It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Manual Outlines Plan To Kill Rioters, Demonstrators In America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Just seen this as well. The fact that given just a halt but not a warning shot "(b) Warning shot will not be fired." is a huge cause for concern, meaning not much a chance to back off if let's say you missed prior halt warning, if it will be implemented even though written in '06. Looking more into it...

edit on 6-7-2012 by dreamingawake because: sp

Not firing a warning shot is standard operating procedures for ANY and ALL law enforcement personnel. You will find this rule anywhere there is any level of law enforcement. After reading through this document, it seems that the rules of engagement (ROE) are the same as they are in war, they have just decided to apply them domestically, which is very unfortunate for them.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Some of the arguements in this thread are laughable.

There may be more armed citizens, but citizens don't have WMD's, or predator drones, or a military of robotic vehicles.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Some of the arguements in this thread are laughable.

There may be more armed citizens, but citizens don't have WMD's, or predator drones, or a military of robotic vehicles.

I'm going to predict that the US Military would NOT obey those orders when faced with them directly.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

And nothing from that document posted would indicate they would use any of those things during a protest or civil unrest.

Did you actually READ the document? Or like others, just get enraged because someone posted snippets of a document, which have been changed from their original wording? Also, context is important.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hahaha your worried about the military not firing a warning shot.

Heres a question..... When have your local police or any conus law enforcement agency every fired warning shots?

There you have it people, only thing different is the military would be in place because the civilians have probably over ran local and state police.

Think you wouldnt try it?

Let the gas go bye bye or just unaffordable. To include limited supply or mega inflation of foods and other daily items.

If the police are trying to keep good order and conduct of the population they will be authorized you use deadly force. As they already are for basic traffic stops.

A man hungry and needing to feed his family will do anything. To include killing a police or a military person.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

And nothing from that document posted would indicate they would use any of those things during a protest or civil unrest.

Did you actually READ the document? Or like others, just get enraged because someone posted snippets of a document, which have been changed from their original wording? Also, context is important.

They never read the entire source.

Someone always wants the sky to be falling. Oh and of course they dont want to be alone.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If you want to do any good the only thing you can do is to spread the truth. Where to start, the fact that everything is controlled by a ruthless satanic cabal that controls the financial and military industrial/big business. Its a massive false pyramid scheme. On both the physical and spiritual levels.

9/11 the ET connection, Nazi's, the New Age agenda.

Take your pick.

I just hope that many of the good people in the military will know what to do. Domestically im more worried about the police than anything in the near future. I believe when shtf that most of our military assets will be abroad. Don't be surprised if you see foreign troops and UN though.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by KawRider9

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Nspekta

It's ok. We civilians have more trained military persons within our ranks, not even including hunting enthusiast, gun enthusiast, survivalist etc etc, than the entire army. 10x over. So when ever I see "The Army will turn against us" .. I think "Just wait until we turn against you...."

Quoted for 100% truth!

I shoot on a trap league every week with around 400 people. I also shoot 3-D archery every weekend with damn near the same amount of people. We all shoot in various competitions several times a week. I really don't think TPTB would try anything on our own shores, as there are millions of people just like us spread throughout the US... I am from a small town and I know of several thousand people that take shooting very seriously.

It would be an extremely bloody fight if our military turned against the people and they know it.

With that said, no-one will try to dis-arm us Americans or turn against us. We are waaaaay to powerful.

Wrong. I mean, yes we may be powerful with feet on the ground, but that's not what we would be up against. We have nothing in comparison to military. 10x more guns.......is nothing in comparison to their weaponry. They can beat us down without even firing a gun, and with zero feet on the ground. If our military turns on it's own we have no chance at all--so we better be hoping & praying that they don't!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Originally posted by dreamingawake
Just seen this as well. The fact that given just a halt but not a warning shot "(b) Warning shot will not be fired." is a huge cause for concern, meaning not much a chance to back off if let's say you missed prior halt warning, if it will be implemented even though written in '06. Looking more into it...

edit on 6-7-2012 by dreamingawake because: sp

Not firing a warning shot is standard operating procedures for ANY and ALL law enforcement personnel. You will find this rule anywhere there is any level of law enforcement. After reading through this document, it seems that the rules of engagement (ROE) are the same as they are in war, they have just decided to apply them domestically, which is very unfortunate for them.

Yes I know that. What I was saying is the fact they want to do it domestically. Indeed, which is very unfortunate.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

It is to be expected that we would have some kind of document to handle just about any situation. The words of these documents are never "bad" but there is always too much room left open for interpretation. The military has always been sketchy with this.

Look at My Lai. They killed nearly 400 women, children, and infants by classifying them as "suspects". Only three were actually suspected of being Viet Cong. Nobody fired at the soldiers and the only soldier injured was from him shooting his own foot.

I'm pretty sure these manuals are written vaguely intentionally in order to later justify horrific actions. For something more close to home, look at the Kent State Massacre. Half of those killed weren't even in the protest but were simply walking to class.

I say write more manuals with more details. Give clear and concise terms and definitions that leave no room for interpretation. Then make them public.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
I believe when shtf that most of our military assets will be abroad. Don't be surprised if you see foreign troops and UN though.

I would certainly hope the UN shows up. Who else is going to liberate us? It would be a crappy time for them to suddenly not back a rebellion, that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Here's an honest question for all current members of the Unites States military:

Would you fire upon civilians? Moms, Dads, kids, your family members, grandmothers, grandfathers, regular people?

I think everyone knows the answer to this question. Most members of the military would NOT fire upon or kill the public...even if it means they must disobey their commanding officers. Seriously...there is still honorable soldiers who would rather face court martial, even death, than kill innocent American civilians. Think about it logically...would American soldiers kill little children and grandmothers? Come on....and I'm not talking about drone strikes, or accidental casualties, I am talking about face to face encounters with the public...not gonna happen.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

While i agree the article is disturbing, you cease to be a civilian the second you take aim and fire at military personel. To them you are a military combatant, so kill or be killed then becomes the law. So do or die. This is to say, that you better weigh your options before you think of throwing a rebellion and you better make damn sure you can finish the job because failure means your death and mission failed and your family will likely be killed right along with you.

Considering the armaments, jet fighters, heavy armor, weapons, ships, gunships etc. at the government's disposal, you do not have a snowball's chance in hell of throwing a revolution unless you have the backing of the military, and do you really think theyre going to trade getting paid, for a broke provisional government who cannot pay them for their services? I think we'll find that those who would fight for the people, might be outnumbered by those who fight for a government who gives them paychecks and healthcare benefits. Not saying there won't be those who uphold their oaths to defend the people from tyranny, but there will be alot who probably do not have those scruples, as our society has been engineered in modern times to crank out cold blooded killers who take orders without question. or holding to a higher moral authority.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
reply to post by Nspekta

It is to be expected that we would have some kind of document to handle just about any situation. The words of these documents are never "bad" but there is always too much room left open for interpretation. The military has always been sketchy with this.

Look at My Lai. They killed nearly 400 women, children, and infants by classifying them as "suspects". Only three were actually suspected of being Viet Cong. Nobody fired at the soldiers and the only soldier injured was from him shooting his own foot.

I'm pretty sure these manuals are written vaguely intentionally in order to later justify horrific actions. For something more close to home, look at the Kent State Massacre. Half of those killed weren't even in the protest but were simply walking to class.

I say write more manuals with more details. Give clear and concise terms and definitions that leave no room for interpretation. Then make them public.

There will always be room for more or greater interpretation in any writings. But I get what you are saying.

In November 1969, the My Lai Massacre by American troops of an estimated 504 women and children in a Vietnamese village was exposed, leading to increased public opposition in the United States to the war. In addition, the following month saw the first draft lottery instituted since World War II.

link

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

Wait! If Alex Jones was talking about it then it must just be fear mongering and not really true. ::sarcasm::

I wouldn't call it fear mongering necessarily. Tanks were seen driving in St. Louis a week or two ago, and Blackhawks and Comanche gunships were seen hovering over and circling about Little Rock, AR to the point people were getting worried. I think they were plotting barricade points on the interstate in case of martial law because they seemed to observe the interstate and secondary highways quite a bit.

Animals know danger when they sense it, humans even more so.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AutOmatIc
Here's an honest question for all current members of the Unites States military:

Would you fire upon civilians? Moms, Dads, kids, your family members, grandmothers, grandfathers, regular people?

I think everyone knows the answer to this question. Most members of the military would NOT fire upon or kill the public...even if it means they must disobey their commanding officers. Seriously...there is still honorable soldiers who would rather face court martial, even death, than kill innocent American civilians. Think about it logically...would American soldiers kill little children and grandmothers? Come on....and I'm not talking about drone strikes, or accidental casualties, I am talking about face to face encounters with the public...not gonna happen.

I honestly believe they would. Not all... but enough to get the first few shots fired and then the rest will join. It's happened several times. The US military is no stranger to murder, baby slaughter, or even rape when it comes to civilians both abroad and domestic.

The soldiers who are not brainwashed will be either court martialed or killed by their fellow soldiers. I hope I'm wrong but peer pressure is a hell of a drug.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Yes I know that. What I was saying is the fact they want to do it domestically. Indeed, which is very unfortunate.

Why are you and everyone else assuming that they WANT to do it at all? It's a guideline for procedures about how to assist during civil unrest. Such procedures have been around for a LONG TIME. I read them back in the 80s. As part of a squad that was on duty to help with protests in California, we often came face to face with angry protestors. Of course, many were hired to even be there - rent-a-mob. To incite anger in civilians. To get arrested and have it on camera. We had water balloons filled with piss thrown at us. My black friend had to stand next to me and listen to the most vile racist crap being spewed at him right in his face. They'd tear down our barricades and pile them up high, spit on our visors, and worse.

And we COULD DO NOTHING. Because it was very clear that using force was a last resort, and even then, we had very strict guidelines about where we could even strike using our batons. We in fact, used to joke about how they should just make a chart showing where we WERE allowed to hit someone, instead of where not, since there were so many spots on a human body we were not allowed to touch. We were warned repeatedly that using undue force could get us a nice court martial, or civil penalties, including jail time. We had guidelines about USING DEADLY FORCE. Very much like these. Because the military is nothing if not extremely thorough. We very rarely used any sort of force at all.

This is another typical military / police / U.S. hate post though. Start with a very misleading and false thread title. Follow it up with snippets of a long document, so people take it out of context. Include WRONG information - it's clear from the official document it says something else entirely. They didn't even bother to include the part about shooting to wound, not kill. Then start talking about drones and war machines and missiles and all the rest, even though it's not in the document at all, because exaggeration, fear-mongering and hate spreading is a common tactic on this site. Sadly.
edit on 7-7-2012 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

edit on 7-7-2012 by dreamingawake because: n/m

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Sounds more like the Nazi SS Handbook given out by Himmler for New SS Recruits .........This , In America ? Nein ! ............

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Sounds more like the Nazi SS Handbook given out by Himmler for New SS Recruits .........This , In America ? Nein ! ............

Wow.. seriously?

So what do you suggest they actually put in there? In what cases are they allowed to use deadly force? Never? Should we arm them with nerf bats just to be safe? You guys crack me up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join