It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican Horrified to Discover that Christianity is Not the Only Religion

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This is almost too funny to be true.

Valarie Hodges admitted that when she supported Governor Bobby Jindal's school voucher program, she only did so because she assumed the religious school vouchers could only be used for Christian schools.

I actually support funding for teaching the fundamentals of America's Founding Fathers' religion, which is Christianity, in public schools or private schools. I liked the idea of giving parents the option of sending their children to a public school or a Christian school.

We need to insure that it does not open the door to fund radical Islam schools. There are a thousand Muslim schools that have sprung up recently. I do not support using public funds for teaching Islam anywhere here in Louisiana.

This is another example of our leaders (sic) having no clue about religious freedom and espousing beliefs that their religion is the only one who should benefit from these types of programs. I question in general the overall idea regardless and it makes me shudder to think that someone like Mrs. Hodges is actually in office. Her hyperbole regarding the situation is outstandingly telling of her ignorance.

We need to insure that it does not open the door to fund radical Islam schools. There are a thousand Muslim schools that have sprung up recently. I do not support using public funds for teaching Islam anywhere here in Louisiana.

Might want to do a fact check on the "thousand" Muslim schools that have "sprung up recently" - again, regardless, so?

The voucher program, called Act 2, passed, opening the door for god knows how many non-Valarie Hodge's-religion schools that might interfere with her vision of America as a sort of Christian Saudi Arabia. At least one public school district has already filed suit in an attempt to keep the voucher program from being enacted

What? I thought you meant MY religion!

ColoradoJens

+22 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

That's a false and misleading title to the thread.

The woman was okay with school vouchers for religions other than radical Islam.
That's a far cry from someone being 'horrified to discover religions other than Christianity'.

+34 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

That's a false and misleading title to the thread.

The woman was okay with school vouchers for religions other than radical Islam.
That's a far cry from someone being 'horrified to discover religions other than Christianity'.

That is the title of the article. And she equates Muslim schools to radical Islam. She even states she thought the vouchers were ONLY for christian schools.

CJ

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Well...

...she assumed the religious school vouchers could only be used for Christian schools

Why would religious school vouchers only be allowed for christian schools? I can accept the title's satirical nature, myself, and with the wording, you could read it that way, however invalid it may actually be.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This person needs to make sure shes not trying to violate the establishment clause.

State can't help prop up one religion, if they allow only vouchers to one type of religious school that would be.

And if she excluded a religion that would be defacto support for the ones that are not excluded.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
This person needs to make sure shes not trying to violate the establishment clause.

State can't help prop up one religion, if they allow only vouchers to one type of religious school that would be.

And if she excluded a religion that would be defacto support for the ones that are not excluded.

Ahem. Nail on the head. Of course, isn't is all-american vilify any and all religions other than christian ones? She probably just got re-elected with her inane stance. (Sigh)

CJ

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

What happened to the "Separation of Church and State"???

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I agree we should not be funding Islamic schools.

Here is what the most recent thing from Egypt shows:

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

Egypt's "first sex-slave marriage" took place mere days after the Muslim Brotherhood's Muhammad Morsi was made president.

In my opinion these people are barbaric. If you immigrate to America, throw away your old culture and assimilate into ours. If your country was so great then go back there.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

She obviously never considered it being for other religions and mentioned the religion of the founding fathers (which she presumed was christianity) AND she mentions having public schools and christian schools.

I understand the thread title is making light, but I don't think it's that misleading.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Only idiots beleive that all muslims are evil terrorists. You are brainwashed. You are unpatriotic. UnAmerican. In Christianity the Devil wanted to force everyone to do what is right. Jesus wanted people to have freechoice, to live there lives as they want. If you dont approve of somebody elses personal choices, including the choice of relegion, You are unchristian and a follower of lucifer.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
We must abolish religion. I don't mean legally, I mean mentally. We need to campaign against religion. Honestly, though, I don't think religion will be very important to America in 20-30 years. Most of the youth today are either agnostic or atheist, or just don't care one way or the other about religion. Now Islam is a different story. Islam is only going up in terms of followers. However, that is mostly in other countries. As for America, I am happy to say I predict a mostly religious-free country in the coming decades.

Let logic and knowledge pave the future.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Did they not teach anything about the Constitution in the Louisiana schools?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof ...."

You can't give government money to one religion only. If a law is written is such a manner, it would be unconstitutional.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ohioriver

Are you serious? You believe there should be one and only one religion here in the USA? Wow.

CJ

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

You quote that as if it were found in the Constitution. Which it is not.

The Constitution's establishment clause prevent the government from establishing it's own religion or showing favoritism to particular religious groups and beliefs. This does not mean that the government can't fund religious schools or other religious entities. But what it does for one, it must do for others in the same manner.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by seeker1963

You quote that as if it were found in the Constitution. Which it is not.

The Constitution's establishment clause prevent the government from establishing it's own religion or showing favoritism to particular religious groups and beliefs. This does not mean that the government can't fund religious schools or other religious entities. But what it does for one, it must do for others in the same manner.

Exactly. Which is why her indignation and presupposition of how the vouchers are going to be used is so downright sad. What planet are these elected officials from?

CJ

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

You should understand that hating muslims is a natural thing for the brainwashed people in this country..Why?

Because americans are always killing them! What do you expect these idiot politicians to say? Sad that they have been elected to office though isn't it....

This cancer of stupidity sadly affects both the major political parties...

If half these people were really patriotic, they would take a cyanide capsule to save the country from themselves..

edit on 6-7-2012 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Well obviously she's an idiot.

What's more idiotic is that people vote for these folks based on what party they are from rather than their understanding of the Constitution.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

While there may be a number of Americans who are all about killing Muslims, I am seriously wondering where you get your facts on how Americans in general feel toward the Muslim world.

Such generalizations are just as idiotic as this woman who believes vouchers should be for Christians only.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

It is a fact that I have learned from working for very large corporations which were unionized... Every single employee was all over muslims when desert storm was launched..
I knew of people that even physically attacked any male person who was Arab in appearance...

It might be unpleasant for you, but it's true,, Not just some lame comment I'm making..

I think your political correctness is affecting you in negative ways obviously..

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

she equates Muslim schools to radical Islam.

Rather hard not to considering that madrasa's are used to recruit sheep for radicalization, but here's here's the rub that same protection that she has to be "a horrible christian" protects that right to say the things she does.

Vouchers should not be going to either Christian or Islamic schools, but then again that is what state funds should be doing,but nope the Federal Church of government gives your taxpayer money as well.

On a scale of what religion is more dangerous the church of Government,Church of Christianity,the church of Islam the most dangerous one is:

The church of Government, Government forced edicts of beleive and acceptances and morality legislated by decree of "preachers/congressman/potus".

The title of the thread is a dig at the right.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join