like Jesus.

All you did was post a picture of European Jews who are in no way a Semitic race. Their religion is Semitic not them.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I don't know about some of you guys, But I don't care if it is a white or black church, it's still a church, and I still ain't going!

However, I do not find it racist that it is whites only.
Black only services are plentiful.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Its Jesus's Church...

Not whites or blacks...

And He said EVERYONE is welcome...

Funny how that works, huh?

In the churches in this town the white go to their churches and the blacks go to theirs, oh some have a few cross overs but not many.

Guess they didn't get the memo.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm purple!!!

Howdy BUDDY!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Actually... this is the most accurate version of what he looked like:

www.popularmechanics.com...

Not black, not white, very, very Jewish, much like most Israeli's today and reflects the area in which he lived.... he was, indeed, in your own words, a "sand dweller".

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by Thunderheart

Actually... this is the most accurate version of what he looked like:

www.popularmechanics.com...

Not black, not white, very, very Jewish, much like most Israeli's today and reflects the area in which he lived.... he was, indeed, in your own words, a "sand dweller".

I'm sorry this picture made me laugh! So how is this the most accurate description exactly? Just curious.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join