It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Concedes Space–Time Portals Exist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

I never said the OP was the one who used the term, simply that it was misleading, which it is.

NASA is using the word portals, and when you read all the other words they are using it paints a pretty clear picture that this has nothing at all to do with what many are proposing, which is that this is some sort or wormhole, or portal that actually teleports or transports people. It's nothing of the sort and that's very obvious, to those of us that actually read and comprehended the source material that is.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Oy vey.

It's not a "time-space" portal like in Star Trek. It's a connected magnetic field which is interesting if you are a proton coming from the Sun. The dynamics of charged particles in space are greatly affected by magnetic fields.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
See i told you guys theyre rwmping us up for disclosure

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

If you read the article, is says a ton of particles pass through these portals within the time they exist, some are short and some are longer lasting.. The one article says that by the time you finish reading it a portal will have opened and closed.. It took me about 2-3 min to read it.. So, if a particle can pass 93 million miles within say 2 to 10 minutes, that's pretty damn fast! So fast, that you could maybe hypothesize that there is some sort of time factor involved... Its not so far fetched.. Imo. I understand that you are all about the technicalities... And you always have the option of alerting the mods about your discontent. If they choose to close the thread, so be it

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
How does all this tie in with solar storms and CME's ?

Does this mean more charged particles are reaching the earth from the sun than originally reported? This is indeed uninteresting and synchronous with a novel I'm currently writing....interesting.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Care to explain what exactly a magnetic field anomaly has to do with disclosure?

Please, do tell..... I'm on the edge of my seat anticipating a fascinating and intellectually stimulating post.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
...The one article says that by the time you finish reading it a portal will have opened and closed.. It took me about 2-3 min to read it.. So, if a particle can pass 93 million miles within say 2 to 10 minutes, that's pretty damn fast! So fast, that you could maybe hypothesize that there is some sort of time factor involved... Its not so far fetched....

No. The article is not saying that the particles are instantaneously (or even moving at FTL speeds) from the Sun to the earth through these portals. The particles still obey the laws of physics. These "portals" are only a direct connection of the Sun's magnetic field and the Earth's.

A particle leaving the Sun still takes at least the 8 minutes sunlight takes to reach the Earth.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by Nspekta
...The one article says that by the time you finish reading it a portal will have opened and closed.. It took me about 2-3 min to read it.. So, if a particle can pass 93 million miles within say 2 to 10 minutes, that's pretty damn fast! So fast, that you could maybe hypothesize that there is some sort of time factor involved... Its not so far fetched....

No. The article is not saying that the particles are instantaneously (or even moving at FTL speeds) from the Sun to the earth through these portals. The particles still obey the laws of physics. These "portals" are only a direct connection of the Sun's magnetic field and the Earth's.

A particle leaving the Sun still takes at least the 8 minutes sunlight takes to reach the Earth.

Did you read the part where they say that a ton of particles pass through those portals?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Originally posted by phroziac

Care to explain what exactly a magnetic field anomaly has to do with disclosure?

Please, do tell..... I'm on the edge of my seat anticipating a fascinating and intellectually stimulating post.

I jumped the gun based on the exciting title of this thread and I'm sorry. Infact, what the hell is the point of this now?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

If it is effecting space it is effecting time and we already know of the polar time dilation's ..

This is the first observable natural proof that such things exist in nature ...

then we will begin to experiment trying to recreate the phenomena in labs under controlled conditions .

Maybe in a hundred years or so we will have a usable tech to manipulate this process ..

Particle trajectories are numerically followed in the presence of space- and time-varying electric and magnetic fields that are obtained by the previous two-dimensional magnetohydrodynamic (MHD) simulation of X type magnetic reconnection process (Hayashi and Sato, 1978). Two conclusions are notable. First, those particles that encounter a slow shock layer associated with the reconnection process suffer an abrupt and large orbit modification whereby they gain an energy roughly by one order larger than that corresponding to the Alfven speed, i.e., several electron volts for electrons and 10 keV for protons. Second, particles that are driven toward the neutral sheet by the E × B drift are accelerated almost instantaneously up to an energy range of auroral particles (1-10 keV for electrons and 10-100 keV for protons) when they reach near the X type neutral line

So it seems the particle increases of the reconnection points have them interested ..

If you want to see the daily particle readings go Here

The MMS page mms.gsfc.nasa.gov...

This MMS system should also give them the ability to detect any anomalous connections too ..something I think they are very interested in .

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I wonder if all of this is connected to ley lines?
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
This is Very, Very Very interesting information.

Now I want you ALL to listen and read Very Very carefully....

In 1986 a Book was released, detailing contact between an Earth person and various Non Earth persons.

These contacts are thought to be LEGITIMATE and occurred in front of many people who witnessed the events.

These "Contact/communications" were recorded and the book was made of some of the transcripts.

This is just a small paragraph, taken directly off the site, as told to the Earth contact.

"All these craft are propelled by magnetic flux. The magnetic streams have different layers with various velocities. The motors, with which all craft are fitted, serve as rudders directing the craft into the various velocity layers. The highest velocity is reached on the outer surface and can exceed that of light. The magnetic streams criss-cross deep space, connecting planets, solar systems, galaxies and even universes in a vast web of highways and by-ways for space travellers and their craft.

This above information was given to the Earth contact in 1968 !!!!!!!!!

I'll repeat that ...NINETEEN SIXTY EIGHT !!!!!!!!

The book is VERY detailed and explains much, EVEN mentions a huge artificial satellite the is located on the outer edges of our SS......Sound Familiar. (Nibru.whatever).

Information is also given that their craft show "Time Machine" Characteristics!!! due to travelling in these Magnetic super highways. All Information from 1968!!!

Now, I dont care how LOONEY you think these books are.....NASA Has just vindicated it!!!!

EVERYONE, Read this Book!........"Contact With the Planet Koldas"

rune.galactic.to...

There is even a recording from the 1960s...
www.youtube.com...

Ridicule all you like (I didnt write the book).

But as time goes on....more and more information is surfacing.
We need to take off the blinkers and be part of the Universe...at last.

edit on 8-7-2012 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
So now the Stargate of Aden is explained.
Also, explains how aliens travel here.
And how future humans travel back in time to watch and record our activities.
And the means of travel used by the Reptilians living in the inner Earth.

Or...
It's just a very interesting scientific phenomenon that has nothing whatsoever to do with any of the above.

Aliendigest should always be used as primary source material! Just Kidding, OP, I'm glad you posted the article. Although, it may have been wiser to post the actual NASA site instead of the Aliendigest one. Would help a lot with credibility issues....

I find the subject matter very interesting but it clearly has nothing to do with space-time portals, aliens, time travel, wormholes, etc.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx

I am very skeptical that they have any 'time' element.

It may not be a portal, but a flux tube for electrons.
However a real portal natural or otherwise has to have
the time element.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
All this debating about the term space-time portals is just silly.

You can call the space-time portals, magnetic portals, x-points or whatever. This isn't the story and you get the same pseudoskeptics coming into threads and debating silly issues that have nothing to do with the actual story.

They see the term science fiction and they feel threatened for some reason. Nasa is the one that brought up the science fiction aspect.

A favorite theme of science fiction is "the portal"--an extraordinary opening in space or time that connects travelers to distant realms. A good portal is a shortcut, a guide, a door into the unknown. If only they actually existed....

It turns out that they do, sort of, and a NASA-funded researcher at the University of Iowa has figured out how to find them.

Good find and the term space-time portal is fine because right now information about these portals is limited until MMS studies these portals further in 2014.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by DJW001
No, NASA does not "concede space-time portals exist!" The press release from NASA says nothing about space-time. What it is describing are lines of magnetic reconnection. In short, the interaction between the Sun and the Earth's magnetic fields "tunnels" plasma to the Earth. Your secondary source is notoriously unreliable.

ahhhhhh....

yes

they have .. DOH~! Hidden Portals in Earth's Magnetic Field

Can you show where Nasa says they have found SPACE-TIME PORTALS please?

If you're going to attempt to correct someone, it helps to be correct.

your NOT serious are you? Because I even sited my source ...

which

is

directly

from

NASA

themselves~! THEY named the video themselves...! If you can't accept or even GO TO the website.. I'm .. not sure what more i can do to spoon feed you.. just say'n

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
They found magnetic portals, I didn't see anything about space time portals in my reading of the articles on this subject.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

This is very simple. Again, can you show where Nasa says they have found SPACE-TIME PORTALS please?
Not hidden portals in Eath's magnetic field. I'd say there could be a bit of difference there whether you realize that or not.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Can you show where Nasa says they have found SPACE-TIME PORTALS please?

If you're going to attempt to correct someone, it helps to be correct.

your NOT serious are you? Because I even sited my source ...

which

is

directly

from

NASA

themselves~! THEY named the video themselves...! If you can't accept or even GO TO the website.. I'm .. not sure what more i can do to spoon feed you.. just say'n

The NASA article mentions portals -- Portals are like openings or tunnels. These portals are simply places where the earth's magnetic field links up with the Sun's magnetic field. This allows particles to move from the Sun to the earth along these linked fields...

...BUT IT IS NOT A SPACE-TIME PORTAL (at least not in the way many people here are making it out to be).

NASA never ever said in the source article that these are "space-time portals". They just called them portals.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Let's go to Alpha Centauri!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join