It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened....?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I've always been skeptical, but open to the theory of the paranormal. As I write this I am a little unnerved. I am currently ill (only a cold, nothing mental :lol
and woke up just before 2AM. As I'm trying to get back to sleep I hear the weirdest sounds in the distance...I shrug it off, it could be anything. But the sound just increased in volume until it was too close for comfort. It sounded somewhat of a mix between a dog barking and an eagle but as it increased in volume it sounded like it was right near me..

I had my window open so I quickly had taken a look outside firstly at my car but after seeing nothing, the adrenaline begins to pick up and I go from a sleepy state to wide awake within seconds of being unable to figure out what the sound is. I quickly scanned the area after going outside too, nothing to see here but just as I peak outside of the window as I go back upstairs, five seconds afterwards the noises stop. I go downstairs to again check it out....nothing there, ten minutes later it happens again but only for a more brief time (as I'm back upstairs)...but then I hear a noise downstairs as if someone is visibly IN the house...I grab an old glass beer bottle (I wasn't drunk, it was old don't worry I'm just messy haha) but then again, nothing there....

Anyone ever come across this before? I'm getting shivers up my spine just writing this.

But then, isn't the paranormal an easy way for humans to describe something they do not understand or cannot see?

edit on 6-7-2012 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

You said you have a cold. Did you take some cold medicine ? Perhaps a different brand than usual ? I'm not doubting you. I am just asking questions to get a feel of what may have happened.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Nope, none whatsoever. Just had a cup of tea to help soothe my throat before I went back to bed that's all!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

The only thing I know that sounds like a cross between a dog barking and an eagle is a fox. Do you know what they sound like? They can be really creepy.

There's a bunch of fox sounds to review here:
www.angelfire.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Jebbaroo

Just checked it out, certainly isn't that. It had a much more eery sound to it....more depth, much higher volume and less dog-like, little more eagle-ish...it really is hard to describe in all honesty.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

Oh. Okay. And you're sure it's just a cold ?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

maybe you were braised by spirits..was the air chilled?...sometimes it happens so quick like a twitch.Try get it again by relaxing........good stuff

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

call.wav ----Fox calling out.

I bet it was that one. That sound like a bird.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

Spot-on
it was just so loud I didn't think it would have come from an animal but maybe it was just a beastly fox
. Thanks for that.

Although saying that.....doesn't explain the noises in the house, my window upstairs was the only one open

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

I just have to ask - do you have the type of house a fox could possibly get under? I hope it was just a fox. We've got some near our cabin, and some of the noises they make are positively eerie. Even when we know perfectly well it's a fox, we still get the shivers.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Not that I can actually think of....no possible way. We do actually have a lot of foxes round here so there's no doubt about it was a fox. (I once woke up again in the night and saw literally a pack of foxes about five of 'em walking down the road) and yeah definitely right by saying it's eery ....especially when you don't know what it is

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Oh my gosh. If I heard that creepy fox call when I was outside at night by myself (or EVER, actually) I would probably drop everything and run inside. I don't think I've ever heard that, even though I grew up in the mountains and currently live in an area where I see them once in a while. I hope I don't hear it. That is creeeeepy.

What was the strange sound you heard in your house? Were you able to narrow down what it might have been based on your own familiarity with your house and the stuff in it?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MojaveBurning

You can say that again
. But I never narrowed the noise down which I heard inside of the house, probably mind-tricks from me wondering what the f- is going on and me secretly wanting it to be some monstery mythological creature which I could have a scrap with
...when in reality it was just a veeeery loud fox.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jebbaroo
reply to post by Wulfric

I just have to ask - do you have the type of house a fox could possibly get under? I hope it was just a fox. We've got some near our cabin, and some of the noises they make are positively eerie. Even when we know perfectly well it's a fox, we still get the shivers.
two tom cats fighting under a wood frame house can make one hell of a racket!

Oh the memories!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

You've restored some of my faith in ATS. I think this is the first time on here I've seen someone be given a
Rational explanation and just accept it without being defensive or obnoxious to the people giving it
I can imagine it was pretty scary when you didn't know what it was.
I agree with you about the house noises, it was probably something normal that your mind built up after the
fright you'd had with the fox noise. I hope your cold clears up soon and the foxes let you sleep .
:0) Cal

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by glassspider

Wow I feel special haha. Although saying that on ATS I'm more of a lurker and I only very rarely post. I was actually really disappointed when the mystery had been solved....but I will always be open-minded in all circumstances. Humans are afraid of the unknown and the mind can be very powerful but I will never dismiss the paranormal as there's no actual way I can disprove it...or prove it either. I just like to look at the situation from all angles, then and only then if logic still cannot solve the mystery I'll say it -could- be a real paranormal event but maybe there is still something I haven't thought about yet?

Would be interesting to visit a haunted place one day and look at the approach from a rational perspective, see I actually -want- the paranormal to be real I really do but until I experience something which cannot be explained by anyone then I will remain a skeptic...but still open to their existence.

Also thanks a lot, this cold has been bothering me for a week now it interrupted my weight training and everything, haven't fully slept in about three days either

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wulfric

Lack of sleep is horrible, all you can really do is get plenty of vit c and drink lots of fluids for the, cold, I find echinacea spray quite good for your throat feels quite soothing and allegedly helps with the cold.

I 'm much the same as you in that I'd love to see something that truly defies explanation, and would be first on the list to stay the night in a big old spooky house and really see something first hand (with a friend I'm sceptical not brave hehe).
I think I've been put off the subject a bit by the many programs with terrible fake psychics who've been shown faking and getting things horribly wrong, and the programs full of orbs/bits of dust in front of the camera, I'm from england living in the netherlands so there are loads of those awful shows plus in both countries we get the american ones too.

Good luck getting some sleep and shifting your cold
:0)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by glassspider

I'll give the echinacea a whirl I've got some lying about somewhere in capsule form but I've never really used it.....and nice one mate I'm also English. If I could work out how to use this site then I'd be talking to ya about the Netherlands, I've never been there myself but a band I like comes from there and I've always been meaning to visit one time (as do most people)

top topics

join