It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyprus Asks Russia for €5 Billion Loan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Cyprus Asks Russia for €5 Billion Loan

online.wsj.com

The close ties between Nicosia and Moscow have raised some concerns within the European Union, partly because of Russia's reluctance to take more serious steps against the bloody repression of opposition forces by the governing regime in Syria.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com
investmentwatchblog.com
translate.google.com

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
We see Russia is as active as every nation feared but declined to inform the public as to its intentions and extent into becoming a key player within the European and regional conflict zones. The recent events and if they are approved and all indications suggest that Russia will approve the 5+billion loan to Cyprus will provide the political muscle for Moscow to establish itself within Cyprus along side the other regionally strategically placed bases, both on a political scale and military scale.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Russia and Cyprus have historical ties. It is the reason the US told Turkey to invade Cyprus in the first place. Russia was considering stationing nukes on Cyprus during the Cold War, the same way they did in Cuba and Europe/West wouldnt allow it.

This will cause Turkey to get involved again, as the US/Europe wont allow another Russian Naval base in the Mediterranean.

Cyrpus has more luck aligning with Russia economically than Europe to be honest.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Why don't the Cypriots borrow money from Israel having sold their backside to it several time in the last few years?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Thats what the IMF is for.

Why don't they go there? They have a fund of 456 billion. Thats what its for. Economic development isn't it?

But what do they need 40 dollars for?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Russia should just give Syria the 4 Billion it owes to Iran since Iran and Syria are such buddy buddies

Iran Demands $4 Bln From Russia Over Canceled Missile Deal

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Russia should just give Syria the 4 Billion it owes to Iran since Iran and Syria are such buddy buddies

That sounds like Israeli propaganda. You might like to know that liberated Egypt is forging brotherly links with Iran to confront the Zionofascist terror enclave. I believe Tunis is joining the ranks of the brave and hopefully Syria will also fall into line.

Viva Palestina!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
That sounds like Israeli propaganda.

I'm not Israeli. Must be your over active imagination.

You might like to know that liberated Egypt is forging brotherly links with Iran to confront the Zionofascist terror enclave.

Thanks for the tip

I believe Tunis is joining the ranks of the brave and hopefully Syria will also fall into line.

I appreciate you sharing your beliefs.

Viva Palestina!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm not Israeli. Must be your over active imagination.

Who said you are Israeli?

Viva Palestina!!!
edit on 7-7-2012 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
Russia and Cyprus have historical ties. It is the reason the US told Turkey to invade Cyprus in the first place. Russia was considering stationing nukes on Cyprus during the Cold War, the same way they did in Cuba and Europe/West wouldnt allow it.

This will cause Turkey to get involved again, as the US/Europe wont allow another Russian Naval base in the Mediterranean.

Cyrpus has more luck aligning with Russia economically than Europe to be honest.

Don't talk such crap, Cyprus is ex-British Empire and still has 2 large British Soverign areas in Cyprus. do you really think that during the Cold war Cyprus would consider harbouring enimies from both sides of the conflict. I have never heard such rubbish.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

That sounds like Israeli propaganda. You might like to know that liberated Egypt is forging brotherly links with Iran to confront the Zionofascist terror enclave. I believe Tunis is joining the ranks of the brave and hopefully Syria will also fall into line.

Viva Palestina!!!

Didn't the Arabs try that "gang up and encircle" strategy once before?

What was the score on that last attempt again?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Viva Palestina!!!

Since we're now speaking about Arab-Israeli relations in Spanish for some unfathomable reason, I heard a rumor that the Israelis have a message to the Arab Springers: "Si vienes por esta puerta te mato."

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Didn't the Arabs try that "gang up and encircle" strategy once before?

What was the score on that last attempt again?

No they did not. All wars except for the 1973 war was started by Israel and its European Allies.

The zionist myth peddles the idea that hordes of armed Arabs try to invade them which is untrue.

1947-48 Hungarian and eastern European terrorist gangs armed by France descended up on the Palestinians and ethnic cleansed them.

1967 - Israel attacked all it neighbours because it had an "existential" fear that its post colonial neighbours were conspiring to attack it. It kicked off the war by false flagging the sinking of the USS Liberty.

1982 - Israel invaded the Lebanon and raped the country, committed war crimes and it is suspected that it organised the truck bombing of the American base.

2006 - Israel invaded the Lebanon in its attempt to steal the Litani River and killed thousands of civilians.

2008 - Israel assaulted Gaza and killed 3500 civilians and destroyed the infrastructure and imposes an embargo on Gaza to this day.

In between these outrages, Israel commits assassinations, kidnappings, bombings, poisonings, etc to all its neighbours.

Israel has not fought a war in its existence without assistance from the US, France and the UK at one time or another.

5000 well armed Hisbullah fighters in Southern Lebanon confronted 40,000 Israeli invaders in 2006, the zionists were systematically pussified.

Israel now has its gun sights on the Lebanon again and is already selling off the land around the Litani River to Israel agrocommerce companies.
edit on 7-7-2012 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Viva Palestina!!!

Since we're now speaking about Arab-Israeli relations in Spanish for some unfathomable reason, I heard a rumor that the Israelis have a message to the Arab Springers: "Si vienes por esta puerta te mato."

Israel always makes big claims and issues elaborate messages that change nothing. It will have to go and I offer New York state as a place they could settle.

I would just laugh my head off if I ever saw the reactions of Americans when they have deal with this zionist creatures up close.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

So none of the middle east wars have been Israelis vs. Arabs? I made no judgement as to who started them, nor do I care. I was specifically referring to an apparent Arab strategy in the wars, one which you assert they are going to try again, and commenting on the effectiveness of their strategy.

So what WAS that score when the dust settled?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Why don't the Cypriots borrow money from Israel having sold their backside to it several time in the last few years?

Currently Cyprus is playing its hand at the poker table as for if its going to come out a winner remains to be seen and rests upon if its government can solidify its borders from foreign intrusions. It is a well known fact that cyprus is one of the hub's for international spies and information transactions by the current superpowers. Who ever is schooled in observation can witness what ive mentioned although i wouldn't recommend doing it if for some reason you find yourself over there unless your there for the intended purposes. A common trade mark is fluency in multiple languages.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketman7

Thats what the IMF is for.

Why don't they go there? They have a fund of 456 billion. Thats what its for. Economic development isn't it?

But what do they need 40 dollars for?

Hmm..the IMF has nothing to do with bailouts of any sort, other than it being a legitimate international loan shark. To verify my post simply google its past history and nations it has entered and you will have your answer.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Israel always makes big claims and issues elaborate messages that change nothing.

Well THERE is an unusual feature in middle east politics! For example, you just never hear any of that sort of hyperbole coming out of the Arab politicians, do you?

It will have to go and I offer New York state as a place they could settle.

I would just laugh my head off if I ever saw the reactions of Americans when they have deal with this zionist creatures up close.

Suits me. I never lost anything in New York, and can't figure out any logical reason to go there.

What does a "zionist creature" look like? How many legs does one have? Does it have fur or scales? Just what sort of creature is a "zionist creature"?

What was that word I used above.... lemme check... oh yeah! "hyperbole"! it's a good word. You should learn it!

The phrase "zionofascist terror enclave" is another excellent example of "hyperbole", in case you ever get interested in learning about it.

edit on 2012/7/7 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Well THERE is an unusual feature in middle east politics! For example, you just never hear any of that sort of hyperbole coming out of the Arab politicians, do you?

And your point is?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

My point?

I'll put a finer point on it, and maybe it will stick better...

My point is that it's not as much a one sided street as you attempt to paint it.

Israel isn't by herself in making "big claims" and issuing "elaborate messages that change nothing. "

But you already knew that, now didn't you?

Maybe it's just a middle eastern thang, and you wouldn't understand.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join