It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Buy This Car?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This is a small car with a lot of economical punch to it. It actually gets one hundred miles to the gallon. It is so compact you can fit it through a door and park it in your living room. It is 54 inches long by 41 inches wide. There are only two problems with it though.

It's gas tank only has one gallon in it, AND it does not have a reverse.

So I ask you, would you buy this car?

Please wait until after you've seen the video to post an answer. It is 9 minutes long.

edit on 6-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I'll take one....I always liked small cars. Once I outran the cops in a Datsun 240z (my first car)
by driving thru the fence of a schoolyard....the cop car was too big to fit

Disclaimer: No children were harmed--it was at night

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
NO.

It's jot practical at all and would be VERY unsafe on the road.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Nope,because if I did,I would end up hurting myself.....I would buy it for one of the kids

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
there are several up for grabs in England but the cost is preventative not to mention it has no reverse gear or taillights. , however if your really hard up to get one i know of at least one (will have to check) company that produces replacement parts for all assortments of bubble cars and they will sell you a new peel 50 for about 15,000$ which is completely insane.

personally though i love the messerschmits micro cars, tandem 2 seaters with a real style to them. look em up!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

In a word, no.

Watch this first. It kinda changed my mind on small cars.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
hell no. gas mileage is too high. i like to release carbon into the air. it's fun.
in fact i'am idling my truck right now at a gallon per hour. 7 more hours to go.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
No.

It's always cracks me up when you some big person trying to squeeze into a little car.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
LOL YES

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I'n america we call that a go cart

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Not a chance. What can you do with such a thing? My car, like all of my other current possessions, has to "justify it's existence". That thing doesn't. Better off just using a bicycle, I would feel less claustrophobic. You can't carry tools or equipment in it. You can't make money with it at all. So, no. No thanks.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Is this a joke? Why would any one waist money developing this death trap. If your looking at it from a safety stand point it would seem a motorcycle is safer. If you get in a wreck in that thing your probably going to get smashed inside like a can of tuna.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The only thing that holds me back from saying yes...are the visions of firemen peeling me out of this flattened tuna can after I topped it out on the bypass.

Other than that? Its awesome.

ETA...I hereby swear that I did not steal "can of tuna" from the above poster...
Teach me to read all the replies next time.
edit on 7/6/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I would drive it around in any empty car park or on someones estate.

There is no way you could even pay me to drive that thing on a road. Seems each one comes with a tracking device for death to follow you in. Would be about as safe as me hop scotching down a motorway..

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Yes I would definetly cruise one of those!
I would own one, and drive it proud!
Maybe drop a more powerful street bike engine in it, upgrade the suspension and brakes.

The only thing I would be worried about was parking front ways twards a wall or something, You have to get out of the front, and their is no reverse....You'd have to holler for someone to give you a push back....lol.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'd buy two and be the coolest kid with fancy roller skates on the block!!

top topics

join