It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Horrified to Discover that Christianity is Not the Only Religion

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You're the embodiment of everything this site is against.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

This is a risk you take when you live in a free society. It is people like you that allowed the Patriot Act and other freedom robbing atrocities to be made law. This line of thinking means exactly one thing you lost and the terrorists won, they made you afraid so you gave up your way of life.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Holy Smokes! Really? I'll be sure to remember your post when I'm looking for my arm. Christ in a sidecar.

CJ

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
S & F cuz yer AWESOME!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

That's a false and misleading title to the thread.

The woman was okay with school vouchers for religions other than radical Islam.
That's a far cry from someone being 'horrified to discover religions other than Christianity'.

Actually it is correct since she says our constitution was founded on Christian values.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

This is a risk you take when you live in a free society. It is people like you that allowed the Patriot Act and other freedom robbing atrocities to be made law. This line of thinking means exactly one thing you lost and the terrorists won, they made you afraid so you gave up your way of life.

I didn't give up anything and they didn't make me afraid, this government does what it wants and if anything i blame Bill Clinton, he had advanced intel from military intelligence and he sat on his thumb and did nothing but enjoy the b.j.'s Monica Lewinsky was giving him knowing damn well there was a loose cannon running around making plans to attack the U.S., Bush did the same crap, but he wanted to use bin Laden as an excuse to go get his daddy's oil well back.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by lives

You're the embodiment of everything this site is against.

Truth and honesty? Yes i can see that clearly. Deny Truth, Promote Ignorance.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The 'Founding Fathers' were more of a big mix of ideas and ideologies than can be described in a couple of lines. There were deists, sure. But also those with more (and strong) fundamental beliefs. At the same time, they came together to form a constitution that was not just revolutionary in breaking away from the British rule, but also (in the religious sense) would keep the newly formed government from interfering in the religious practices of any and all, so long as such practices didn't harm the well-being of the federal government.

In this way, religious institutions have subsided (and strengthend) with their tax-free status for far too long. They (the churches, especially the Catholic and Jewish faiths) have acquired huge holdings that they screen under the no-taxation-on-religion clause

I think anyone should be free to practice their belief. However, when a pastor starts 'preaching from the pulpit' about political issues, then they should be taxed like a business (such as the TV preachers) And -- this is a separate but not unrelated thing -- folks who hold duel citizenship should not be allowed to hold public office (one way to cut down on the folks who keep us beholden to Israel.)

I'd just as soon, with what I said above about tossing out the folks with duel citizenship and taxing activist churches, doing away with tax exemptions for both churches and church-run schools. Or, at the very least, leave it for the states to decide.

But I would hope that if the feds do something more decisive about the latter rout then it will be a blanket proposition.

Is Christianity under attack? Yeah, it it. And it should be.
Sorry, but just because you were brought up in a certain faith, you don't have the right to don the flag for the country and assume to the mantel for what is and what isn't right with the country and the world at large.
Oh, and by the way, Andersen Cooper is gay, Get over it.

I am a product of this great, fee public education system. (I also spent a couple of years in a privately-funded religious school.)

I choose the free public education system for my son.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Forrest because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2012 by Forrest because: ETA

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You are an embarrassment to the human race. You are exactly what other countries see when they look at the US. I feel bad for you. I feel bad that you're so brainwashed and deluded that you can't see the real agenda.
edit on 7-7-2012 by anonymoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

No no.. the OP asinine article created the asinine title. That's what happens when you chose a pathetic, slanted source.

Granted the woman, if indeed the biased article did not twist what she says, is a moron. Morons on all sides, yay!

If Islamic school is anything like Christian school, then 90% of the graduates will abandon their religion by the time they graduate.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by ColoradoJens

This is another example of our leaders (sic) having no clue about religious freedom and espousing beliefs that their religion is the only one who should benefit from these types of programs.

Ok, fund those radical Islamic schools, when your family gets bombed at a restaurant and killed while having a family night out, you got no one to blame but yourself. Are you really so ignorant as to think their jihad suicide attacks and roadside bombings is just an isolated incident? Do some research on Muhammad and his battle techniques, because thats what you can expect to see more of in the future.
edit on 6-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

Should we ban funding of Christian schools since some radical Christians have bombed abortion clinics or murdered doctors who perform them in the past? I'd bet those people were probably home schooled or educated in some sort of specifically Christian fashion! Thus all christians and christian schools must promoted murder etc!!!!!!!!!!!!

This whole thing is stupid. We shouldn't fund any religious school IMO, but if you're going to, fund them all. I don't see Islam as any more of a threat than Christianity. I think we need to look at deeper causes than religion for these problems, a lot of home grown terrorists popping up in the UK and other western countries weren't educated in Islamic Schools, in fact many grew up Christian, were alienated from society, found radical Islam on the net, and latched on to it as a place of finding acceptance. That's not religions fault, that's just crazy people trying to belong.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Wow, that is really creepy!

The only positive thing in the article was that another Muslim cleric condemned the practice.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   
"We need to insure that it does not open the door to fund radical Islam schools. There are a thousand Muslim schools that have sprung up recently. I do not support using public funds for teaching Islam anywhere here in Louisiana."

Their is a propaganda campaign which has tried to associate muslims with "radical islamic terrorists"

This was laid on pretty thick during the iraq war,every day their was propaganda in the newspapers against muslims so as to justify the wars.

Millions have died because of the wild USA imperialists campaign to control the world, what they have done just in the past 10 years has been nothing short of barbaric.

They seek world domination by setting up puppet governments so that they have access to all the worlds trade and resources,but i can tell you with as much certainty as the sun will rise in the morning that the USA will crumble like a house of cards.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

That's a false and misleading title to the thread.

The woman was okay with school vouchers for religions other than radical Islam.
That's a far cry from someone being 'horrified to discover religions other than Christianity'.

Yet more anti-Islam garbage from FlyersFan. How many years have you been peddling your religious bigotry?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by amurphy245

They're a puppet government themselves and yes, it's being built to fall.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

actually america is all about crapping on christianity

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

State can't help prop up one religion, if they allow only vouchers to one type of religious school that would be.

Sure they can. Any state can change their constitution or draft laws to do pretty much whatever the people of that state want - in this case for school vouchers, as long as the money isn't coming from a federal program they can restrict the vouchers to Christian only schools if they want to.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

You do realize how many Muslims live in the USA? You also realize that we don't have sharia law here? So, apparently one can be a Muslim and not live under sharia law. If this isn't obvious to you I can't help you. I don't agree with mormanism yet it is pretty prevolent. I also don't like southern baptists. Where are these people going to go?

CJ

And thank whatever god you apply to that the US Constitution gives you the right to voice that opinion. Then when you get done, go google CAIR. Enough said.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jlfose

Wow, that is really creepy!

The only positive thing in the article was that another Muslim cleric condemned the practice.

Yes another cleric condemned it,but I could not find any other article anywhere where it was declared illegal by their gov.I feel so sorry for the women over there.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Yes the far religious Right, where religious freedom means only freedom of Christianity and where anything else is suspect, radical or unamerican

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join