It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Interviews His 12 Year Old Self .. 20 Years Later !!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Ahh how come i didnt think that myself .. great idea
first time i see such incredible video
very clever idea he had 20 yrs ago lol

I have found this "interview" very refreshing

20 years ago, a 12-year-old boy took a camera and filmed half of a
conversation, pretending to be talking to himself in the future. This
year, that boy is now 32-year-old actor and videomaker Jeremiah McDonald, and he’s finally made the conversation whole. The resulting video is sweet, sad, and kind of beautiful.
The first half of the video is kind of silly. Writing today on Twitter,
McDonald explained that, to make the conversation seem real, he was
“locked into” the improvisations of a 12 year old boy. However, once the
younger version of himself begins asking about a hobby that was, at one
point, incredibly important to him but has now fallen by the wayside,
the proceedings get wonderfully poignant and human. Plus, it all ends
with a great Doctor Who/Blink reference which is always good!
If only all of us had been as prescient as the camera-toting Jeremy
of 1992, we’d all have wonderful videos like this. Of course, for some
of us, maybe that wouldn’t be too pleasant an experience…

Liveleak

edit on 7/6/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I'm very glad you posted this. For some reason I didn't want to watch it before, mostly because 12 year old me would not be fond of me now, but that was far less depressing than I thought. I was very amused.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wish I'd had the forsight.

Tomorrow the grandson will be strapped in a chair with a camera poked in his face

Good find

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Tomorrow the grandson will be strapped in a chair with a camera poked in his face

DO IT! Make sure to get lots of random stuff so you can weave together an awesome script! Try to predict something awesome too.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by VoidHawk

DO IT! Make sure to get lots of random stuff so you can weave together an awesome script! Try to predict something awesome too.

Well, he can talk the hind legs of a donkey
and he talks about anything, the problem will be stopping him.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
That's sweet.
I did something like that for myself man years ago but it wasn't in video form, it was written in an old notebook and then tucked away. I asked myself questions about the future. If I had anyone special in my life, if I still loved a tv show I loved then, how life was going, etc. I unfortunately didn't have very many good answers when I stumbled upon the notebook a few years later. I still don't.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I think if I were going to do something like this, I would ask questions that I would want to know in the future, then record myself saying "yea", "no", "maybe", "oh", "I don't know", "Ok" so that this way even my future self would be able to ask the past self questions, and then as my future self I can truly answer the questions asked when I was younger.

In other words, he may it to "script-like" it should just been recordings of himself asking questions so that he can edit it and answer it as his future self on different subjects.

Interesting video though.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
There is no separating ourselves from ourselves....

We are the same person....

Only, a new and refreshed experience...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I'm very glad you posted this. For some reason I didn't want to watch it before, mostly because 12 year old me would not be fond of me now

It would be the opposite with me. I was a jerk when I was a kid, so I think adult me would end up getting angry half-way through the interview lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Is there any proof that the kid is actually him?

Cool idea none the less.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I kept a notebook from my teen years of my writings, wit, and wisdom, as well as the top best looking guys and the bottom most unattractive guys too. I found it recently and gave it to my daughter to read and enjoy with her teen-age friends.

It really gave a glimpse into the teenage girl that I was and was pretty cool for my daughter and her friends to get to know a teenage girl from 30 years ago. One that I'm sure my daughter can hardly believe is now her mother.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Cool video, but why is it in this forum? lol

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

lololol that was very punny, thanks for that

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Brilliant!

Absolutely...... Brilliant!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible
Is there any proof that the kid is actually him?

Cool idea none the less.

Ahhhh...... pics or it didn't h..... hang on a sec...

Well this IS ATS i suppose. lol

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I know exactly what types of questions i would have had for future me and i'm afraid past me would not like many of the answers to them....

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
that was a really cool video,great idea,someone could really take that idea a run with it.S&F 4u

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

thats such a cool clip

thanks!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Nice.

Is this self-help?

I wonder what he thinks about it? Is it spiritual? Just for fun? Any philosophy?

Sometimes I'll read old things I wrote and be amazed at how emotional and encompassing and at the same time naive and religious they were. I'm not religious like I was then. My emotions were more intense. Maybe it was my youth. Maybe it was the lack of knowledge (that I filled in with intuition or emotion). But sometimes a few things I said stick and still sound impressive even now. I'll wonder Did I write that? I'll not even recognize my own self. And then I start to think about all the things I've forgotten about my past self. It's so blurry and even my most clear memories are half-remembered.

In the end, we forget a lot about the past and fill-in the rest with gobbledegook.

Are we better because we're older? Society says that we're at our peak between 25 and 40. That's when we make the most academic and professional success. After that it's downhill. We tend to tell ourselves that wisdom makes up for it and we can share hat with children and young adults. But ultimately, even our wisdom becomes out of date as it's intimately tied with a outdated world.

Then we die. And I think a lot of questions remain. My grandpa died at 100 and at 99 I asked him what the biggest problem was. He said greed. But I knew his answer before he said it. He complained about the rich buying increasing amounts of the world and excluding the rest of the people from gaining access to it. He also moaned about the debt. I mostly agree with him, but my understanding of greed is different. Or maybe I'm just fooling myself. But I think greed is just desire mixed with ignorance. Desire originates from instinctive needs: hunger, comfort, social networking, etc. But our knowledge is never perfect, so we're always ignorant, no matter how hard we try to correct for it. Even as we learn we're making everything more complex and asking more questions.
edit on 7-7-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wow! That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen......This man is a very good film maker and I look forward to seeing more of his work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join