It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reverse discrimination at your job centre. How is this leaflet acceptable? (United Kingdom)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
I love in a multi- ethnic community, and everyone discriminates, but only whites are punished for it.

Time to end these ethnic preference if they can't evenly enforce the laws

Only if they can't evenly enforce the law or even if they did? Honestly what should never happen is discrimination laws or no laws, however it seems it does hence the laws, And no not only white people are punished, everyone suffers because of it. And everyone else none so called white people have already suffered enough.

I would love to see the day when people where hired in blind meaning you have to hire based on credentials and interviews took place via computer perhaps that did not take ethnicity into account. UK are known for wanting pictures of people on CVs. I mean seriously does it matter what I look like unless I'm applying to become a model? If you are worried about people being clean and presentable well then it could be written in the contract . Also most employers have a 6 month trial period in any case...

If you want discrimination to stop, stop being discriminating in everything you do. (a general statement not pointed at anyone in particular). However most people who have never experienced discrimination directed against them would be more than happy to carry on as is. So perhaps that they now see the dark side of discrimination might not be such a bad thing over all. Because when everyone are discriminated against one way or another then perhaps we will all agree it favours none.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by ultimatefighter2014

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Argyll
I think we both agree on that point, however, I direct you back to my earlier post, In areas of Manchester, white people are in a minority, and are disadvantaged......would a leaflet presented in the local job centre, asking for white only applicants be acceptable?.....yes or no?

And herein lies the crux of the issue that those who support such "affirmative" action will simply refuse to even acknowledge.

Of course it wouldn't be acceptable and rightly so, just as this thing being done in Leeds isn;t acceptable. I also find it odd that they are referring to Black and Asians as the minority in Leeds.... I've been to Leeds, if they are going to claim that, you might as well say Birmingham is an Anglo-Saxon stronghold...

No offense but tone it down a bit, you come of as a pyscho nazi skin head.

No I don't, don't be stupid. Please explain exactly how I come across as a, quote, "pyscho nazi skin head"? This should be fun...

Quite what a pyscho is, however, I haven't a clue.

"proud englishman"
"glorious england"
and the general theme for you disgusting eurocentric posts, dont play dumb nazi.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
I think your thread will appear as a Daily Mail (Fail) article very soon.

This is discrimination. They wouldn't dare produce one saying for whites only. There would be uproar.

'They' would be a charity. If someone wants to go through the process of proving there's a particular group of white people in the area that would benefit from a charity, they are free to set up such a charity.

If you do a search for 'charities unemployed Leeds' you will find many charities that target unemployed people of all races.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

There are a lot of poor white people as well... poverty doesn't have a colour.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultimatefighter2014

You truly are scum.

Such a well thought out post. Thanks for enlightening me with your opinion on the subject, you have made a real difference to the discussion

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3
i think you using the word discrimination may be a bit to far. I understand it.
But you have to know that minorities have a higher unemployment rate, a lower education rate and live in much higher poverty rates compared to whites.

So if they need to make a minority only event to help people so be it.

When in the hell did black become a minorit in the UK ? Some areas it's spot the white guy.

This job ad is most definately discriminating against white people and I wouldn't mind betting the employer is some quango or charity with access to nice grants courtesy of the tax payer.

I get really pissed off of late with Black and Minority being sold as an ill defined bundle, If I was an employer and advertised for a white person the Black community would be cleaning out argos again.

What is noteable is that the inclusion of Black with Minority group is a subtle way of excluding minority groups like Scots in England or Ginger people etc.

Many minority are so out of choice they or their parents have chosen to leave their own country and come to the UK and fleece the native population for every penny and because so many of them don't even have the courtesy to learn the language the do gooders rob the tax payer again to set up special groups and jobs for them,

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ultimatefighter2014

"proud englishman" "glorious england" and the general theme for you disgusting eurocentric posts, dont play dumb nazi.

Since when has it been racist to be a "Proud Englishman" or to consider this country "Glorious England"?

You might want to watch how you address other members if you plan on sticking around.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

But you have to know that minorities have a higher unemployment rate, a lower education rate and live in much higher poverty rates compared to whites.

When in the hell did black become a minorit in the UK ? Some areas it's spot the white guy.

This job ad is most definately discriminating against white people and I wouldn't mind betting the employer is some quango or charity with access to nice grants courtesy of the tax payer.

I get really pissed off of late with Black and Minority being sold as an ill defined bundle, If I was an employer and advertised for a white person the Black community would be cleaning out argos again.

What is noteable is that the inclusion of Black with Minority group is a subtle way of excluding minority groups like Scots in England or Ginger people etc.

Many minority are so out of choice they or their parents have chosen to leave their own country and come to the UK and fleece the native population for every penny and because so many of them don't even have the courtesy to learn the language the do gooders rob the tax payer again to set up special groups and jobs for them,

The white population in the uk was 90% on the 2001 census, making backs and asians the minority, just because some areas look to have many black people doesn't mean they aren't a minority.

Also this is not a job ad! It's a leaflet for a charity. If people continue to be so outraged by the target this charity has, they could always set up their own, or at least investigate this one properly to see how it is funded before going off on one about Tax payers etc.

edit on 7-7-2012 by DrHammondStoat because: corrected census date.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Bit glib, that reply. I'm very doubtful that you would get charitable status if your mission statement was just about helping poor white kids. Actually, I'm positive you would get turned down.
Face it, this charity is balls, a scam its racist.

I don't like all the Nazi rubbish that gets peddled, and this is of a similar ilk.

Public money shouldn't be used for divisive schemes. There is no analogy to the rspca, women's shelters or anything else, this is about colour, nothing more.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmsuse
Well no, Britain conquored all those territories to claim ownership. That is different from being a parasite, like you

edit on 7-7-2012 by dmsuse because: (no reason given)

Good post, this is the difference!

These countries were built by white Europeans, only to have their descendants passed over in employment in favor of people that left their own countries to take advantage of the very people that created that opportunity.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Matteredminds

hello, its definitely a small world, your the 3rd person in the last week that i've found on here that only lives a few miles away, i hope i see more to come too,

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Its still discrimination. It makes no difference how high the unemployment rates are.

I do agree with the opening post. We need to be equal and positively discriminating against people is not the key to getting people into jobs. The people offering the courses are leaving themselves open to civil proceedings.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder

racist low life- treat people as individuals, there are plenty of unemployed white people but you see people as "groups" or "races", I thought your kind died out in the 50s

Woah I didn't intend my post to be racist and I don't quite understand how you saw it that way.

I thought it was common knowledge that minority's are generally worse of then white people.(bunch of facts out there)
Because of how they were treated and seen which led to the problems there facing today trying to get equal footing as human beings.
When you take that and all the history in to account how can the OP and others still get in such a rage about this?
Statistically they have far to few opportunities compared to whites.
How many other leaflets have you seen where race isn't mentioned? I bet practically all the others.
Sure by definition its discrimination and quite honestly its a pathetic attempt at reversing the numbers
We have come such a long way in such a short period of time (Im talking about the USA which still had legalized segregation in the mid 1960s! crazy)
We still have a long way to go and being all PC about it just makes it worse.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
From a long time reader, first time poster, Well Done Op Good Find.
I saw something similar, a good few months back, in my local job center, but thats another thread.
This is discrimination, anyone can see that.
Is it offensive though, I don't think it is. Do you .
Look after your own !, that's only natural. But, in a City like Leeds, I can truly understand, how minorities are feeling the pressure
edit on 7-7-2012 by MrRobertson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

Are you sure this about 'race'?

Maybe the Authorities just need more people other than 'white' working in this area!!

I'm in a Business now where its very tough for me to get recognized as it is mainly a 'White English' Business... and i've had girls turn me down just because their parents said so.... and yes I am English, British... I'm not Black and I'm not White.... so you figure it out....

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Are you sure this about 'race'?

Maybe the Authorities just need more people other than 'white' working in this area!!

I'm in a Business now where its very tough for me to get recognized as it is mainly a 'White English' Business... and i've had girls turn me down just because their parents said so.... and yes I am English, British... I'm not Black and I'm not White.... so you figure it out....

I really don't want to be rude but you have never been to Leeds have you
Leeds is one of this Country's shining examples of multicultural enhancement

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuclear12346
It could very well be reverse discrimination, or a group organized to target this minority group because unemployment among that group is nearly twice as high the national average.

Add this onto the fact that those under age 24 have incredibly high unemployment.

Then unemployment by education.

Just think for a minute if unemployment was 25% or higher (U6) among the entire nation. That is the reality and crisis that faces these minority groups specifically.

I have no problem with this because it is targeting a huge problem group, being minority and young with little to no education. This group needs help desperately or they will simply drag down our system by overusing social safety nets.

It may and probably is frustrating as hell to see programs like this targeting these groups, but the numbers don't lie about the fact that they need help far beyond the average person.

#All these stats are referring to the U.S aren't they??? This was about the UK you tool...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

This is not true in the UK.

Blacks and whites live in same area, are taught the same and are subject to the same poverty as whites.

This may be different in other countries.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

wouldn't reverse discrimination be acceptance?

it's still discrimination if it happens to white people, same as if it happens to blacks or asians or one religious sect or another.

i don't know where the term "reverse discrimination" came from, but it's ridiculous.

and frankly, yes, if they are excluding other races it is discrimination, and if you are interested in what the leaflet is offering i would insist on being allowed to apply if i were you. however, i don't know how that works in your country, what the laws say i mean.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Better get used to it. White people will be the new minority's soon.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join