It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama on jobs: 'We've got to grow the economy even faster'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

“So we've got to grow the economy even faster.”

That's what he said on the ol' campaign trail just a short time after a devastating jobs report was issued by the BLS !!!

unemployment still at 8.2%

net new jobs at 80,000.

How 'bout that for "progress"

story from The Hill

President Obama called the latest jobs numbers “a step in the right direction” on Friday, even as the June figures showed a third consecutive month of sluggish growth.

Obama, speaking during a two-day campaign swing via bus through the key swing states of Ohio and Pennsylvania, acknowledged that the economy still had a ways to go and was not going to fully recover overnight.

“I want to get back to a time when middle-class families and those working to get into the middle class have some basic security. That's our goal,” Obama, tieless and with his sleeves rolled up, told the crowd at an elementary school in Poland, Ohio. “So we've got to grow the economy even faster.”
Yes Yes, very impressive. We know We know

I think the voters will be "moving the economy along" this November !!

People have just about had it already !!

How long is this gonna take anyway ??

Move it along !!

Time is just about up !!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

“So we've got to grow the economy even faster.”

Lol, Obama finally wins an award he deserves, an award for the biggest understatement of the decade.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
are we losing jobs according to the report?? no... so is Obama right in what he has said? yes.... is your depiction of an ass completely off the ground unable to move that wagon at all, correct? no....

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
are we losing jobs according to the report?? no... so is Obama right in what he has said? yes.... is your depiction of an ass completely off the ground unable to move that wagon at all, correct? no....

It's a donkey, not an ass

AND fyi, we need to add 150,000 minimum to "break even" on jobs.

anything less is like walking "ass backwards"

How many jobs need to be created to break even?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
so??? elect romney who has millions in tax-dodging offshore accounts spread out over several different countries, who worked at Bain capital doing the same thing that got us into this recession in the first place, who thinks russia is our biggest enemy, who wanted the auto industry to go bankrupt, who wants to give himself huge tax breaks, at the same time killing off the food stamp program.
yeah...what a peach of an alternative

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

so??? elect romney who has millions in tax-dodging offshore accounts spread out over several different countries, who worked at Bain capital doing the same thing that got us into this recession in the first place, who thinks russia is our biggest enemy, who wanted the auto industry to go bankrupt, who wants to give himself huge tax breaks, at the same time killing off the food stamp program.

you sure about all that ??

The voters know different I think.

Get ready for Romney Two-Term

Then maybe the U3 goes to 4%.

Does THAT scare you ?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Actually yes we are losing jobs faster than they are being created. The numbers are being screwed some but yes they are going the wrong way. They were 10,000 short of the projected growth but the layoffs are larger than the growth. So no his statement is not correct. Try again.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Yes I want the guy that knows how to make money rather than just spend money. How much has Obama spent? And yes Russia is bad. They were down for a while but wait and see. They want to be a big player again and if we keep spreading ourselves thin they will take a shot. Do you trust them? And wow.. Really? So now Instead of blaming Bush for the economy were going to jump right into blaming Romney? Thats pretty funny.. And who is trying to give Romney Tax breaks? He wants to remove many of the deductions the rich can claim which means more money to the government from taxes from the rich. Not sure how that equates to giving himself tax breaks. And if it were up to me, your damn right we need to do some major work on the foodstamp and welfare program. I know these people are all typically democratic voters but its been far to long that too many people take advantage of that program and know how to live off it their whole lives. Hell I have people in my own family who laugh about living off the system like they do. Its a joke and no one will take it away from them because they dont want to lose the poor people votes. They need to do some regulating because those that leach off the system hurt us all. We didnt become the strongest country in the world by being hand out takers and leaches.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

It's a donkey, not an ass

AND fyi, we need to add 150,000 minimum to "break even" on jobs.

anything less is like walking "ass backwards"

How many jobs need to be created to break even?

Yes, and the 80,000 number we got from the Labor Department will be revised lower

next Thursday. Count on it.

I predict it will be revised downward to 74,000. Lets just see how close i am.
---------
Clearly, Obamas economic policies have failed.

It looks like a 1 term presidency. It's time to go back to Chicago.

The restoration of America will begin November 6, 2012.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Awww Jimmy, jimmy, jimmy... time for a little lesson on economics.

First of all, just to keep pace with population growth and the number of people ENTERING the workforce, the economy needs to add almost 200,000 jobs a month - that would equal ZERO increase in unemployment and ZERO decrease, just keeping pace with growth.

The smoke and mirrors that Odumbass uses to trick people like you is pretty simple - almost as simple as the old penny behind the ear trick. Jimmy, do you still fall for the penny behind the ear trick?
Maybe you do.

Anyway, the DOL (Department of Labor) tracks the number of "Working adults" This number includes, by definition, any adult working or looking for full time work. Obviously the BLS (Bureau of Labor Statistics) uses this number as its core when determining the U-x unemployment number. There are 6 levels of unemployment measurement (You can look them up if you're interested). For the sake of this example, we'll stick with the simple U-3 unemployment of 8.2%.

To keep this ridiculously simple, I'm going to pretend that DOL has surmised that there are 1,000 working adults and that the U-3 is 8.2% - meaning that 82 adults are presently out of work but looking for full-time work. Months pass and the unemployment rate is not moving. Everytime one person finds a job, it's because another one was let go - so the rate is frozen at 8.2%. BUT... this an election year and we NEED to show job growth. So, how??? Simple... let's just say arbitrarily that 10 people "Stopped looking for work". DOL no longer counts them in the ranks of working adults. Now the number of unemployed people is only 72 adults in a work force of 990. Guess what!? I just magically lowered the unemployment rate to 7.2%!!! I'm a hero! All hail me and re-elect me!

This is the smoke and mirrors that you and all of the other silly Democrats have been swallowing - hook, line and sinker - for the past year or so. So, in response to your ill-informed post jimmy, we ARE, in fact, losing jobs. No, actually we continue to hemmorrage jobs jimmy - massively! Odumbass and his ilk continue to hide those losses behind dleight-of-hand tricks that only succeed in fooling children, jimmy. So, no, Obama is wrong in what he said and anyone willing to employ an ounce of brain-power can plainly see that.

Thanks for playing, Jimmy. Your parting gift is that you get to keep your job and your health insurance... for now.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
GOVERNMENT DOES NOT GROW THE ECONOMY!!!!!!!

Business does.

Obama is a keynesian idiot!!!!

(sorry for shouting)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Business does.

(sorry for shouting)

Absolutely correct. But when big businesses lose faith in the Governments abilities they tend to tighten those purses strings.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Business does.

(sorry for shouting)

We are in good position for a recovery. All we need is a capitalist in the White House.

- Repeal ObamaCare

- Repeal Dodd/Frank

- Drill - Baby - Drill...........lowers the price of gas to $2 a gallon.

---------
And of course approve the Keystone Pipeline.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Business does.

(sorry for shouting)

We are in good position for a recovery. All we need is a capitalist in the White House.

- Repeal ObamaCare

- Repeal Dodd/Frank

---------

Drilling in Anwar and the Keystone pipeline. I guarantee if either or both of those were even started. I know they would take years to be complete but just the mention of them would loosen some wallets. Thats how it works.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Looking at the unemployment charts the "constriction" in hiring is clearly visible. Once Obama won he election, people started laying off people because they knew Obama was a tax and spend progressive.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Business does.

(sorry for shouting)

- Repeal ObamaCare

- Repeal Dodd/Frank

---------

Drilling in Anwar and the Keystone pipeline. I guarantee if either or both of those were even started. I know they would take years to be complete but just the mention of them would loosen some wallets. Thats how it works.

The Keystone Pipeline is already finished on the bottom half.

Don't you remember? Obama showed up in Oklahoma and tried to take credit for it.

The Keystone Pipeline is a done deal. Obama is just delaying the inevitable.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Do you really think the Republicans will save the day.
I hate to tell you but they are on the same side. You can deny it all you want the money flows into them the same.

We had one hope and it seems him and his son are both liars also. Controlled opposition.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What people fail to mention ..

Is that in 3 years ... he keeps saying we need to grow the economy .. blah blah ..

But his actions say otherwise.. "we need to cut the red tape..." - Obama

Okay Obama .. so cut the red tape..YOU put in place.. what an idiot.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Business does.

(sorry for shouting)

Demand and perceived future demand grows the economy. With the middle class being starved and most of the money flowing to the top percent of earners, there is little demand growth in this country. The trickle down will never happen if those with income see little demand for goods and services.

Now, the government could grow the economy by giving wealthy businessmen extra tax reductions based on job creation. Sadly, at the moment we just reduce the taxes of the wealthy businessmen and hope something magical happens that causes them to increase employment.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheTardis

Business does.

(sorry for shouting)

- Repeal ObamaCare

- Repeal Dodd/Frank

---------

The Keystone Pipeline is already finished on the bottom half.

Don't you remember? Obama showed up in Oklahoma and tried to take credit for it.

The Keystone Pipeline is a done deal. Obama is just delaying the inevitable.

I dont think it is actually built. And trust me I remember. I was here. He wouldnt let anyone near the area where he was giving the speech except for a handful of people so there were no detractors. It was a whole staged deal in Cushing. Our guys at our manufacturing facility right there next to it were telling us about it. But yes. He took credit for something that was already going to happen. Not sure it is built though. They need to Ok the part going up into Canada though. That will be the part that will really bring the cash back.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join