It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hours After Meeting Obama, Ohio Restaurant Owner Dies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Hours After Meeting Obama, Ohio Restaurant Owner Dies

www.weeklystandard.com

The owner of an Akron restaurant where President Barack Obama stopped for breakfast this morning died, apparently of a heart attack, shortly after meeting him.

Josephine “Ann” Harris, 70, of Copley Township, was taken by ambulance to Akron General Medical Center after complaining of fatigue and a tingling feeling. She was pronounced dead at 11:18 a.m., according to the Summit County Medical Examiner’s Office.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have said it before, but I hate coincidences. Yes, I know the whole "correlation does not imply causation" thing, but come on? What are the odds?

Going out on a very thin limb here, but could it have been an assassination attempt on Obama? Perhaps someone put something in the food and it was mistakenly eaten by the owner rather than Barack?

www.weeklystandard.com
edit on 7/6/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: typo

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well why would the owner mistakenly eat Obama's food? Doesn't make sense. He works in the food industry. Just probably a simple heart attack with no conspiracy behind it.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm sure the whole advance Secret Service team, background check and security clearance experience that comes with having a sitting President visit your establishment is pretty darn stressful.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

I don't think I'd ever be so excited to meet ANY President, as to have a heart attack.

Khar

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
These sorts of events are likely incredibly stressful on people, and it's likely that she was experiencing symptoms for a while and didn't notice or consider them anything other than "nerves" at meeting the President. Stress related heart attack is far more likely (by an order of magnitude) than anything nefarious.

Prayers to her family in their grief.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

I have said it before, but I hate coincidences. Yes, I know the whole "correlation does not imply causation" thing, but come on? What are the odds?

Going out on a very thin limb here, but could it have been an assassination attempt on Obama? Perhaps someone put something in the food and it was mistakenly eaten by the owner rather than Barack?

www.weeklystandard.com
edit on 7/6/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: typo

no I don't think so.

If a president is coming to your place for breakfast, you'd be sure they know well ahead of time.

She probably was so stressed wanting everything to be perfect, and then the added adrenalin rush of him actually being there, just was too much for her ol ticker to take.

Sad really, but I don't see a conspiracy in this, just an elderly woman who must have had an enormous amount of stress, and adrenalin in a short few days.

edit: I see someone else had the same thought...in previous post
edit on 6-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kharron

I don't think I'd ever be so excited to meet ANY President, as to have a heart attack.

Khar

I don't know, I might have a heart attack if I were to meet Abe Lincoln.
Or maybe I just had one...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

I think it was most likely that candidates meet so many people, many of them old, that it is bound to happen. It has probably happened before and will happen again.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Absolutely. She was old, and this was incredible pressure to put on her restraunt. It wasn't just meeting the president, it was the president in HER restraunt.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Never look Obama directly in the eyes. . .you see what happens.
jk
It was probably the stress of it all. Old folks still think the president is somebody really special.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Maybe she heard something that she wasn't supposed to hear? then she was given a wiff of that drug that causes heart attacks and leaves no clues!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There is no foul play here, folks. Not everything has a conspiracy behind it

Like other people have said, I'd put it down to there being a hell of a lot of stress behind making preparations, etc.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

NDAA!!!!!!! What more do I need to say? His aura of evil was just too much for her frail body to take......

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
in other news, 300 or so other 70 year old women died last week. 20 of them died shortly after bringing in the mail. Maybe the mail was tainted.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

If a president is coming to your place for breakfast, you'd be sure they know well ahead of time.

Oddly enough, not necessarily. During the Clinton years when some democratic convention was held in San Antonio, Clinton and his entourage ate at my father's restaurant. No real notice. Other customers were kicked out mid meal, the street was closed down, etc. My father had no notice whatsoever and was called by his employees in the middle of it all to be told what was happening. lol

Maybe they didn't want to give advance notice for security reasons?

Anyways, I doubt there is much to the story. She probably just got excited, already had a condition, etc.

Prayers go out to her family. That's very sad. Worse than all the people who were fainting during Obama's campaign speeches.
edit on 7/6/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
In my line of work whenever we get anyone of importance visiting the building or local surroundings you see tonnes of people wandering about. It's surprising really, especially when you work in a secure government building so god knows what it's like for a small town restaurant where the likelihood is they are kept under some form of surveiliance beforehand and the relevant vetting and security checks are carried out.

This is not a conspiracy.
edit on 6-7-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Obama apparently told the owner truth about how much taxes are really going to go up and how many penalties are going to be placed on small business owners.

With that said, I don't think there is any conspiracy there.

edit on 6-7-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Besides advanced age and excitement over meeting the prez,there happens to be a 100+degree heat wave in the midwest the last couple days.All in all isnt this the same as I just talked to so and so yesterday and he died the next day?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Oddly enough, not necessarily. During the Clinton years when some democratic convention was held in San Antonio, Clinton and his entourage ate at my father's restaurant. No real notice. Other customers were kicked out mid meal, the street was closed down, etc. My father had no notice whatsoever and was called by his employees in the middle of it all to be told what was happening. lol

Maybe they didn't want to give advance notice for security reasons?

Anyways, I doubt there is much to the story. She probably just got excited, already had a condition, etc.

Prayers go out to her family. That's very sad. Worse than all the people who were fainting during Obama's campaign speeches.
edit on 7/6/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

I didn't realize that..so if you only get notice in the middle of the night, that's got to add to the stress

My prayers are with them as well.

I hope they get a nice condolence card from the president and first lady,.I'm sure they will. They better .
edit on 6-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join