It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant ape may be new species

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Here's the story...Clicky, clicky

An elusive giant ape has been spotted in remote forests in central Africa, sparking theories that it could be a new species of primate - a finding that would be the most astonishing wildlife discovery in decades, New Scientist says.

I hope that they find a live specimin of this ape. If they do, the idea of the Bigfoot and the Yeti won't seem so far off.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
So thats where osama went

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This was in the news, over a year ago.
CHUCK? am I in the right Thread now?

USA Today Article
and

news.nationalgeographic.com...

There is a pic on the second link...

Seems with that time span, there would be more information available..

If, by chance, this IS a Hybrid ape..How might this effect the way the older homonids are classified..There has always been speculation as to where each homonid "type" fits on the family tree of Man..Its possible a lot of the branches have intertwined..so to speak..

[edit on 11-10-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   
if this ape is new and it is bigger would that make it stronger too and faster and more protective if so were screwed.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roberto Flores
if this ape is new and it is bigger would that make it stronger too and faster and more protective if so were screwed.

Nothing a good old fashioned howitzer wouldn't put right.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   
they even stay in the same nest night after night , maybe they will learn to make homes, and enslave humanity.. er.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
So thats where osama went

Yeah, very funny! .. Cretin.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think what you may find is that Bigfoot IS getting smarter, he has to, we're hunting him remember!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You guys are faaaaar behind. It has been found but they don't know if it is a hybrid, giant African Chimpanzee or a new species. It was in Time Magazine like in February. It does exist but they don't know how to class it. Unlike Chimps, they do not live in trees but have nests by the rivers. Their genes are seen to be different from Chimps but their physique is different.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Is it just me or does it look very scary? lol...I wouldn't want to run into one of them in a dark alley!!

ID

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vulcha
Nothing a good old fashioned howitzer wouldn't put right.

For an ape this size I think that would be over doing it a little, though it would be fun to watch. www.army.mil...

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
imagine the size of incredible hulk .....storming the city...hurling police cars....climbling buildings.... ape won't do those stunts right?

top topics

join