It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration repeats same jobs line — for the 30th month

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

June 2012: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report and it is informative to consider each report in the context of other data that are becoming available." (LINK: www.whitehouse.gov...)

May 2012: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report and it is helpful to consider each report in the context of other data that are becoming available." (LINK: www.whitehouse.gov...)

~~~~~~~
October 2011: "The monthly employment and unemployment numbers are volatile and employment estimates are subject to substantial revision. There is no better example than August's jobs figure, which was initially reported at zero and in the latest revision increased to 104,000. This illustrates why the Administration always stresses it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: www.whitehouse.gov...)

September 2011: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: www.whitehouse.gov...)

~~~~~~~~~
November 2010: "Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report." (LINK: www.whitehouse.gov...)

~~~~~~~~
January 2010: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative." (LINK: www.whitehouse.gov...)

November 2009: "Therefore, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report, positive or negative." (LINK: www.whitehouse.gov...)

So, at what point do we start paying attention to job numbers? Come on Obama, you pledged to quit if you could not fix the economy. You failed. You continue to fail. You can't lead, no one will follow, so get out of the way.
news.yahoo.com/blogs
e dit on Fri Jul 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

edit on Fri Jul 6 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
In hindsight, he probably regrets that pledge. Alot.

There is absolutely no way the economy is getting fixed anytime soon, let alone in a term.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

So why do you paint the whole picture instead of just a part of it.

Tell me what Congress has done in the last two years to help this economy move forward. Tell me what businesses have done to improve the economy. These two aside, there are many more reasons as to why this economy isn't growing as fast as it could. It doesn't live and die with one person.

But as usual, you may continue your Blame it all on Obama thread.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Hey That sort of reads like a teleprompter!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The 5th

There is absolutely no way the economy is getting fixed anytime soon, let alone in a term.
I agree. However, he made the pledge. He needs to live up to it or admit that he is a liar.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77

Hey That sort of reads like a teleprompter!!!!
I wonder why that is??? Perhaps the puppet strings are showing?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

LOL, that would be two additional threads man. I don't do that many threads.

Originally posted by jam321Tell me what Congress has done in the last two years to help this economy move forward.
Congress? They have done allot. Of course, everything they have done has sabotaged any possibility of real growth. They have been real busy crapping on and shredding the Constitution though.

Originally posted by jam321Tell me what businesses have done to improve the economy. These two aside, there are many more reasons as to why this economy isn't growing as fast as it could.
If you were a private business owner, how confident would you feel in this business climate; especially when you are being demonized by the regime as THE PROBLEM.

Originally posted by jam321It doesn't live and die with one person.
It doesn't, BUT he made a pledge to fix it or be a one term president. He has FAILED! Let's move on. Preferably to Ron Paul.

Originally posted by jam321But as usual, you may continue your Blame it all on Obama thread.
Thank you.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
he made a pledge to fix it or be a one term president. He has FAILED! Let's move on. Preferably to Ron Paul.

I was wondering what 'pledge' you were referring to. So i looked it up. He didn't 'pledge' anything. He made the statement that if he doesnt turn the economy around, he will likley be held accountable by the public:

"My Presidency Will Be 'A One-Term Proposition'"

Yes, he was very wrong about his stimulus creating as may jobs as he had said it would. But to inaccurately claim that he promised to not seek a second term if it didnt work out is just dumb.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Disability Ranks Outpace New Jobs In Obama Recovery
More workers joined the federal government's disability program in June than got new jobs, according to two new government reports, a clear indicator of how bleak the nation's jobs picture is after three full years of economic recovery.
news.investors.com...
The good news is, disability now counts as a job 

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat

The good news is, disability now counts as a job 
Don't tell them that. They will start trying to count it.
This guy, bammy, is a complete tool; not that rombommy is any better. Both are beholden to TPTB. They certainly don't represent The People.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by The 5th

I agree. However, he made the pledge. He needs to live up to it or admit that he is a liar.

Well to be honest it is pretty much an impossible task so that one can be scratched of the list thing that will never happen.

Trying to get any member of government to admit they were wrong, or lying? There is more chance of China donating 90 billion.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
How could the U.S. get the economy going again? Put a $2 per pound import tax on all imported goods, excepting fuels and raw materials. Want to be excluded from the tax? -BUILD IT IN THE UNITED STATES! Use the collected tax duties to pay down the foreign debts, and to give low-interest loans to Manufacturers who want to invest in the U.S.. You would see the biggest take-off of the U.S. economy in history. The rest of the world is not going to stop buying American food, they like eating. Every dollar spent on Imports takes $7 out of the economy. Why do you think the U.S. Government has to borrow so much, tax so much, and is now resorting to printing money? It all leaks out through imports. It's the part of the Keynesian equation that neither party will ever talk about because they get campaign donations to ignore it. U.S. consumers buy cheap foreign goods, and in return the foreigners buy cheap U.S. Congressmen.
Don't give me that old Smoot-Hawley bloody-shirt argument, we had a huge trade surplus them, not a gargantuan trade deficit like we do now.
-Taxing by weight is better than by value, it's fixed(not debatable/hard to fudge), and the small microelectronics we don't make here anymore would be taxed less(they don't weigh much), and the heavy manufactured goods would be taxed more.

Thanks/the Management.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

"Therefore, as the Administration always stresses, it is important not to read too much into any one monthly report."

OF COURSE they continuously STRESS that BeeEss !!!

Well we can look at many reports and see the same trouble over and over and over !!!

Any "upswing" is very very short lived.

Now the people who all had good jobs and a normal life a few years ago will no longer listen to Obama Inc.

The public assistance programs are no where near the same money.

The normal people want the jobs back and don't want the chicken feed "help".

The generational and chronic assistance receivers don't care either way.

But there's more "new" receivers than old ones.

The White House is only preaching to their own choir.

This will all lead to a landslide for Romney.

They need to start getting at least 200,000 new jobs every month to ever get close to normal.

Fat chance of that happening time soon.

Obama is sinking fast and his supporters are getting real nervous.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

While it may help bommy, I don't see much difference between him and bammy. We need another "real" choice aside from a D and/or an R. They both serve their corporate masters.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

While it may help bommy, I don't see much difference between him and bammy. We need another "real" choice aside from a D and/or an R. They both serve their corporate masters.

xuenchen is a died in the wool partisan republican. You wont get much understanding from him on the subject.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Just one point. There will never be a landslide victory for Romney.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Tell me what Congress has done in the last two years to help this economy move forward. Tell me what businesses have done to improve the economy. These two aside, there are many more reasons as to why this economy isn't growing as fast as it could. It doesn't live and die with one person.

But as usual, you may continue your Blame it all on Obama thread.

Yes it's bigger than Obama, pointing out his blatant lies is not putting the blame on him, it's showing us how much of a complete puppet he is for special interests.

Your aware of how the Obama administration has blocked, ignored, and outright rejected congress in almost everything it does. Obama says he doesn't need congress to go to war, he has the UN. If congress wont pass a bill, he uses executive orders to bypass them before they even get a chance. Let's not forget the fact that most of congress is in bed with the same lobbyists as Obama, so If congress isn't doing anything guess why?

Private business not adding much to the economy? It doesn't take rocket science to figure out why this is happening. Most of our industry got bought out to ship their jobs overseas, then big box stores like Walmart, Bestbuy etc. use this to absorb the populations money taking it out of the communities and putting it into shareholders pockets, the same pockets that donate to Mr. Obama's campaign of broken promises and "change" for the worse.

He's the same as Bush and Clinton, business as usual. These frauds and the people behind them need to be exposed to the public.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

Well said. I agree completely. That was why I was irritated when my OP was shortened(though I understand he was required to do so). Listing all of those pronouncements month after month just showed the strings so clearly. How can the bammy supporters not understand it? Congress is also bought and paid for with the possible exception of of Ron Paul. If we are to have any chance of a political solution, Ron Paul is it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
And yet he's going to be reelected. It's absolutely amazing .. and a bit frightening. Then again .. those Maury, Springer, and Jersey Shore shows tell us the mental state of this country.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
And yet he's going to be reelected. It's absolutely amazing .. and a bit frightening. Then again .. those Maury, Springer, and Jersey Shore shows tell us the mental state of this country.
You're right. It is scary as hell, but he will be reelected. What the heck are we going to do?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join