It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HappyHomemaker is in the Hospital for the moment, please send her some love.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Prayers for you and your surgeon.
Hope you are up and about in no time.

sad eyed lady

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Sending love and best wishes to a member of our extended ATS family.
And hoping for a high speed recovery.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Get well and come back to us again real soon HappyHomemaker!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Right now she's in surgery, I won't know anything until after 10 PM. I told the nurses to call me when she gets out of surgery, so hopefully they will. The waiting sucks. And it sucks that I can't be there for her right now. I have no one that can take my shift at work.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

She just went to Pre-Op and they called to say that it may be 2 hours until OP or the OP might take about two hours.

In all my experience there is nothing like good music to heal all the blues. Well, maybe its good. Just a blast from the past for you and your sister.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
She pulled through the surgeries and should be released on Monday. I have Monday, off so I'll be able to spend some time with her. She had two surgeries done.

1] for the gall bladder
2] gall stone lodged in a tube

edit on 7-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Happy to hear that all went well.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Not sure if she has complications from the surgery just yet, will have to wait and see in a few days. She's not being released because she's been running a fever and cannot go the lavatory. Not sure if that's normal after surgery. So, I'll have to wait and see.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

She pulled through the surgeries and should be released on Monday. I have Monday, off so I'll be able to spend some time with her. She had two surgeries done.

1] for the gall bladder
2] gall stone lodged in a tube

Ouch.... poor girl. I hear that is like "pissing razor blades". Sorry about that and (glad) thats all it was. So very glad. My neighbor died two weeks ago in the hospital. It was a known condition, just unexpected that she went so quick. I didn't get to say good bye even. But I had a dream about her last night. She told me to change my diet. (She's right).

So, So glad that she is all better now and you get her back.
That is totally cool. Like this song you brought that's been a fav ever since. Should rename it, "Party Gall Stone out the House".

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
She may have complications from the surgery. Don't know yet. She's been running a fever all day.
edit on 8-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

She may have complications from the surgery. Don't know yet. She's been running a fever all day.

Sorry to rock out just yet. I know that Gall bladder stuff can cause an infection. Don't need urine in the blood, right?

They are surely giving her antibiotics and you will know that result soon as they take a couple of days to work and beat back the infection. Hang in there...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
For the moment she looks fine and seems healthier looking. I think she's being over dramatic. I spoke with the nurses and her fever even isn't that high. 99, one above normal.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

For the moment she looks fine and seems healthier looking. I think she's being over dramatic. I spoke with the nurses and her fever even isn't that high. 99, one above normal.

Thank you for that update. I am so glad this is turning out good. I seem oversensitive to this because I am. My friend died recently and I needed a positive outcome I guess. Thanks for keeping me informed.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Update:

She just got released from the hospital and is home safely.

Made it just before the storm hit. Perfect timing.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your well wishes and prayers. I greatly appreciate them. I have fibromyalgia, so when I was having gall pain, I probably didn't realize it because I have pain all the time. I went to the ER with chest pain and nausea at 9 am. I had my vitals taken, ekg, chest x-ray, then back out into the waiting room I go to wait. Not for long, time to re-assess. Vitals, back out into waiting room. Waiting room fills with a ton of people. Re-assess with another ekg, both showed abnormal heartrate, waiting room, more people, now I've been bumped. Blood draw, they forgot about me. By now my back hurts, my neck hurts, and my stomach hurts in the t-zone bad. Back into waiting room. I was re-assessed 6 times total. They finally called me to an ER hallway at midnight. Meanwhile, the room next to me, got somehow stuck in the back of a U-Haul in this heat for 6 days and was dying. The nurses could see he was beyond lifesaving measures, but the doctors kept pumping antibiotics into him, nor-epi, bagging him, the nurses would walk by constantly spraying air freshener when they walked by his room. They kept saying he was going to die in ER by Sat. They finally got him an ICU room. They get him up there and bring his"deathbed" back to ER and put it next to me. Ugh! Then they wipe it down with disinfectants. More smells going up my nauseous nose. Then they air freshener it. Ugh! I told my nurse move the bed or they'll be cleaning me up. They moved the bed.

I was then taken from ER to ultrasound to get an ultrasound of my liver. By now, nobody is telling me a damn thing so I'm wondering why the hell my liver needs looked at and not my heart? Then the doctor makes a comment about hepatitis, so I mention the guy who's blood I came in contact with. He talked with another doctor and says , "Now she bringing up this new thing about some guy who got shot by her neighbor and that she got checked...." Um, excuse me? New thing? It's called verification, call my doctor. For one. For two, look in your records, how guys come in with buckshot wounds to the foot. For three, you asked earlier about tuberculosis, you said nothing about hepatitis. Had you asked, I would have told you. So now I'm being told it's a gallstone and possible Hep. And the ER is going to call my doctor to see what he wants to do about it. Now I'm back to not knowing, finally after hours of still waiting in a hallway I find out they're waiting on a room upstairs. I finally get a room upstairs by 3pm later that day. 9-midnight is waiting room, midnight to 3pm is ER, finally upstairs we go. They apologize for the room being small, I told the nurses after the 2 days I just had, this is the penthouse suite. I got the best nurses in the building. Such sweethearts. After waiting a bit, because of being a pin cushion, I finally went for my surgery. They removed the stone, and the gall bladder as well, so that this doesn't pop up again. I develop a fever. For me, my normal temp is 96.7. I began running 99 or higher. I was freezing. Requesting tons of blankets, the heat turned up, socks for my feet inside of the covers, you name it. My temp was 99.9 or thereabouts. At one time it was 100.7.

Right now I'm a giant shuffling, talking bruise. They gave me blood thinners before surgery and it turned me into a giant bruise every where they cut, and every where they stuck for blood. Can't wait for those to go away. Thankfully the surgeons used the invisible stitches so when I feel more up and about I can shower. (Hopefully tomorrow)

Thanks again for all the well wishes. I really do appreciate them very much. You guys are very kind.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

Glad to see you typing away...!!
You keep close tabs on your bruising and blood thinning. Make sure you are your own best advocate.
Did I stress keeping close tabs on the blood thinners? Especially if you are taking any anti-biotics..Or Aspirin, or Ibuprofen...I'm sure you already know some of this....But I have some very recent experience with the effects of bloods thinners, and their interactions with other meds.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by happyhomemaker29

Glad your ordeal is over. Hope the infection gets cleared quickly. I had infected bile ducts when I had by gall bladder removed. Strange thing is my normal temperature used to be 96.7 as well. Having a 99 temp may not sound like a big deal, but it is!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join