It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aluminum, Alzheimer's and The Camelford Incident

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

The known daily requirement for aluminum intake in human beings is zero.

Let’s start there.

Hello, ATS, I would like to talk to you today about aluminum and Alzheimer’s disease. As a man of a certain age I am attending to, and am surrounded by friends that are attending to parents that are aging and moving on towards leaving this world. And so many of them, in fact all that I have encountered so far, have succumbed to Alzheimer’s disease and or dementia.

So as far as I am concerned, this “5-10” percent that organizations like The Alzheimer's Society is pandering to us is bullcrap.

And I am wondering if any of you, like myself, thought or think that a lifetime of learning and energetic brain use will stave off this impending brain-doom? Because one of the folks that I have seen recently decline in to this disease was a JPL mathematician; in the end he thought he was riding on a cruise ship (the Alzheimer’s lock-down at the ‘home’ he was kept at) where he was being forced to instruct old people in arts and crafts.

So let me cut to the chase folks. If we had any idea that a substance in our environment could be causing or even fomenting in some way Alzheimer’s and dementia would we remove it from the environment? Or stop using it? Or try to drastically reduce our exposure?

Well, since the 60’s we have known that aluminum seems to play some role in the disease processes that lead to Alzheimer’s and dementia. We will be told, as can be demonstrated with any Google search, by the likes of The Alzheimer’s Society that it is impossible to correlate aluminum intake with Alzheimer’s and dementia, yet aluminum is a neurotoxin, and in fact it behaves on all ‘nerve cells’ just the way that it is claimed that it works to foster Alzheimer’s: the metal forms plaques, or deposits, around and throughout the nerve tissue.

The original study was done in 1965 by Terry, Pena and Klatzo on a 58 year old woman whom had declined rapidly in to dementia. She had been one of 20,000 people exposed to 3000 times the allowable (you have to laugh) level of aluminum during what became known as the Camelford water pollution incident which occurred in 1988.

As the aluminium sulphate broke down it produced several tonnes of sulphuric acid which "stripped a cocktail of chemicals from the pipe networks as well as lead and copper piping in people’s homes."[1][2] Many people who came into contact with the contaminated water experienced a range of short-term health effects,[3] and many victims suffered long-term effects whose implications remained unclear as of 2012.

The fact is, folks, that we do not presently know how aluminum may be tied to the processes that lead to Alzheimer's and dementia. But a simple Google search of "Terry, Pena and Klatzo" will demonstarte that the jury is far, far from reaching a verdict on this.

So in the meantime...

Why do we tolerate all the aluminum in the stuff we eat and smear on our bodies? The number one culprits in my book? Antiperspirant/Deoderants and cooking utensils.

A single aluminum coffee-pot was shown to have invisibly added over 1600 mcg aluminum per liter of water. This is 3,200% over the World Health Organizations set goal of 50 mcg per liter.

www.doctoryourself.com...

I use cast iron, not aluminum cookware. I do not use aluminum foil, I use parchment paper.

Especially, I do not use anything under my arms that has aluminum in it.

But mostly I am amazed that folks do not question this more than they seem to. I expected to see deoderants and antiperspirants lose aluminum years ago but there it is. I will end with this quote and link from the very popular LiveStrong website. It comes from an article on avoiding 'dangerous'aluminum in the diet.

Aluminum toxicity affects the musculoskeletal system and brain, causing muscle weakness, bone pain, osteoporosis, delayed growth in children, altered mental abilities, dementia and seizures.

Read more: www.livestrong.com...

Any thoughts on aluminum and Alzheimer's ATS?

X.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Xoanon because: .

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
No argument from me, it seems quite obvious.

Before we had the alluminium pots and pans we had lead water pipes lead paint and lead added to petrol.

They know exactly what they're doing.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

My thoughts on aluminum are what drive me to use Thai Crystal deodorant stones (or the like - one I use here) instead of typical deodorant sticks.

Well, that and the fact that I haven't smelled my own body odor since switching to mineral salt deodorants, whereas I can sweat my way to stinking through any regular deodorant over the course of any given day.

I haven't looked too deeply into the correlation between aluminum and mental degradation, but what little bit I've seen is enough to make me try to avoid as much intake as possible.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
So what do you use as an alternative to deodorant? I know someone who uses coconut oil. I've been worried about getting alzheimers after the stoner years having used many makeshift aluminum pipes.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

They even put that crap into our vaccines and combine it with other neurotoxins.

link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

Hi RightInTwo,

Tom's of Maine offers products that do not contain aluminum as well as a toothpaste that is flouride free. Also the 'crystal' products suggested by the poster above are fantastic.

X

link   
reply to post by Xoanon

S&F!!!! You left out fluoride which is in our toothpaste and in the states put into our drinking water......Fluoride is a byproduct of aluminum...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

Tom's of Maine makes some natural deodorants that don't contain aluminum or titanium dioxide (I believe - can't get flash to work to view full site right now at this station), but apparently I'm just a smelly guy since I also sweat my way to stinking right through it as well.

The crystal deodorant stones are the best thing I've found for myself so far. Clean armpits well, wet the stone (or have wet pits) and rub it well around all underarm area, and viola! No stink and no aluminum that I'm aware of.

It's almost magical...and they last forever too. Just don't drop them on hard floors, I had to replace one of mine when I decided rubbing shards under my arm probably wasn't the best idea.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Hi seeker 1963,

Thank for that. You are certainly correct. And when the two are put together the results are even more dramatic...

The latest edition of the peer-reviewed medical journal, Brain Research, (vol.784:l998), reveals that aluminum-induced neural degeneration in rats is greatly enhanced when the animals were fed low doses of fluoride.

The presence of fluoride enhanced the bio-availability of aluminum (Al) causing more aluminum to cross the blood-brain barrier and become deposited in the brain. The aluminum level in the brains of the fluoride-treated group was double that of the controls.

www.actionpa.org...

Really bad stuff.

And that is what intrigues me the most; we know how bad this is but there is no concerted effort to remove it from use in the things we eat and drink and apply to our bodies.

Even if just for the interim while we find out exactly how it kills us, which is what folks seem to be waiting for.

X.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterWiggin

Hi Peter Wiggin,

Thanks for posting.

I think that the crystal deoderants are especially interesting because of how they fit in to the last 30 plus years of people adjusting to the bad news about aluminum. They came out in the eighties, if I remeber correctly, as a direct result of consumers becoming aware that aluminum is probably making them crazy and then killing them.

And again, that's what kills me, you got the message, I got the message, others seemed to get the message.

But the crap is still in our food and our cosmetics and everything else. WTF!?

You would think we could end this, right? Folks got upset about corn syrup and the Corn-Syrup-Pimps seemed to get the message. But with the aluminum it is as if we just don't give a crap, or forget, or something. Forgetting seems more likely considering the aluminum...

X

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Joan King was another victim of the 'Camelford Incident'...

From 2006:

JOAN KING'S STORY

Three months after Joan King drank the water she started to experience "very peculiar imperfections" in her speech. She now finds it difficult to concentrate, and has other Alzheimer's-like symptoms.

When tired, she says, "I get so frustrated and because I can't express myself, I gather, I get almost unbearable." Her husband, Roger, says that though a normally peaceful person she becomes virtually uncontrollable. Tests have revealed high concentrations of aluminium in her fingernails and toenails. She says: "I was a metallurgist. But here I am now - half a person mentally."

www.thenhf.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I help my mother take care of my father who's 67. He started losing his motor skills around late 50's (way too young for the onset of alzheimers). Now he's full blown and shot.

Sad part is that it's basically expected and dealt with as "THE NORM".

We should expect to die from alzheimer, prostate/colon, lung or breast cancer, without complaint because they have us conditioned to believe this.

Something is definately wrong if the facts point to these being the #1 killers and research and studies are't/haven't been done and results provided to fix these problems.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

You might want to watch "What in the World Are They Spraying," a documentary about geoengineering (chemtrails) in which the evidence that the military is spraying aluminum in our skies is substantial. You can see it for free here.

www.youtube.com...

The director plans another documentary this summer called "Why in the World Are They Spraying," which, apparently, will link the use of geoengineering to big agribusiness corporations like Montsanto, which can create "aluminum resistant" seeds and crops.

The mass aerosol spraying of aluminum would be the most plausible explanation of why so many people are getting Alzheimers so quickly.

On a positive note, there seems to be promising evidence that Alzheimers can be prevented and sometimes even reversed with proper nutritional therapy. In this interesting paper, which can be downloaded for free here,

www.hdfoster.com...

the authors state the Alzheimer's is directly linked to aluminum intake in our diet and acidic water intake. However, the also claim that supplements can help.

"Alacer Corporation, Foothill Ranch, California, a company with which I have no financial associations, provides excellent mineral ascorbate products. One tablet of Super-Gram II, for example, contains 4 percent of calcium and 8 percent of magnesium recommended daily allowance. Emer’gen-C is a fizzing drink mix that is pleasant to take when added to water. It provides 1,000 mg of vitamin C and 32 mineral complexes, including calcium and magnesium. Alacer’s products were used in the joint Committee on World Health and Russian research
projects that produced a marked reversal of memory loss in the elderly. 32-34."

Here is a simple introduction to nutrient therapy for Alzheimers:
www.doctoryourself.com...

Note that this page leaves out the substantial research on niacinamide for Alzheimers, though mentions vitamin B3 in passing. See this link for more on niacin deficiency and Alzheimers:

www.naturalhealtharchives.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Well if they're spraying into the troposphere, there's not much we can do about it.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
On a side note, have you folks seen the amount of stuff about coconut oil as a treatment for alzheimers.
It seems that diet is playing a bigger part than big pharma wants to admit...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The crystal deodorants are not aluminium free. The one I use says it free of aluminium chlorohydrate but it does contain ammonium alum. Others use potassium alum but both kinds contain aluminium.

Antacids are bigger culprits with 40mg to 400mg of aluminium per dose. The odd thing is that I have known at least a couple of older people who have taken antacids daily, because of acid reflux, for years. They have ingested at least a couple aluminium pots worth and they don't seem better or worse off than other people in their age group.
edit on 7-7-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Yes dasakik, for sure, I should have emphasized the antacids more than I have.

From the WikiPedia article on 'Antacids'...

Ingredients in anacids that may cause adverse side effects...

Aluminum hydroxide: may lead to the formation of insoluble aluminium-phosphate-complexes, with a risk for hypophosphatemia and osteomalacia. Although aluminium has a low gastrointestinal absorption, accumulation may occur mainly in the presence of renal insufficiency. Aluminium-containing drugs often cause constipation and are neurotoxic. Aluminium-containing drugs are contraindicated in pregnancy.

en.wikipedia.org...

I think that antacids would be a good place to start if we wanted to see how far 'public outcry' could take us when it comes to getting aluminum taken out of stuff we eat. I can find no good reason anywhere on the web as to why there should be aluminum in antacids. Christ! who makes these deals? Some errant part of ourselves that needs a spanking, I think.

X.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

The original study was done in 1965 by Terry, Pena and Klatzo on a 58 year old woman whom had declined rapidly in to dementia. She had been one of 20,000 people exposed to 3000 times the allowable (you have to laugh) level of aluminum during what became known as the Camelford water pollution incident which occurred in 1988.

How did a study done in 1965 tell us anything about a woman exposed in 1988?

I'm still reading through, and I agree with you about the overuse of Aluminum, but this didn't make any sense. Is it a typo?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

Aluminum hydroxide neutralizes acid. It isn't just something added to the antacid, it is the antacid. Using an alternative makes sense.

It is supposed to be the 3rd most abundant element on the planet and exists naturally in soil, water, air, plants and animals so I don't really think you can get away from it.

Like aluminum toxicity in patients with renal failure the real problem is the failing body. The toxic levels of aluminum are a symptom and not the cause. Of course keeping it out of that ill body to begin with is important but that doesn't mean that "allowable levels" pose a threat to a healthy body.

edit on 7-7-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Good lord, I really screwed the pooch on that. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

That's going to be a tough knot to untie..lemme see.

In 1988 20 tonnes of aluminum sulphate was accidentally added to the water supply at Camelford, Cornwall, England and 20-30,000 people are estimated to have been poisoned.

Carole Cross who was 44 at the time was one of them. She died at 58 from a very aggressive form of dementia and a post-mortem inquest in 2006 revealed incredibly high levels of aluminum in the regions of her brain where the damaging plaques were found. The inquest was dragged out for 6 years and in the end we have what I will quote here from WikiPedia...

The coroner returned a narrative verdict recording the circumstances without attributing the cause, in which he said the water supply company, South West Water Authority had been "gambling with as many as 20,000 lives" when they failed to inform the public about the poisoning for 16 days, a delay he called unacceptable. An expert said at the inquest that the levels of aluminium in her brain were "beyond belief".

en.wikipedia.org...

Carole Cross was not studied by Terry, Pena and Klatzo, Rabbits were. That is the experiment that was done in 1965 that showed that the brain (wabbit brains, anyhow), when exposed directly to aluminum (keep in mind the blood brain barrier issue with flouride) had the tendency to show 'neurofilamentous changes'; the development of 'plaques' in the damaged regions of the brain.

These findings led to the work of Crapper‐McLachlan and coworkers, who found increased aluminium content in the brain tissues of patients with Alzheimer's disease, particularly in brain regions containing many neurofibrillary tangles.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

I did a really lousy job of pulling that apart and ended up smearing it together in my haste. Thanks for the opportunity to clear that up. If I have.

X.

edit on 7-7-2012 by Xoanon because: .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join