It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why i dont think 2012 will happen and the significance of the date

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

But how was your "spiritual awakening" i guess linked to 21/12/12 you say you have changed but that could have been anything, its not saying its related to that date. You have changed due to something else completely or because your sub conscious molded itself around the idea of that data and you have changed because of the idea. the chances of something else are very minimal, and im sorry if these posts sound rude but none of us are special in the way we are "changing"

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

The 2012 date has had all leap years taken into account when worked out against the Mayan callender

Yes the 2012 date has taken into account leap years. The deceptive argument concerning leap years revolves around the idea that we should actually add leap years into the Mayan calender as well... that reasoning is completely absurd. The Mayan calender does not need to be adjusted or tweaked, that would result in an incorrect date. As I understand it, the 2012 date is derived from using the normal Mayan calender worked out against our normal calender (which does include leap years). There is no valid reason to add leap years to the Mayan calender, that would alter the cycles and change them from what they are meant to be.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Surely that would mean that they were two different dates anyway? and also in the case they did account for leap years then its wrong anyway so there is no actual way of telling?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theangrypea

Surely that would mean that they were two different dates anyway? and also in the case they did account for leap years then its wrong anyway so there is no actual way of telling?

No... you're not making any sense. It wouldn't make a difference whether they accounted for leap years or not. The cycle they came up with is the cycle they came up with... so that's the cycle we use to count with when getting the date. Lets assume we didn't have leap years in our calender, it wouldn't make a difference... there would still be the same amount of seconds from now until their long cycle ends, however it would obviously be a different date on our calender. I hope you can see the faulty logic of your reasoning... your are turning leap years into some magical thing which warp time.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Okay, well . I don't believe that. I believe that if anything significant happens on this date, it will be a result of our own doing. Paranoia about this date will cause many to do things they don't normally do in mass and thus, whatever happens will be used as the "proof" of the signification of this date.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

Okay, well . I don't believe that. I believe that if anything significant happens on this date, it will be a result of our own doing. Paranoia about this date will cause many to do things they don't normally do in mass and thus, whatever happens will be used as the "proof" of the signification of this date.

Yes I agree. Unless the Sun emits a "kill shot" or aliens land or something along those lines, I wont believe the result has anything to do with a prophecy unfolding.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Theangrypea

It's ok, opposit opinions often attract vibes of sort, none here
I'm not any more special than anyone.... And no less either, we are all very special. Life itself is a gift we have been given the opportunity to expeirience. Though it's tough, humanity has lead itself into the precarious possition we are in, we welcomed everything we have now with open arms, we even begged for this control system. "protect us please" instead of uniting against the bad things in this world and dealing with them, we said, the government need to something about that. Now we have to break out. As they are all people from earth too, it's us. Humanity, begged and bowed down, but now has its hand on its sword ready to draw.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Yeah i see now haha, i have been up for a couple of days so im not thinking properly lol but yeah i see now, but what i was getting at is the fact if we made an error in thinking if they accounted for leap years or not, because depending if they did or didnt would mean a change in dates surely?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

but what i was getting at is the fact if we made an error in thinking if they accounted for leap years or not, because depending if they did or didnt would mean a change in dates surely?

But the thing is... asking whether they accounted for leap years is a very nonsensical question in reality. We only use leap years because our original calender system was not accurate enough (in terms of tracking our orbit around the Sun), so we were required to add in a "fudge factor", which is the leap year. The Mayan calender is highly accurate, in fact I think it's still accurate to less than a second, it didn't require the same type of fudge factor... in fact it doesn't really have "years" per se. So the concept of adding in leap years to the Mayan calender is completely illogical.
edit on 6/7/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
In contrast to most of this thread i have a thought that crossed my mind while reading. Sorry to those who have already assumed it. Any intelligent non-flouride drinking individual can tell that there is a belligerent system controlling our the way we live way up on the echelons of power. So my thinking is that there is already plans by governments both domestic and abroad to use this date against the people. Using both fear and power in the obvious success of disinformation tactics, all they would have to do is the same thing they did with 9/11 and pharmecuetical companies and oil companies and such shutting down Tesla, etc. etc. Maybe thats the date people on a small (or large scale) accept the RFID chip, Maybe its the date we go to war with Iran, Maybe they'll trick us into thinking scientists discovered something that is essential to human life as we know it. Maybe nothing news worthy will happen (i say news worthy but 200,000 japanese protesters seems to be news worthy to me).

Its just like the year 2000 except the date was centralized at electronics. When psychology and existentialism through change get involved. There is alot more to consider. What do we know about tptb using psychology against us?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
Lol at the title. You don't think 2012 will happen? It's already 2012. but really, if you were sensitive you'd notice the change. not saying govts will collapse, not saying there will be some rogue planet cuasing choas,not saying there will be a huge spiritual awakening. but for those on the path, the veil will defiantly be thinned

This is the problem right here. You can't disprove believers because if nothing happens it means you aren't on the path. They can claim they "feel" it so it's real. When you don't need proof it's impossible to be disproven.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Seems legit.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Ut oh, dont look now but 2012 is happening right now as we speak.

Its been happening for a little over six months now.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Not that I subscribe to the 2012 doomsday theory but the Mayan calendar was based on astronomy and so leap years wouldnt make a difference one way or the other. They followed the stars. the stars dont take a year off every four years nor do they move out of position during that time. I've heard the leap year theory as a way of debate against the doomsday theory but that theory is just as flawed as the one that says the world will end this December.
PS We only have leap years because astrological or seasonal events do not occur in complete days and our standard calendar would be off over time. Since the Mayans werent using our calendar to create theirs it hardly matters at all.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Thats new age speak. Tell me what that means to me in my every day life if you can ?
I think its contagion of aboration but I am cynical.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatifitdidhappen

You need to come up with a valid reason why any government would want to do that to their people. I see it every day here and I shake my head. The elites want to kill us off. They cant do that ! They are no longer the elites if we're gone.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatifitdidhappen

And 2000 was not a dooms day theory it was a very very real computer issue that needed very real intervention to prevent hugh problems. Lucky for us we figured it out and fixed the computers.
The 2012 dooms day theory is not even in the same league.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Why would our government do this? If you havent unveiled any government ploys and human suffering by now you may never make that connection

Consider these things, of course this is just the tip of the iceberg:

--9/11 Of course there is tons more information on it this is basically all you need to know. Why would our government willingly kill 3000 people in its own country. Surely they arent that sinister.

--suppression of Cures for Cancer: Beck Rife B17 Of course again alot more info on these subjects. But why would these doctors go to such lengths to lie to the people knowing the government is willing to kill them for it. Facts. Just look at the many 'suicides' and mysterious deaths among doctors trying to get the truth out. Then ask yourself why would the government want to suppress this information?

--Suppression of Nikola Tesla: Free EnergyTheres too much info about tesla and his suppression so i'll just link this for curiositys sake

-- JFK Again look at the curcumstances around his murder. Why would they want to. Check out the events and people around WWII and forward you'll be surprised

--MK Ultra Why would the directer try to destroy all of the files regarding this...but nothing to be ashamed of. Check out Cathy O' Brien's story. If even half of it is true, think about what that actually means about the government

--Wars against people who dont agree with america and its standards. Gaddafi, The gold dinar story, Castro, and others. Surely it isnt because of money

I could go on and on and on about connections and truths about the government they dont want us to know. So you ask why. Thats a good question. I assume as most people do power, greed, and control. Its much easier to control the masses if there is less mass to control.

But if the majority doesnt know or care....why bother spending any time covering anything up anymore

As for the year 2000, thats exactly the point i was getting at. I was using the year as a basis for the fear it brought about as it does for 21-12-12 to point out the hysteria that could be used against us.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I think people want to believe some major event is going to change things because life is difficult for many people.

I'm really not sure if the date is going to be significant but we seem to be entering a very new age. It seems strange the end of their calendar coincides with these developments:

1. According to some scientists immortality will be achieved within the next 100 years.
2. Real mind reading equipment is now a known fact
3. We are starting to be able to manipulate DNA
4. Travel beyond are galaxy has started
5. CERN might be able to create black holes or connect with other dimensions

top topics

<< 1   >>

join