It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Horrified to Discover that Christianity is Not the Only Religion

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohioriver
I agree we should not be funding Islamic schools.

Here is what the most recent thing from Egypt shows:

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

Egypt's "first sex-slave marriage" took place mere days after the Muslim Brotherhood's Muhammad Morsi was made president.

In my opinion these people are barbaric. If you immigrate to America, throw away your old culture and assimilate into ours. If your country was so great then go back there.

It is not a Muslim thing, it is an Egypt thing.
Why is it so hard for people to figure this out?
Don't let Egyptian culture come to the US.
No need to rail against muslims for no reason.

Jesus people are stupid.

Christians in Africa burn people to death for being witches. Like your logic?

Christians should never be allowed to come to America. Just look what they are doing in Africa.
Like your logic still?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Originally posted by benrl

State can't help prop up one religion, if they allow only vouchers to one type of religious school that would be.

Sure they can. Any state can change their constitution or draft laws to do pretty much whatever the people of that state want - in this case for school vouchers, as long as the money isn't coming from a federal program they can restrict the vouchers to Christian only schools if they want to.

Absolutely incorrect. Their right to discriminate on the basis of religion wouldn't even make it to appellate court. States don't have the right to opt out of the Bill of Rights.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It was written like an Onion article but the catch is that it's not an Onion article.

Lighten up.

I prefer that there be NO vouchers for ALL religious schools!

You want to send your kids off to be brainwashed? Do it on your own dime!
edit on 7-7-2012 by The Sword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
All WATER is for made for toilets.
Our president's middle name is Mountain Dew.
Usage of a large vocabulary makes you a "fag".
and "it" must be good, because it has electrolytes.

we're almost there folks

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

we're almost there folks

As a Mod, You should maybe put these quotes in their proper context?

From Idiocracy, Right?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
You are correct! an excellent cult movie.

They weren't really quotes, per se. Just the thought processes of a semi-fictional cultural trend
And I believe the thread itself provided the proper context.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by theconspirator
Only idiots beleive that all muslims are evil terrorists. You are brainwashed. You are unpatriotic. UnAmerican. In Christianity the Devil wanted to force everyone to do what is right. Jesus wanted people to have freechoice, to live there lives as they want. If you dont approve of somebody elses personal choices, including the choice of relegion, You are unchristian and a follower of lucifer.

Can I ask WHAT GOSPEL are you talking about? None of what you wrote is contained in scripture. In fact, there are hundreds of warnings as to the consequences of allowing other 'gods' to be worshipped in our lands. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - the Creator of Heaven and Earth - blesses us for obedience and faithfulness. Perhaps you may notice that those blessings are being pulled away as our land sinks into destruction. The writing on the wall is for all to see. The cry to REPENT is growing louder as the age draws to a horrifying close.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming

Originally posted by ohioriver
I agree we should not be funding Islamic schools.

Here is what the most recent thing from Egypt shows:

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

Egypt's "first sex-slave marriage" took place mere days after the Muslim Brotherhood's Muhammad Morsi was made president.

In my opinion these people are barbaric. If you immigrate to America, throw away your old culture and assimilate into ours. If your country was so great then go back there.

It is not a Muslim thing, it is an Egypt thing.
Why is it so hard for people to figure this out?
Don't let Egyptian culture come to the US.
No need to rail against muslims for no reason.

Jesus people are stupid.

Christians in Africa burn people to death for being witches. Like your logic?

Christians should never be allowed to come to America. Just look what they are doing in Africa.
Like your logic still?

I almost cried when I saw your post. You are so right about this. People bring things from the MIDDLE EAST and say it is a teaching of ISLAM. No, it is not. If someone was killed in the US and he happens to be gay does that mean EVERYONE in the US want gays dead? No, it does not. Muslims in Africa circumcise the males and femals while people from the gulf area/Asia, where I live, do it only for the males. Yet, people say it is a TEACHING of Islam :/

On the first thing that Islam banned was having a slave. Go read about in a GOOD Islamic site, not one where they add some lies to a truth or some truth to a bunch of lies.

I am happy to see some people know what they are talking about

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
wasn't one the founding fathers beliefs that people should be free to pursue and be involved in any religious ideals that they chose? infact isn't that one of the main reason why the first settlers sailed all the way to the new world in the first place? because of religious persecution?

And now what?

So the politicians can just pick and choose what they want to support and follow regarding the original ideals behind the founding of your country?

I'm not even from America yet i apparently have more knowledge of these things then some of the people that get elected as state gov reps!

Maybe i should move over there and run myself

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bonnieprince

Should we ban funding of Christian schools since some radical Christians have bombed abortion clinics or murdered doctors who perform them in the past? I'd bet those people were probably home schooled or educated in some sort of specifically Christian fashion! Thus all christians and christian schools must promoted murder etc!!!!!!!!!!!!

No such thing as a radical christian. Anyone advocating anything that constitutes murder is no christian and they are not following Yeshua's commands, ergo, they are not one of us. Muhammad on the otherhand, teaches violence and murder, he says one thing with his mouth and does another thing with his actions, ergo, actions speak louder than words and if you do not Jihad to establish Islam and Sharia law then you are found apostate and that is punishable by death. Islam's goal is to establish worldwide sharia law even on people who are not muslim. So my dear, that means that you, and atheists, hindu's, agnostics, buddhists, taoists, christians, jews, wiccans will all have to pay jizzya tax to maintain your beliefs (and if you don't you can be legally stoned to death, or beheaded because under sharia law, nonmuslim have no rights). I can show you sharia law if you wish to read it for yourself, see if you want this ruling over you.

1- Jihad defined as “to war against all non-Muslims to establish the religion” is the duty of every Muslim and Muslim head of state (Caliph). Muslim Caliphs who refuse jihad are in violation of Sharia and unfit to rule.
2- A Caliph can hold office through seizure of power meaning through force.
3- The head of an Islamic State (Caliph) cannot be charged, let alone be punished for serious crimes such as murder, adultery, robbery, theft, drinking and in some cases of rape (Hudood cases) - Codified Islamic Law Vol 3 # 914C of and page 188 of Hedaya the Hanafi manual.
4- A percentage of Zakat (alms) must go towards jihad.
5- It is obligatory to obey the commands of the Caliph, even if he is unjust.
6- A caliph must be a Muslim, a non-slave and a male.
7- The Muslim public must remove the Caliph in one case, if he rejects Islam.
8- A Muslim who leaves Islam (apostate) must be killed immediately.
9- A Muslim will be forgiven for murder of : a) an apostasy b) an adulterer c) a highway robber. Making vigilante street justice and honor killing acceptable.
10- A Muslim will not get the death penalty if he kills a non-Muslim.
11- Sharia never abolished slavery and sexual slavery and highly regulates it. A master will not be punished for killing his slave. Slavery still exists amongst Arab Muslims.
12- Sharia dictates death by stoning, beheading, for sins like killing, adultery, prostitutions; and other Quranic corporal punishments like: amputation of limbs (chopping hands and feet), floggings, beatings and other forms of cruel and unusual punishments even for the sins like: stealing, sexual promiscuity, robbery, burglary etc.
13- Non-Muslims are not equal to Muslims and must comply to Sharia (pay Zizzya: poll tax) if they are to remain safe. They are forbidden to marry Muslim women, publicly display wine or pork, recite their own religious scriptures, or openly celebrate their religious holidays or funerals. They are forbidden from building new churches or building them higher than mosques. They may not enter a mosque without permission. A non-Muslim is no longer protected if he commits adultery with a Muslim woman or if he leads a Muslim away from Islam.
14- It is a crime for a non-Muslim to sell weapons to someone who will use them against Muslims. Non-Muslims cannot curse a Muslim, say anything derogatory about Allah, the Prophet, or Islam, or expose the weak points of Muslims. However, Muslims can curse, criticize or say anything derogatory they like to the religions of others.
15- A non-Muslim cannot inherit from a Muslim.
16- Banks must be Sharia compliant and interest is not allowed.
17- No testimony in court is acceptable from people of low-level jobs, such as street sweepers or a bathhouse attendant. Women in such low level jobs such as professional funeral mourners cannot keep custody of their children in case of divorce.
18- A non-Muslim cannot rule even over a non-Muslims minority.
19- Homosexuality is punishable by death. (18 January 2011, 5:26pm) - Two young men who filmed themselves having sex with a 17-year-old have been sentenced to death by stoning in Iran (click on image for full story)
20- There is no age limit for marriage of girls under Sharia. The marriage contract can take place anytime after birth and consummated at age 8 or 9.
21- Rebelliousness on the part of the wife nullifies the husband’s obligation to support her, gives him permission to beat her and keep her from leaving the home.
22- Divorce is only in the hands of the husband and is as easy as saying: “I divorce you” and becomes effective even if the husband did not intend it.
23- There is no common property between husband and wife and the husband’s property does not automatically go to the wife after his death.
24- A woman inherits half what a man inherits. Sister gets half of what brother gets.
25- A man has the right to have up to 4 wives and wife has no right to divorce him even if he is polygamous.
26- The dowry is given in exchange for the woman’s sexual organs.
27- A man is allowed to have sex with slave women and also with women captured in battle (concubines), and if the enslaved woman is married her marriage is annulled.
28- The testimony of a woman in court is half the value of a man; that is, two women equal to one man.
29- A woman looses custody if she remarries.
30- A rapist may only be required to pay the bride-money (dowry) without marrying the rape victim.
31- A Muslim woman must cover every inch of her body which is considered “Awrah,” a sexual organ. Some schools of Sharia allow the face and some don’t.
32- A Muslim man is forgiven if he kills his wife caught in the act of adultery. However, the opposite is not true for women since he “could be married to the woman he was caught with.”
33-It is obligatory for a Muslim to lie if the purpose is obligatory and is known as Taqiyya (Islamic Deception). That means that for the sake of abiding with Islam’s commandments, such as jihad, a Muslim is obliged to lie and should not have any feelings of guilt or shame associated with this kind of lying.
The above are clear-cut laws in Islam decided by great Imams after years of examination and interpretation of the Quran, Hadith and Mohammed’s life.

34. The perpetrators of genocide, mass rape and plunder will not be punished if they repent - Codified Islamic Law Vol 1 # 13.
35. To prove rape, a woman must have 4 male witnesses. Women’s testimony is not accepted - Pakistan’s Hudood ordnance 7 of 1979 amended by 8B of 1980. Thousands of raped women and girls in many countries have been charged with Zena (physical relations outside marriage) and punished by Sharia courts for want of witnesses.
36. All modern music including sexually explicit music of any kind is strictly prohibited and punishable by Islamic Sharia code of justice. Only Islamic songs are allowed.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

There are plenty of places in the world that would openly balk at that list you posted.
These same places are Muslim places.

Ever been to the United Arab Emirates? pretty damn peaceful bunch of people when all is considered.

If your gonna state that the Muslim faith is inherently evil then maybe you should do a little study of your own religions history and tennants.

by spouting all of this nonsense, all you are doing is becoming the same kind of person that you are claiming to consider to be evil.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Good to know that you are not following Yahweh's rules, then.

Everybody must be stoned

For touching Mount Sinai Whosoever toucheth the mount shall be surely put to death. Exodus 19:13

For taking "accursed things" Achan ... took of the accursed thing. ... And all Israel stoned him with stones, and burned them with fire, after they had stoned them with stones. ... So the LORD turned from the fierceness of his anger. Joshua 7:1-26

For cursing or blaspheming And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him. Leviticus 24:16

For adultery (including urban rape victims who fail to scream loud enough) If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her; Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city. Deuteronomy 22:23-24

For a woman who is not a virgin on her wedding night If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her ... and say, I took this woman, and when I came to her, I found her not a maid: Then shall the father of the damsel, and her mother, take and bring forth the tokens of the damsel's virginity unto the elders of the city in the gate: And the damsel's father shall say ... these are the tokens of my daughter's virginity. And they shall spread the cloth before the elders of the city. ... But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die. Deuteronomy 22:13-21

For worshipping other gods If there be found among you ... that ... hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them ... Then shalt thou ... tone them with stones, till they die. Deuteronomy 17:2-5 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers ... thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 13:5-10

For disobeying parents If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother ... Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city ... And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die. Deuteronomy 21:18-21

For witches and wizards A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27

For breaking the Sabbath They found a man that gathered sticks upon the sabbath day. ... And the LORD said unto Moses, The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones.... And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses. Numbers 15:32-56

For cursing the king Thou didst blaspheme God and the king. And then carry him out, and stone him, that he may die. 1 Kings 21:10

For two males to lie with each other If a man also lies with a man, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them. Levictus 20

edit on 7-7-2012 by Nightchild because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by FlyersFan

No no.. the OP asinine article created the asinine title. That's what happens when you chose a pathetic, slanted source.

Granted the woman, if indeed the biased article did not twist what she says, is a moron. Morons on all sides, yay!

If Islamic school is anything like Christian school, then 90% of the graduates will abandon their religion by the time they graduate.

Clearly you did not even bother to read the whole thing. The link at the bottom of the article which I posted has the "adult" version. I'm sorry if tongue in cheek isn't your forte. Read it and weep.

CJ
edit on 7-7-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt

we're almost there folks

I like money. Go away! I'm 'baitin!

CJ

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100

Originally posted by theconspirator
Only idiots beleive that all muslims are evil terrorists. You are brainwashed. You are unpatriotic. UnAmerican. In Christianity the Devil wanted to force everyone to do what is right. Jesus wanted people to have freechoice, to live there lives as they want. If you dont approve of somebody elses personal choices, including the choice of relegion, You are unchristian and a follower of lucifer.

Can I ask WHAT GOSPEL are you talking about? None of what you wrote is contained in scripture. In fact, there are hundreds of warnings as to the consequences of allowing other 'gods' to be worshipped in our lands. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob - the Creator of Heaven and Earth - blesses us for obedience and faithfulness. Perhaps you may notice that those blessings are being pulled away as our land sinks into destruction. The writing on the wall is for all to see. The cry to REPENT is growing louder as the age draws to a horrifying close.

Even though it is off topic, your God sure is jealous.

CJ

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

So your contention is this is what is going on inside the US currently? That's interesting because we don't have sharia law and our laws supercede any religious laws that go against them. See how that works?

CJ

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Republican Horrified to Discover that Christianity is Not the Only Religion

That's a false and misleading title to the thread.

The woman was okay with school vouchers for religions other than radical Islam.
That's a far cry from someone being 'horrified to discover religions other than Christianity'.

I dunno, you think she would be ok with Scientology? Or Buddhist schools? Sure, she used Islam as an example, because those are the scary bad guys on the TV, but I'm pretty sure she would be pretty upset at a Hindu school, or what about a *gasp* atheist school?!?!

Personally, I think the voucher program is a good idea, because the public school system sucks, but I don't think it should be for any particular type of alternative. I think anybody that wants to open up a school should be able to do so, even if it isn't religious in nature at all. Why not just have some high-quality private schools, where the students are actually expected to learn or flunk? Instead of lowering the standards to the worst student, we need some schools that set high standards and you either measure up or you don't.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
This person needs to make sure shes not trying to violate the establishment clause.

State can't help prop up one religion, if they allow only vouchers to one type of religious school that would be.

And if she excluded a religion that would be defacto support for the ones that are not excluded.

I'll go a step further and question if there's a conflict here between separation of church and state. Oops! Sorry, already brought up.
edit on 7/7/2012 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You'd think that a woman who holds our founders in such high regard, would have a clue as to what they believed.
Oh well. Ignorance reigns supreme round here I guess. Jesus loves America and everywhere else is just a heathen land which needs American help in learning how to live.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

No such thing as a radical christian.

I very much disagree with you there. I'm Christian, but not a radical, extremist one at all.
There are a LOT of radical christians, extremists, outright murderers.
Look at the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, HITLER was a Christian, look what he did to the Jews.

In July 2011, Anders Behring Breivik was arrested and charged with terrorism after a car bombing in Oslo and a mass shooting on Utøya island. As a result of his attacks, 151 people were injured, and 77 killed. Two court-appointed psychiatrists have determined that Breivik is insane. Hours prior to the events, Breivik released a 1,500 page manifesto detailing that immigrants were undermining Norway's traditional Christian values, and identifying himself as a "Christian crusader".

The KKK was a Christian based organization

The Westboro Baptist Church, possibly the most DISGUSTING group that has ever existed claim they do the things they do in the name of God.

The horrible videos posted last month about the three year old in church singing...

There are as many, if not more, christians who are terrorists as there are muslims who are terrorists.
It's not the BASE of either religion but there are extremists in both of them, perhaps more extremists in these two and the jewish religion then in any other religion or combination of religions out there, Those three groups make up 95% of the terrorists that exist and they're pretty much equally distributed.

I refuse to defend a terrorist of any kind merely because they share belief in the same God I do. They don't represent me, the islamic terrorist don't represent muslims and the jewish terrorists don't represent jews.

Spiritually, we have our own beliefs, but at a "whole" the organized religions of both Christians and Muslims have horrible, nasty, evil people who adhere to those beliefs and take them to extremes. It's not the religions themselves, but the psychos who adhere to the religions that are the problem.

Christians, Jews and Muslims all worship the SAME GOD, whether any of those groups want to admit it or not, it is the God of Abraham plain and simple. There was a departure of the Jewish and the Muslim at the time of Abraham but they still both worshiped the same God. There was a departure of the Jewish and Christian at the time of Christ, but they still both worshiped the same God. There were splits between Catholics and Protestants, but they still worshiped the same God.

There SHOULD be a coming together, not a tearing apart and the terrorists and extremists from each group are the reasons we continue to tear apart. There's a major split in Protestantism coming up all because of the extremist evangelicals, it's going to happen soon, and quite frankly, I'll be glad when it does because those horrible, nasty groups don't represent Christianity at all. They're some of the most radical, extremist people I know of and are no different from any other terrorist out there.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join