It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why i dont think 2012 will happen and the significance of the date

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Why do people seem to think that things are going to change over 21/12/2012? I can’t understand why you would think something would happen?
The reason a lot of you feel that something will change over this date is because you have been lead to think this, even if you don’t think it’s the end of the world and it’s just a change then you are probably wrong. The reason for this is because you have been told and you dwindle on the possibilities, it’s the same as when someone else points out something they noticed on a picture and you say “oh yeah I see it now” (not the best example but still).

I think that you are being leas to think that something’s different, but it isn’t… it has been placed into your sub-conscious, you may say ohhh no I can feel something is different, but not many realize that your sub conscious is in control really and you have been influenced. If you hadn’t heard about it then you would be none the wiser to the situation.

I think that it’s a shame that people really think something will happen over this date, you never know something could happen but shouldn’t it have happened already? For the fact that the Mayan calendar didn’t account for leap years, this means that the end of the world would have happened months ago. This is a fatal flaw in the whole idea.
Another reason why I think it couldn’t happen is that it would have leaked evidence if someone really knew that it happened. Yes you may say the government will hide its tracks but someone would have told someone else and so on. How else would we have supposed leaked pictures from places such as area 51?
I just don’t get why people would think that this date is so significant, I think a main problem is boredom… the fact that the world isn’t as it was 100 years ago, we didn’t think about the end of the world and other things back then because we were dealing with the problems at hand, we were busy with world wars etc and we didn’t have the technology to spread it all over the world. The rate in which news is spread over the world now is incredible but we don’t just hear the news, we hear from other people who may be giving legitimate information but then there are the people that get a kick out of scaring others and this is where a huge part of the problem lies.
I guess this is just my own views and I respect your if you believe it will happen, I just think that the facts out balance the theories to be honest. I have not yet seen one piece of actual proof of this data having any significance and it does annoy me that people are scaring others with this information. I’m not lying when I say I was feeling suicidal at one point when I heard the end of the world could be happening when I was going through a bad time and that really didn’t help.

Im sorry if these things have been covered but thanks for reading

Theangrypea

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Theangrypea

It has a lot to do with boredom and misleading someone to believe in something not substantiated by conclusive evidence. The mundane and monotonous parts of life can leave us yearning for something eventful to happen. I myself am one of those people. If only I could witness a once in a lifetime event, which would radically change my worldview. Although I can only speak for myself, I'm assuming that's what most people want.

Hopefully all of this Dec. 21st, 2012 hoopla doesn't become a self-fulfilling prophecy, because if it does, we will only have ourselves to blame.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Lol at the title. You don't think 2012 will happen? It's already 2012. but really, if you were sensitive you'd notice the change. not saying govts will collapse, not saying there will be some rogue planet cuasing choas,not saying there will be a huge spiritual awakening. but for those on the path, the veil will defiantly be thinned

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think it has a bit to do with the 'I'm so special' mentality pervasive in our society. From Twitter to Indigo children everyone wants to be special. Hell my posting right now is tied in with that. I think a lot of people want to be a part of something bigger than themselves.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
You have the same chance of the world ending tomorrow as on 21/12/12, just get on with life and live it to the full.

If the world was going to end i don't think they would of made a movie telling everyone about it, they tend to keep these kind of events secret
edit on 6/7/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I still hold the belief that our creators will be returning this year. It will be a new beginning, a positive change. They will show us the correct path and teach us how to live as we were meant to.

I expect extreme resistance from our "Controllers" and wars will eventuate but they will be very short lived...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

TextFor the fact that the Mayan calendar didn’t account for leap years, this means that the end of the world would have happened months ago. This is a fatal flaw in the whole idea.

I'm afraid the fatal flaw is yours - Your correct - they didn't include Leap Years - they didn't need to - their Calender is so exact - the modern calender we use today cannot get it so accurate so they added leap years.

They did have these scares years ago - since ancient times - but in victorian times, they spread the word on the back of a sandwich board carried on some ones back as he walked through the streets and used many other methods.

But your correct in that most dire predictions of catastrophie never played out but some would argue on this point!

Never say never - let's wait and see.

S&F for your positive though a little naive outlook.
edit on 6-7-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What exactly are you implying will or will not happen? Change is abit vague and can mean anything, the only constant is change so it's the one thing guaranteed too happen.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

Yeah you know what i mean

but seriously i dont think anything will happen, our feeling of something happening is the same of the people in world war one and two for instance (not as bad) because they were going through horrible times and they would have thought exactly the same. This is just a part of life and i think everyone needs to realize that.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

And i mean the change in the world drastically as we know it, a lot of people believe it;s going to be the end of the world and some believe it's going to be spiritual awakening. I just think that there will be no drastic change and i know that change is something drastic but i guess i mean an instant change in the way we live.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

Dont get me wrong i know its a little one sided this post but i used to believe it all, everything that was said to me, and i started to get so depressed because of it. I think that the only way round it was to have my own ways of proving why it wont happen

and why didn't they need to include it on the Mayan calendar? did they sat that they accounted for leap years? surely the calendar would have fluctuated?

And yes i know people would have spread information like that but it wants on such as wide scale as it is today.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I'd have to disagree, it already is, I've changed. Many others too. This creates change on its own and if it speeds up the change will be noticeable and profound. I see subtle signs of it everywhere. It's part of our journey and evolution. I think scientists resent discovery of the "god" particle could be a catalyst to get people to search. To find out for themselves what they are and why they are here, as we now know there is an intelligence to the structure of the universe.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It could well be that nothing is going to happen.

It could also be that what will happen will be unlike and different from the expectations of human vanity.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I'm still waiting for someone to explain why many refuse to accept the fact that the date has already passed.

When you factor in daylight savings time and leap years , something the Mayans knew nothing about, the date already came and went back in the 1990's.

edit on 6-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

I dont think your changing because of this significant date, you are growing up and seeing the world for what it really is. People would have thought the same 20 years ago like the change in technology people started thinking wow everything feels different but its just the world changing with you :/ thats how life is...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Your correct - they didn't include Leap Years - they didn't need to - their Calender is so exact - the modern calender we use today cannot get it so accurate so they added leap years.
reply to post by quedup

Says who ? You can't just make that up and throw that in there. Back it up with facts please

edit on 6-7-2012 by skepticconwatcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
JAN 21 2012 WILL DEFINATELY HAPPEN......probably the 22nd, 23rd ,then the 24th will happen,,then the 25th will happen too......what do you mean "happen".

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

The 2012 date has had all leap years taken into account when worked out against the Mayan callender

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Lunatics control the world. Can anyone predict what they will do or when? 911 and the wars that followed just happened? The fake Arab Spring and Libya just happened? Iran and Syria are not connected to any of it? The financial cards being stacked is not relevant? Nothing more than a passing glance at the symbolism of the 2012 Olympics? Whistle past the graveyard.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

You don't know me, I changed. The old me has gone, he raptured out of this place, where he went I dont know! After the psychosis calmed, I found myself different. Things make scence now. I'd compare my old self to a robot. I can't even remember how he felt. But I feel good.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join