It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where does the theory of "Ascension" in 2012 come from?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Why do people believe that on December 21, 2012, we'll all ascend to another dimension, a place where we'll be truly free--free from oppression, age and disease--and possess godlike abilities? Why does this belief seem to be so prevalent? Where does the idea come from? The Mayans? Terence McKenna? From all that I have seen and read, that does not seem to be the case. So who came up with the idea of Ascension? Is this some sort of New Age scheme to sell books and DVDs? Or is there real substance behind this theory? Can anyone tell me, or show me something? Anything?

I like the way this man explains it. But it is just his thoughts on the matter.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Don't quote me on this, but I think there is a prophecy (perhaps by the Mayans) that claims that our Earth will align with the "center of the Universe or Galaxy" and that we will receive a beam of pure cosmic energy (whatever that is) which will fuel us enough to evolve our consciousness.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You know I've never stopped and asked where this theory come from. Thanks for doing it OP. It's pretty out there, you would think after all my ATS browsing I would have seen the answer at some point.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't have the foggiest! It is an idea that I can entertain though as well as sounding downright awesome! Terrence Mckenna dug the timewave zero collective conscious climax idea more I believe, he also believed that time was going to.. how can I explain.. rebound? but who knows what his thoughts were as he died?
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Personally, I think people watched too much Stargate Sg1. Don't get me wrong I loved that show but that's all I picture when people talk about ascension. I mean there are several threads about a real life stargates and all that so it would seem plausible.

edit on 6-7-2012 by furling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Seriously? Nobody knows? I've been trying to dig around and find the source of the idea, but I'm not having any luck whatsoever. It had to have come from somewhere, right? A lot of people believe in it. Wholeheartedly.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Ascension never had anything to do with 2012 it's just 2 diff theories brought together to further confuse the masses of the real truth. first research ascension forget about the man made time keeping modern man has no clue how to see real time.

personally i think ascension is rooted in Buddhism.

Ascension is a process that allows beings to be able to separate from their physical bodies and to live eternally as pure energy in a superior plane with greater amount of knowledge and power. It can be a mental, spiritual or evolutionary process—a direct result of obtaining a certain level of wisdom and knowledge as a civilization.

The Ancients were the first race to ascend and some of them, such as Oma Desala, attempted to teach the "lowers" to ascend without the use of technology. Dr. Daniel Jackson speculated that this is what the Earth religion of Buddhism is based on, and that Oma is Mother Nature along with the other Ancients as spirits.

stargate.wikia.com...
edit on 7/6/2012 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

edit on 6-7-2012 by heretic013 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2012 by heretic013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Seriously? Nobody knows? I've been trying to dig around and find the source of the idea, but I'm not having any luck whatsoever. It had to have come from somewhere, right? A lot of people believe in it. Wholeheartedly.

It might have started from here
en.wikipedia.org...

Don't really know, it's not my cup of tea.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I know with religion is talks of ascension to get into heaven. Vikings had the rain brow bridge to asgard, islam also has a story wherein a light bridge is formed..and people are walking/running/crawling on it to get into heaven.

This mayan concept of ascension is probably what religion has been trying to tell us all along..but with more specifics, and an actual date.

There is always someone thinking, then again there is also someone knowing

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I guess Ascension is just a big hoax, then. But unfortunately, the New World Order agenda is real.

No hope for the future. No future but slavery. I want someone to prove me otherwise. Or try to convince me. Give me hope before I blow my brains out.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
It might stem from a characteristic of the age of aquarius. I'll do some looking around and see if I can dig something up.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
"Eridanus is depicted as a river flowing from the waters poured by Aquarius"

"Eridanus is connected to the myth of Phaëton, who took over the reins of his father Helios' sky chariot (i.e., the Sun), but didn't have the strength to control it and so veered wildly in different directions, scorching both earth and heaven. Zeus intervened by striking Phaëton dead with a thunderbolt and casting him to earth. The constellation was supposed to be the path Phaëton drove along; in later times, it was considered a path of souls."

en.wikipedia.org...

Hmm. Kinda sounds like what's going on with the heat. The Earth sure is getting scorched!

Anyway, it seems to me that people who ascend will walk the path of souls...which Aquarius pours onto the Earth.

edit on 6-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I first encountered the idea in a book called the Celestine Prophecy. The I started seeing it online when I was looking into a lot of new age ideas

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
From what I understand via Mayan and native theory, it is more about spiritual changes than physical. Getting to become more human than we are right now. Learning how to spiritually evolve from being two legged animals to progressive human beings. I have a link for a video that I will post below. It is rather long and seems to be off topic, but it hits right on the head and explained a lot of things for me and answered a lot of my questions about this topic.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hi ascend fans.

IF and ONLY IF you trust the way Edgar Cayce got his information,
then go see the link in the 2nd line of my signature.

That is where the "3rd density" up to 2012, and
"4th densitiy" for 2012 and after comes from.

Blue skies.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Why do people believe that on December 21, 2012, we'll all ascend to another dimension, a place where we'll be truly free--free from oppression, age and disease--and possess godlike abilities? Why does this belief seem to be so prevalent? Where does the idea come from? The Mayans? Terence McKenna? From all that I have seen and read, that does not seem to be the case. So who came up with the idea of Ascension? Is this some sort of New Age scheme to sell books and DVDs? Or is there real substance behind this theory? Can anyone tell me, or show me something? Anything?

I like the way this man explains it. But it is just his thoughts on the matter.

many mystics have. i literally read something from a mystic from the 30's talking about ascension waves and # hitting earth around this time. i'll try really hard to find this and edit it in. but really it goes way back. The vedas spoke of a ten thousand year golden age(what may not be referring to ascension, if thats even real) 5 thousand years after Krishna left. which was around 5000 thousand years ago lol. The bible makes mention of ascension, this has been labelled as the rapture by the evangelical churches

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
People who really really like Stargate SG-1. That's where it comes from.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Everyone just wants a raise this year. We've been in a depression for four years now.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Ba dum tsssss?

Second line.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join