It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyprus Asks Russia for €5 Billion Loan

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Cyprus has been an espionage hub since at least the Cold War, and probably longer. At one time, you could see CIA and KGB having a nice dinner and trading state secrets to one another over dinner, each hoping to give up just enough bait to catch a bigger fish from the other side, then get up in the morning and take the same flight to Budapest, Odessa, Berlin or Vienna.

She's had a long association with both sides, but being closer to Russia physically, it's no wonder, really, that is the direction she would turn in now.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I do love that song !

BTW, do you believe Tuvalu will be joining the ranks of the oppressed, that fight the Zionist hordes ?

I have family there.....................

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
If I were the Russians, I would GIVE Cyprus the 5 billion in exchange for being allowed to setup a comibination Naval Base / Airfield on the island.

Cyprus is in a hugely strategic area, both for coverage of the Mediterranean area and the Middle East, as well as close to North Africa and Southern Europe.

Would be a wet dream for Vlad Putin.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

"Russia and Cyprus have historical ties. It is the reason the US told Turkey to invade Cyprus in the first place. Russia was considering stationing nukes on Cyprus during the Cold War, the same way they did in Cuba and Europe/West wouldnt allow it. "

What a load of rubbish, Cyprus was owned by her majesty Queen Elizabeth II at that point, it was British overseas territory, protected by Her majesty's mighty British forces. (part of it still is)

Why would Russia and more importantly, how could Russia place nukes on a UK military controlled island?

As a prisoner you should know more about the might of the British Empire, more so than others!
edit on 7-7-2012 by dmsuse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Why wouldn't they harbor both sides? It puts them in the perfect position to play both side off each other.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Before you people start discussing and making speculations about Russia giving a 5 billion loan to Cyprus...

First you should go and read and learn some history from war events (so you know what you are talking about)

Second, read some news about the current economic situation in Cyprus! Not from third parties but from actual Cypriot News (yes they are translated and in English)

So people before you go on and talk as if you know things... please first do your research!! Then you can discuss with facts!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join