posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:43 PM
So I was talking to a couple of my nephews (15&17 yrs old) this weekend and began chatting about the 2012 end of days thing and what they thought of
it. They said they didn't know what to believe but that it would be "cool" if pandemonium happened and every man for himself would apply. I told
them "First off, I don't believe that the world ends this year, and secondly No... it would not be cool..." lol, then began to explain and give
them some examples of why SHTF would not be a fun thing.
I got to thinking and recalling that even people on ATS have the same idea as my nephews, who in my opinion, are too young and dumb to know any
better. But some people should know better, I think that some people actually want a global event to shake us back to ground zero, they actually hope
and wish for it. They think it'd bring some excitement to their mundane lives, but I think that they're wrong and that they should be praying and
wishing that things stay mainly the same.
This thread is to list or give examples of why SHTF is a bad thing, and to illustrate why people should WANT the opposite.
Be it by nuke war disaster, solar flare destruction, asteroid apocalypse, mayan aliens invading, or whatever you want. SHTF would cause mass panic,
and mass panic leads to mass chaos.
These are the points I gave my nephews if a global disaster would ensue, these points apply to us because we live in a big city, may not apply to
smaller cities or rural areas...
- First - an event would happen and mass death would occur, those deaths might actually be the lucky people.
- Hospitals would fill up
- There would be a water/food shortage.
- People would riot and raid stores for all of the food.
- People would kill each other over living supplies
- Desperate people would attempt to invade your homes for supplies
- Electric power might not be available, no fridge, a/c, no tv, no internet, etc
- Disaster might make our tap water toxic and living conditions would plummet.
- When you ran out of food to feed your family, what would you do? Go hunting in the city?
- Gas for your vehicle would probably run out, would you walk everywhere? Bike?
We went on to talk about if police would still be willing to do their jobs, doctors, politicians. Would money become obsolete? If there was mass
global death, who would pick up all the bodies? How would we stop disease?
The conversation kept going and going and they agreed that it's much better to hope that things stay as they are. What's better than waking up to a
blue sky, going to work, having seemingly never ending supply of food supply, water, going home and sitting on your couch with your family.
If you wish to add to SHTF scenarios and why things would go terribly sour, please do so. Show the world why true disaster isn't a video game one
should desire to play