It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow/smoke beings draining your energy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Hmm, interesting. I have heard quite a bit about shadow people as well. Unfortunately, what I saw in my doorway wasn't a shadow person. It had features and textures etc. I have learned A LOT though in my search for answers. I have learned a lot about stuff I never would have even thought of or questioned. Perhaps that's all it came to do..encourage me to look below the surface of things.
edit on 8-7-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Could it have been a Yūrei, what the Japanese call ghosts ?

Yūrei are frequently depicted as being accompanied by a pair of floating flames or will o' the wisps (hitodama in Japanese) in eerie colors such as blue, green, or purple. These ghostly flames are separate parts of the ghost rather than independent spirits.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

This is a copy and paste from what I wrote on another thread but felt it relevant here

"I had a similar experience around 13 years ago when I was 15. I was laying in bed watching x-files when I suddenly felt trapped in my body, paralyzed and every time I tried to move it hurt and there was only what I can describe as a high pitched noise to accompany the pain. I struggled to even move my eyes and when I did I saw a bald brown headed creature with large eyes looking at me through my bedroom doorway. After what seemed like 30 minutes I was able to 'break free' from the paralysis and as soon as I did my tv was on channel 00 with static, which with those old cable boxes we had then you couldn't go to 00. I was very sore and exhausted as well, like you stated. I finally settled with the sleep paralysis idea, but it was definitely something I will never forget. Still can't figure out the tv channel thing though, that will just stay a mystery."

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
For those on the religious side........

Bishop James Long, pastor of St. Christopher Old Catholic Church in Louisville, Kentucky, has studied demonology for years and knows Shadow People well – to him they are something evil. “Shadow People must be taken seriously and they can be quite dangerous,” he said. “When a human spirit tries to manifest itself, its form is black, or otherwise known as Shadow. It is energy trying to manifest itself so that it can appear to have the physical characteristics it had when living on earth.” These entities can move, communicate, and attack, drawing energy from their human victim. “Certainly Shadows that attack are demonic in nature and should be avoided at all times,” Long said. “I would strongly encourage anyone who witnesses a dark Shadow to be careful.”

The Lurking Shadow People

Its too bad more people have not investigated this phenomena. I feel for those who have sleep disorders, as I believe they might be more inclined to have visits, by these "things".

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Interesting, I have never heard of those before. Mine looked very alien--not like a gray alien or anything--just like something I've never seen or imagined before.

It doesn't help that I was diagnosed with cancer a few weeks after the encounter as well. I have heard a range of theories from "it was your disease taking on a persona and confronting you" to "it was your angel coming to protect you" and even "it was death waiting, knowing you were soon to die"

I've heard em all haha.

Here's the weird part. Since that episode. I absolutely cannot, not ever, leave my bedroom door open. It must always be closed or I will completely freak out. Furthermore, every time I wake up, I immediately check my bedroom door to make sure it's still closed. Yeah, I've been traumatized and scarred haha. But not exactly in a bad way. I don't fear this thing. I just keep expecting it to show up or something and I want to be ready.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

The one I saw when I was a kid reminds me of SarnholeOntarable's profile pic in a way.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Thescripter

Oh that one haha. Yeah, that is kind of creepy to me. Was it all smiling and happy like the photo? That thing still creeps me out every time I see it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Actually yea, it was grinning more than smiling though. It didn't look exactly like that, but it reminds me of it...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Thescripter

Well, If I had to compare my sighting to anything...(and this is quite amusing)...I would say it was like a tall Jawa (from the Star Wars universe) with some slight differences.

It had large black, translucent eyes. It's face reminded me of an ant or something insect-like. It also wore a black cloak with purple trim.

Here's a Jawa for reference and chuckles:

airandspace.si.edu...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

The height of a jawa would be about right for mine too. So that's what they look under the hood huh? haha

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Here's the weird part. Since that episode. I absolutely cannot, not ever, leave my bedroom door open. It must always be closed or I will completely freak out. Furthermore, every time I wake up, I immediately check my bedroom door to make sure it's still closed. Yeah, I've been traumatized and scarred haha. But not exactly in a bad way. I don't fear this thing. I just keep expecting it to show up or something and I want to be ready.

Don't feel bad. I had to sleep with a light on. Not a night light. Till I was 10.

I couldn't leave my room. You have to understand, This was NIGHTLY. Father would not call a priest. He was ashamed. Took me to a doctor though. I would see these things 11pm to 4am. Once and a while I would see them in the shadows, in the afternoon. All the curtains in the house, would have to be open. I did get rid of them, or so it seemed. In a waking moment I chased the thing out of my house. Right out the house,at 3am. I screamed, dont EVER come back. Turned a corner of the house, it was gone. Just like that. I did try standing up to the thing(s), when I was younger, but it wouldn't leave. Even now, telling you the story, It gives me the creeps. You cant make up torment, like this.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah, I don't feel bad. And I, too, still to this day cannot go to sleep in total darkness. I have to have some soft, ambient light, a lit candle, or some TV glare before I feel "safe" enough to fall asleep haha.

I'm not ashamed to admit it. There are some pretty scary things going on in the dark. Every little kid knows this too

I can't sleep in the darkness because I know something is there watching me when I'm vulnerable. I can't see it. But dang, it's hard not to feel like something is there. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Same here - I prefer to have a tv on just so the room feels alive. lol. We are a buncha scardie cats I guess. Where I grew up until I was 8, if you turned the porch light off on a cloudy night, it was pitch black. Terrifying to have to walk out at night around a few acres of semi wooded areas and feed all our animals after hours alone as a kid with a cheap dim flashlight. Of course with antennae tv back then the one channel we picked up showed Unsolved Mysteries every night and that really didn't help at all.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
reply to post by sonnny1

Yeah, I don't feel bad. And I, too, still to this day cannot go to sleep in total darkness. I have to have some soft, ambient light, a lit candle, or some TV glare before I feel "safe" enough to fall asleep haha.

I'm not ashamed to admit it. There are some pretty scary things going on in the dark. Every little kid knows this too

I can't sleep in the darkness because I know something is there watching me when I'm vulnerable. I can't see it. But dang, it's hard not to feel like something is there. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

No problem. I can now sleep with total darkness. I don't think there's a cure to it though. Just "I'm not taking it any more." I do know this though. Children,have remarkable skills, that they are not aware of. More perceptible to the ills in the dark. My Daughter told me what she saw, and I believed her immediately. Like I said, I hope its not something that follows through the Generations of my family. My Sister, who believes in nothing of the paranormal, believes in this, but would never admit it. She too, saw things in that old house. The same things. She only spoke of it once, and never spoke of it again.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I'm here because I saw your post in Smyleegirls thread.
I wont copy and paste my ginormous reply, but if your interested go and have a gander.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It basically just addresses the problems I've faced surrounding sleep.

The shadows I've seen while awake are another kettle of fish all together. Some things you just don't expect when your having a drink in the house with a mate. I don't know what's worse, the fact that I saw it or the fact we both saw it. Least he could go home, I had to live there.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

I have seen shadows moving between me and the only light source in the room on a few occasions, with witnesses mind you. I choose to think they are Djinn, although there are many many other things to call them, it's what I feel comfortable with. My paranormal past is huge, which I honestly think most people's are, just they either don't admit it or deny it to themselves. Luckily I was raised to embrace the different and think not only outside the box but to look behind it as well, maybe someone will understand what I mean there.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join