It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Horrified to Discover that Christianity is Not the Only Religion

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Atheist school? You mean existing public schools today where even the mention of the word "God" has been made illegal by the truncation of the establishment clause?

The use of the 1st Amendment to violate the 1st Amendment is the best part of that...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

No such thing as a radical christian.

The unfortunate truth is that there is radicalism in all Abrahamic faiths.

From the abortion clinic bomber, to the Islamic terrorist, to the Jews who laugh as Arabs are beaten by soldiers.

All context aside, none of these behaviors are ethical, all are extremist views that draw their strength from the pain of others.

edit on 7-7-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Atheist school? You mean existing public schools today where even the mention of the word "God" has been made illegal by the truncation of the establishment clause?

The use of the 1st Amendment to violate the 1st Amendment is the best part of that...

No, I think it's pretty clear he means a completely secular private school. They do exist. My brother sends his kids to one. They are high quality, private schools with excellent academic standards, but they leave religion completely out of the curriculum.

BTW, public schools are not "atheist." If they were, they would teach children there is no god. They don't do that.
edit on 7-7-2012 by ClintK because: Fix typing

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

I know...I was being facetious.

And a little serious.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Exactly!

I was so thrilled when I went back to my old highschool last fall to watch a football game, and they still announced a moment of silence over the loudspeaker to pray before the game. Of course they didn't actually pray, but they at least gave everyone else the opportunity, and I was told by some of the kids playing that the team still kneels and says the Lord's prayer before every game.

I agree with you, forbidding the use of God or prayer is just as bad as requiring it. It is supposed to be religious freedom, do it or don't do it, your choice.

ETA:
I also agree with Clint. I think religion should only be taught in school in an historical context. It shouldn't be left out, because it plays too big of a role in our society, but it shouldn't be taught in the same manner as a church either. It needs to be looked at historically and scientifically for the impact it has had on the world, without assigning right or wrong to it.
edit on 7-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

ETA: I also agree with Clint. I think religion should only be taught in school in an historical context. It shouldn't be left out, because it plays too big of a role in our society, but it shouldn't be taught in the same manner as a church either. It needs to be looked at historically and scientifically for the impact it has had on the world, without assigning right or wrong to it.

Certainly. Religion, like it or not, is part of who we are. Not just as Americans, but as human beings. A system that would remain ignorant of it, or enforce religious ideals outside of private institutions is simply asking for trouble.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Since we were attacked by a group of radical Muslims in New York, now all Muslims are suspect and considered radical. And there's no room left by the media for consideration that most Muslims are peacefull.
When the Westboro Baptist Church protests military funerals and uses derogatory language toward homosexuals, Rep. Peter King isn't holding a hearing about what the rest of the American Baptist community is doing to address it. Everyone knows its one crazy group that's not representative of all.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by southernlight

I dunno... this is ATS and not everyone is so sure it was a radical group from another country that attacked New York... the conspiracies are out there and I'm not sure they're wrong....or right.... but I won't rule them out.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by ohioriver
I agree we should not be funding Islamic schools.

Here is what the most recent thing from Egypt shows:

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

Egypt's "first sex-slave marriage" took place mere days after the Muslim Brotherhood's Muhammad Morsi was made president.

In my opinion these people are barbaric. If you immigrate to America, throw away your old culture and assimilate into ours. If your country was so great then go back there.

It is not a Muslim thing, it is an Egypt thing.
Why is it so hard for people to figure this out?
Don't let Egyptian culture come to the US.
No need to rail against muslims for no reason.

Jesus people are stupid.

Christians in Africa burn people to death for being witches. Like your logic?

Christians should never be allowed to come to America. Just look what they are doing in Africa.
Like your logic still?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

At least 10 women and four men remained under sentence of death by stoning at the end of the year in Iran, where adultery is the only crime which carries that penalty under Sharia law.

www.themuslimwoman.org...

Within their own communities, many women and girls stay at risk of death or injury from male relatives if they depict any behavior held to have brought dishonor on the family

beat and stoned a 17-year-old woman named Du’a Khalil Aswad to death, is a gruesome example of collective ‘honour killing’. The woman, a member of the Yezidi religion, which is practiced by Kurds in Northern Iraq

leanman.hubpages.com...

Saudi Arabian Women are not entitled to the same freedoms that we in the west take for granted, this hub will look at everything from how to dress, education, can an Muslim woman work, driving, segregation, abuse, marriage, divorce, Adultery, punishment even death by stoning for an Arab woman.

Funny, doesn't look like just an Egypt thing.Thats Iraq,Iran,UAE. I bet if I kept searching I could find more ME countries with the same barbarism toward women.AND those are all recent within the last 2 years.Please provide some links to Christians burning witches in Africa.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
“Only two things are infinite: the universe and human folly.”

-Albert Einstein

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

At least 10 women and four men remained under sentence of death by stoning at the end of the year in Iran, where adultery is the only crime which carries that penalty under Sharia law.

I dunno, I could support that one!!

The big difference is, those countries are theocracies, their government and religion are one and the same. We're not. IF we were a religiously governed country, we'd go by the laws of the bible and the same things would be happening here.

All of us need to be thankful we live in a Democratic Republic instead of a Theocracy. People are allowed to choose how they worship or if they worship at all. Although most of the founders were Christian, our country wasn't founded on Christian principles, it was founded on the principle that Government and religion are not the same thing, people are free to wosrhip or not worship according to their own beliefs, not according to what the ruler tells them to do. I like it that way because at some point in time, Christianity may not be the dominant religion and I don't want t government forcing me to participate in whatever is the dominant one of that time.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

Here is a link for ya.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The Nigerian church is a branch of a Californian church by the same name. But the California church says it lost touch with its Nigerian offshoots several years ago.

America would not stand for such abuse here. They would be put in jail for a long time or get the death penalty for burning children here. I have to ask myself, WHY does the government of that country not step in and stop that?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Republican Horrified to Discover that Christianity is Not the Only Religion

That's a false and misleading title to the thread.

The woman was okay with school vouchers for religions other than radical Islam.
That's a far cry from someone being 'horrified to discover religions other than Christianity'.

So...can we also ban public funds from going towards radical fundamentalist christian schools?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by southernlight
reply to post by alienreality

Since we were attacked by a group of radical Muslims in New York, now all Muslims are suspect and considered radical. And there's no room left by the media for consideration that most Muslims are peacefull.
When the Westboro Baptist Church protests military funerals and uses derogatory language toward homosexuals, Rep. Peter King isn't holding a hearing about what the rest of the American Baptist community is doing to address it. Everyone knows its one crazy group that's not representative of all.

We were attacked by a group of radical CIA operatives and Dick Cheney.

Wake up already.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

FACT: There is NO PUBLIC SCHOOL IN AMERICA in which it is "illegal" to say the word "God".

You watch far too much TV.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

I dunno, I could support that one!!

The big difference is, those countries are theocracies, their government and religion are one and the same. We're not. IF we were a religiously governed country, we'd go by the laws of the bible and the same things would be happening here.

All of us need to be thankful we live in a Democratic Republic instead of a Theocracy. People are allowed to choose how they worship or if they worship at all. Although most of the founders were Christian, our country wasn't founded on Christian principles, it was founded on the principle that Government and religion are not the same thing, people are free to wosrhip or not worship according to their own beliefs, not according to what the ruler tells them to do. I like it that way because at some point in time, Christianity may not be the dominant religion and I don't want t government forcing me to participate in whatever is the dominant one of that time.

Hence the problem with Islam. The US Constitution and Sharia Law are incompatible.Muslim immigrants coming to this country are wanting to bring their culture with them and their culture is Sharia.

shariafreeusa.com...

CAIR, of course, is a Muslim Brotherhood front organization that works on civilization jihad in the U.S.

They can scream till their lungs burst that it is a peaceful religion but just reading the stories coming out of the majority of Islamic areas, stoning, beheadings,no rights for women makes me skeptical. I practice no religion cause I feel they are all looney toons. I see too much violence coming from Islamic religions. Some people like to bring up the fact that the history of christianity is just as violent but that is history not present.It is 2012. Not 1012. I have yet to see anyone who did the recent beheadings put on trial. Even the abortion clinic bombings were prosecuted here.

www.washingtonpost.com...

And should Islam become dominant you will not have a choice.

CAIR, of course, is a Muslim Brotherhood front organization that works on civilization jihad in the U.S.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

That's your opinion, but I know many people who have immigrated here, some even converted to Christianity. They have no desire to kill anyone, they're good, decent people and they were running from the government that was controlling them and telling them who and how to worship just like the founders of our country did.

If someone immigrates and commits crimes based on our laws, they will be punished by our laws. They're not going to change the laws, they're not going to take over, they are subject to the same laws we are regardless of what their culture is.

That's the beauty of America, we're open to all beliefs but not ruled by any beliefs as far as religion goes and it will stay that way. We won't be ruled by Muslim law, we won't be ruled by Christian law, we are ruled by the Constitution that made a specific effort to keep any religion from taking over.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I very much disagree with you there. I'm Christian, but not a radical, extremist one at all.
There are a LOT of radical christians, extremists, outright murderers.
Look at the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, HITLER was a Christian, look what he did to the Jews

No such thing as a radical or extremist christian. If they violate the laws of Yeshua they are not of his people, and you should know this. Hitler was half jew on his father's side, his mother was catholic and he was the Vatican's watchdog, particularly Pope Pius 12. Catholics are pagans masquerading as christian, thats why the Jesuits and Dominicans were able to torture and murder protestant christians and jews in the 600 year Inquisition on devices like the Wooden Horse, the Wrack, Thumb Screws and a host of many other evil devices, accusing them of witchcraft and heresy and laughing at them in their pain and dying.

Notice how Hitler and all these Popes are wearing the Templar Cross and the Knights of Malta Cross? Symbolism is your friend. These people are broadcasting what they are by the symbol they wear.

Benedict 16

Pius 12

John Paul 2

Adolf Hitler

Notice any symbols on them? Getting it yet? Welcome to Satan's world, where he hides what he does right in front of your faces.
edit on 7-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
reply to post by ohioriver

That's your opinion, but I know many people who have immigrated here, some even converted to Christianity. They have no desire to kill anyone, they're good, decent people and they were running from the government that was controlling them and telling them who and how to worship just like the founders of our country did.

If someone immigrates and commits crimes based on our laws, they will be punished by our laws. They're not going to change the laws, they're not going to take over, they are subject to the same laws we are regardless of what their culture is.

That's the beauty of America, we're open to all beliefs but not ruled by any beliefs as far as religion goes and it will stay that way. We won't be ruled by Muslim law, we won't be ruled by Christian law, we are ruled by the Constitution that made a specific effort to keep any religion from taking over.

While it may be true that some truly want to just live in peace, the majority are not so inclined.If one immigrates here they need to assimilate into our culture. Not to bring civilization jihad. Case in point:

frontpagemag.com...

It seems almost unthinkable, but Islamist groups are, as we speak, hard at work creating Muslim states-within-states in the U.S. Indeed, this process has been unfolding for a long time across the Western world, through the creation of isolated Muslim enclaves in both rural and urban areas, as well as through the designation of “no-go zones” where governments admit to having little authority over Muslims living there, essentially leaving them to function as autonomous regions.

www.meforum.org...

First in Europe and now in the United States, Muslim groups have petitioned to establish enclaves in which they can uphold and enforce greater compliance to Islamic law.

Notice they say "enforce Islamic Law" .

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join