It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Rapists/Child Molesters not get life in prison?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

metalholic
reply to post by ATScory

Honestly who cares! There are worse things that go on in the world that barely gets you 30 days in jail!

im curious. what crime worse than rape gets you "barely 30 days"?

it sickens me that some people actually dont understand how devastating sexual assault can be.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I don't get why a certain breed of child molesters aren't locked up for much longer, especially the violent ones. The rate of recidivism is staggering.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousgal

I hate to butt in someone elses conversation but I can answer this. Peer pressuring someone into doing a life threatening/damaging activity such as smoking meth should grant death penalty for all involved.

De-facing someone to the point of ruining lives on little to no evidence is pretty severe aswell. Atleast those rape victims still have a life.
edit on 7-12-2013 by 0d1n5Unh0ly6h05t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Curiousgal

Trafficking illegal narcotics or drugs in period to underage children is pretty sick! This is just an example. I'm sure if YOU thought about it you'd come up with more.

Kids smoking cigarettes, having children and forcing mommy and daddy to not only raise them but there kids to is pretty awful puts a strain one everyone. Most likely that kid that had that kid will never have a real life. Because good chance shes gonna drop out of school and try to live off welfare and child support.

Rape victims just have to accept that what happened to them was apart of there life journey and most likely it was to be a humbling experience.

Now I know I make it sounds easy but I was molested and it never effected me. Mainly because I understand that it's all apart of the process. For someone who doesn't I understand that it was traumatic effects I will never dispute but that sooner or later you have to realize that you still have your whole life ahead of you and atleast you don't have to worry about CANCER,ADDICTION...ETC
edit on 7-12-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The gov. understands this situation.

A trailer park with a bunch of 20-30 yr old's among teenage high school girls. They're developed and look above age. Ofcourse everyone knows how old they are. Most likely lived among each other a good while.

Sex is going to happen. And most likely most of it is brought on by the younger chicks. So why ruin someone's life with a life in prison charge over some angry father who prolly did the samething when he was younger. Or some jealous high school girl who got mad she wasn't mature enough for that older guy she brags about screwing at school.

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Before you go judging my post because I know how your brain works. know that being morally correct is just camouflage for those who need to hide.
edit on 7-12-2013 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Before I end my argument I got one more. it's not going to be very in depth but it will scratch the surface you will see what I mean. And hopefully you will understand just how deadly every day activities in your life is.

2 People who are soul mates get interfered with by toxic people. Either through drugs, peer pressure, jealousy..the list goes on and on.

Separate and one of them commits suicide or becomes a drug addict and has a ruined life. Had they had there soul mate they would have never had a problem.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

GoldenRuled
A better question. How come they're not castrated to prevent their sins from being repeated?
There are other ways to molest a child. You don't have to use your penis or vagina. -.-

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

buster2010
Life in prison is a waste of time and money. They should be castrated and have their balls fed to them then after the prisoners get finished playing with them put them down like the dogs they are. Usually these type of convicts are kept separate from the others because of what they would do to them.

The best example I can think of was a guy who raped and killed a little girl after the other cons got their hands on him they carved the words Katie's revenge on his forehead.
You do realize women can also molest/rape children right?

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Whats with all this life in prison crap?

They should be tortured for one whole year. Then they should die a horrible death.

If that were a law, I would personaly do that for a living, not joking. I would be proud to do it as well.

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
how cheap are some bullets $1 vote for me when i am president there will be no problem .

think of the reality t.v that that will make - you have 5 minutes run sucker

remember people vote for me in the next election

seriously read the franklin cover up all will be revealed

posted on Dec, 26 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
A lot of people dis-own there own family/friends by the sound so of this thread.

Haven't met a family or group of friends yet in my life that didn't have a chomo in it.
edit on 26-12-2013 by XsweetNspiceyX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Robbing a bank is the worst crime of all. You do not take "their" money. Money is worth more than human life and is how "they" have it gauged. There are murderers who got less time than bank robbers.

Pedophilia should end with the perpetrator getting castrated and a tattoo across their forehead and face that says: sex offender, beware, do not trust me. If they do it again then hang them from a tree on the courthouse lawn on Saturdays for all to see. Cheap, effective.

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ATScory

I have a few theories on why paedophiles and predators are not sent to jail for life. I am currently three years into a journey - as a voice for abused Children - I am a Teacher in Australia - who by law must report any information that is relevant to Child Abuse, in the form of a Mandatory Report.

I have not been protected and over the course of three years I have collected the evidence to show how those in positions of authority are circumventing the legislation.

There is your first reason why paedophiles and predators are not in jail for life - they are being protected by people in positions of authority. The laws have been made to be easily circumvented - just ticking boxes means that abusers slip through the net.

Also - people are either not awake or don't care. When enough people care about the Children of our global society then laws might change. I have made my way to the Australian Federal Human Rights Court - unrepresented and alone - save for one friend and work colleague and my doctor.

I know that what we - as a global society - need to do is this; we need to talk about this repugnant crime and we need to stand together - sounds corny and twee I know but I do not see any other way. I know that for some people the subject is too horrendous to read about and I understand that - I have images in my head I wish I didn't but that has not stopped me. I also know that well meaning people quite simply don't know what to do to make change. All I can say is doing nothing achieves nothing. I am not perfect but I am trying to do something - I feel I can win but the battle is like fighting evil.

Perhaps you can answer this question for me - why has my latest thread barely received any attention? I am not seeking stars or flags or kudos - just want to know why threads about any variety of subjects can garner loads of attention but a thread about a person who is actively trying to protect Children from paedophiles and predators is not being responded to....

I know why but I would like to hear from someone else - you - who has passion about the violation of Children. You are quite right about paedophiles and predators being released from jail - they should never be released once they have been charged and found guilty.

For those of you who are worried about innocent people being sent to jail - we need to change the laws and then that one frame of reference cannot be utilised to prevent the real paedophiles and predators from escaping justice.

My post might come off as a bit of a rant but some days my journey makes me weary - this post seemed like a safe place for me to let off some steam. Thank you.

Much Peace...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join