It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Nugent wonders if U.S. would be better 'had the South won the Civil War'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well considering the amount the average person knows about the civil war very few people would be able to give it much thought. I don't count the B.S. they teach in school.... The south at that time was trying very hard to establish it's own aristocracy and the typical southerner was ill-educated. An attempt to concentrate power in the hands of a few "well bred" people. So Nugent's little rant matters little, if anything it is a bit short sighted. Just shows me either he A. bought into the lies told in general history OR B. he is just slinging racist trash. Either way I remain unimpressed at this as a non issue, rating up there with reparations for slavery.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ok Ted. I get it. Now go back to being a gun advocate and a musician.

Moron...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Given the fact that "the south" were democratic states, id so no there wouldn't be a difference if the south won. What its like right now might of came sooner if anything. To be honest I don't know what the hell im talking about lol. Who knows what if would be like had the south won.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I will accept your request to respect you as a man,
with out a history,
as you give us history lessons.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by strafgod

The fact that Southern progressivism, a notion that infected the Northern States since the Civil War, is the prime evil our nation deals with today, the fact that Ted is proposing that the south winning the Civil War would have made things better is laughable.

Teddy boy needs a history lesson or ten.

Anyone who says that the Civil War was about States Rights and ONLY states rights to avoid the issue of slavery is dead wrong and has not studied the Confederate Constitution.
edit on 6-7-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

just exactly where are we?, in a mess, because our so called strong central government, knows whats best for us and decides for us against our will, just like they try to decide for the rest of the world what they need, and see all the friends we make that way. everyone just loves Amerika.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Now, take it a step further. Let's say slavery ends either way, but rather than fight a civil war over the south leaving the union, the north just let's em' go.

Now what do these two countries look like?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Now, take it a step further. Let's say slavery ends either way, but rather than fight a civil war over the south leaving the union, the north just let's em' go.

Now what do these two countries look like?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Give history lessons? I didn't know mentioning a couple aspects of an event is giving lessons? You want a history lesson, for I will be happy to give one...

I am a man, with a history that is of my own... thank you.

I will accept you snide remarks and lose respect for you as a person with or with out a history, as you give us crap rhetoric that aims to distract from the topic at hand.

Man I love the ATS community, so many intelligent folks to converse with about such great topics, intellect at its finest.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by chopperswolf
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

just exactly where are we?, in a mess, because our so called strong central government, knows whats best for us and decides for us against our will, just like they try to decide for the rest of the world what they need, and see all the friends we make that way. everyone just loves Amerika.

Did I ever say anything contrary to what you have said? All I did was mention that the north was stronger because of a strong central government. If you want to get into the nuts and bolts of it, by all means... lets do so. This is a new age... there has been much added and many interpretations of a 'living constitution' that has lead to what we now have.

Here's something I've posted multiple times on ATS... check it out, you might just fall in love with it as I did, a great speech/lecture.

After watching this video, and knowing what I said about it... where do you NOW think I stand on the issue about the Federal Government?

I wish I could go just one day with out someone making some assumptions about my stances, based on a couple references. Did I say that I support what the US has turned in to? Did I say I support the means in which we've used to do so? Did I say that states should have no rights, and that the federal government is deserving of praise? No, no, and... wait for it... no.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
He's just a sad old doofus trying to remain relevant. I've got a buddy who has a weird man crush on Nugent.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
He's just a sad old doofus trying to remain relevant. I've got a buddy who has a weird man crush on Nugent.

a 'man crush' huh... lol!

"…Yeah they love me (in Japan) — they’re still assholes. These people they don’t know what life is. I don’t have a following, they need me; they don’t like me they need me… Foreigners are a******s; foreigners are scum; I don’t like ‘em; I don’t want ‘em in this country; I don’t want ‘em selling me doughnuts; I don’t want ‘em pumping my gas; I don’t want ‘em downwind of my life-OK? So anyhow, and I’m dead serious…"

How can you not have a crush on a man who says things like that!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

The civil war was not about slavery. Just another smear campaign. Slavery was already on it's way out.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I like the crap part,
I understand your bias.
Trained in the art of name calling,
then claim the party you called trash is calling you names.
I want to call Ted Nugent and idiot also, but I would be doing what media wants.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Did this moron stop to think that the civil war got rid of a little thing called slavery?

did it?....

did it really?

I'm still slaving away.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket

Originally posted by FractalChaos13242017

I thought the south wanted to be its own country and abandon the north.
If the south would have won there would just be 2 country's now.
The north did not want to lose the revenue from the south.

umm... I'm fairly certain an industrialized nation in bed with banking had enough revenue to make it through whatever. Plus, the North would have just reclaimed the South by now. Who are the banks going to loan to... Some slave holding buffoons, or some industry leading Jack Wagons?

I mean cmon... Robert E lee? Lets just think about his history with money for a second...

While you're at it, think about Foreign relations, and trying to ally with Europe while holding slaves at the time?

At least Stonewall Jackson wasn't all that much of a piece of trash... although that can be argued...

The war was not about slavery in the beginning.
So you would consider my family members that fought on the side of the south,
could also be trash?
My relatives were at the Battle of Chancellorsville,
where Stonewall Jackson was shot with friendly fire resulting in death 8 days later.
As far as history which side was your family on?

edit on 6-7-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

Very good, it was not about slavery in the beginning

No, my comment about trash was in regards to Mr. 'Stonewall' Jackson... good try on pulling my words out of context.

Just because your family fought along side him, does not equate them to Stonewall... although, I'm sure they took orders to kill men that were already defeated... which is despicable. If you don't agree... well, that's your opinion.

What side was my family on? Psh... does it matter? I'm me... never meet my father, and only having a loving relationship with my mother who I disagree with often enough as it is. Address who I am, and what I say please.

I will accept your request to respect you as a man,
with out a history,
as you give us history lessons.

Give history lessons? I didn't know mentioning a couple aspects of an event is giving lessons? You want a history lesson, for I will be happy to give one...

I am a man, with a history that is of my own... thank you.

I will accept you snide remarks and lose respect for you as a person with or with out a history, as you give us crap rhetoric that aims to distract from the topic at hand.

Man I love the ATS community, so many intelligent folks to converse with about such great topics, intellect at its finest.

I like the crap part,
I understand your bias.
Trained in the art of name calling,
then claim the party you called trash is calling you names.
I want to call Ted Nugent and idiot also, but I would be doing what media wants.

Crap, and I stand by it...

I understand every perception is guided by lenses of bias', I doubt you understand mine, as I surely don't yours.

Name calling? Your rhetoric as crap, and your comments towards me as snide... that's not name calling, that's what it is. Crap, as in substandard, and snide as in indirectly mocking my removed reverence for my personal family history. I come from a line of great men(mother's side, again... don't know father), they are who they are and I have all but been removed from their presence since shortly after birth. I am me, my own history... and just a reflection of the spirits left behind(too over the head?)

I DID NOT call any 'party' as trash, I called one man trash... and it wasn't you, or any of your family members. Get it?

Oh, and BTW... what I said was...

At least Stonewall Jackson wasn't all that much of a piece of trash... although that can be argued...

Implying that I don't think that he was to be considered outright trash, but I wouldn't hold it against a person who did so. Not talking about you, a party, or your family.... still don't get it?

Remember when I said...

No, my comment about trash was in regards to Mr. 'Stonewall' Jackson... good try on pulling my words out of context.

You still didn't get it? Your comments have been denied of ignorance, now what's to blame? I hope you get that part...

Pathetic

edit on 6-7-2012 by FractalChaos13242017 because: additional comment

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

It would be easier just to say you don't like the way I talk.
Are you done with me yet.

edit on 6-7-2012 by Gmoneycricket because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Seriously? An escapist approach now, after initiating trash talking due to a lack of comprehension, and after the denial of ignorance. Wise move...

Do you have any comments about 'tariffs of abomination', protectionist tariffs, trade agreements with Europe, or the over all economic landscape between the years of 1820's to the 60's? Maybe a little in regards to moral homogeneity, and central government dictating the law of the land? Maybe touch base on what Hamilton, Jefferson, and Madison had to say about such things? Please, anything that adds value to this thread... anything!

Here's a fun source:
eh.net...

let me know what you think, I truly look forward to your opinions!

edit on Sat Jul 7 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Sad part is the site seems to confirm,
what Ted Nugent said.

edit on Sat Jul 7 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

I also believe the country would be better off if the south had won the war. Slavery still would have been abolished and freedom would have prevailed longer than it did. My personal opinion is that our country started to go downhill after the civil was with the creation of big government.

The southern states wanted the right to govern themselves. I honestly believe if they had freed the slaves and then started the war they may have gotten the support from more of the northerners. They were fighting for freedom and since then it has been lost. But like I said, that's just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join