It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church of Scientology Asks Followers to Censor Web Comments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Church of Scientology Asks Followers to Censor Web Comments

The Katie Holmes-Tom Cruise split apparently has had a negative effect on the Church of Scientology, which is calling for members to take action and silence naysayers.

The campaign also comes as an entire mission for the church has defected from under the leadership of David Miscavige, reports the Village Voice. Leader Dani Lemberger of Israel's Dror Center, in Haifa, told Voice blogger Tony Ortega that his mission is one of the few that are still growing and announced that it is rejecting Miscavige's leadership.

It is the "first time in memory" that an entire mission has announced that it is leaving the church, Ortega said. The church has sent an email to followers instructing them on how "to counter free speech on the internet," according to former Scientologist and current anti-Scientologist blogger Marty Rathbun, who posted the email message in its entirety on his blog.

Church of Scientology internet shills .. spreading out to counter the negative information coming out of the Cruise/Holmes split. Oh ... and it seems Lisa Marie Presley has split with the cult as well. Another big name Hollywooder hightailing it from the 'church'. Good for her!
Maybe Katie Holmes and Lisa Marie can team up and spill all the secrets .. and take Scientology down. That would be an IQ boost to Hollywood and the world.

So ... coming to an internet forum near you ... Scientology shills ...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I was going to join...failed the lie detector test.....dam,I like eating people...plus me no swim with sharks

pretty wicked eh fly.I feel sorry for k's daughter
edit on 6-7-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
I was going to join...failed the lie detector test.....

I would have thought that would make them happy. They tape those lie detector sessions, right? Future blackmail material. I would think that they'd rather have people with 'questionable' backgrounds coming in and spilling their guts on tape. More power for the cult that way.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
As much fun as it would be for us, I don't think we've had any of them register to openly defend Scientology, yet... Here is a link to the email (which is already in your source). What I'm wondering is, who is this Daniele Lattanzi guy in the church? Someone of influence or a Scientology Grunt? It appears this news piece is trending quite a bit around the web already, unfortunately for them.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Yeah, I'm suspicious of it. It seem to me this "mission defection" could easily just be a life boat for the cult to survive whatever is about to unravel. The independent missions will just continue with the same old cult pyramid schemes all while decrying the Co$. It will essentially be a re-branding.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
www.euronet.nl...

I feel sorry for followers...leave please
edit on 6-7-2012 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Same old story, religion using its pawns to clean their dirty work.
Catholics do it, jews do it, it would be silly to think the scientologists didn't as well.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarnholeOntarable
www.euronet.nl...

My god .. Scientology must be full of lawyers or something. They 'trademarked' their supposed scriptures and they 'trademarked' their spiritual counseling? (or what they call counseling). What a slick way to get out of trouble with the law. If anyone publishes information about these things then they are guilty of trademark infringement and subject to prosecution.

Amazing. Absolutely amazing.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

My god .. Scientology must be full of lawyers or something.

Ker ching!

You nailed it right here FF.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
hew bouy......sometimes there's so much I wanna say that it's better to just not say anything at all.....you know whatta mean?

for the life of me I can't wrap my brain around anyone who would trade their life for a religion (and I use that in the loosest sense of the term) that was created by a known fictional author and affiliate of Jack Parsons.

I acknowledge the diversity of religions and their corresponding denominations in the world, but I just can't bring myself to consider Scientology one of them.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by stupid girl

Xenu

Must watch.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Shameless Bump. Something has come up that has to do with this so I'm bumping it to make people aware of the fact that Scientology is indeed trying to 'clean up' information getting out about them.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

They may actually be trying to hide the facts about this guy...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/399a592f1ec0.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

This news doesn't surprise me at all!

I was involved in and left Scientology in the '70's and had them at my door just about 2 years ago, asking for their "copywritten" books back. I didn't have any, but if I did I wouldn't have given them back, I paid for them!

They said that they found flaws in Ron's original work, and after his death they rewrote everything. So, they said, everything I read and learned was no longer valid and to be relearned.

I had invested quite a bit of money and time in Scientology and had moved up the "Bridge" and was even ordained. If I still cared about Scientology, which I don't, I would be upset. Jason Beghe, a defector, complained that he had to retake his courses and sessions, and was quite pissed about it!

Here's a video of that oily weasel, David Miscavaige, trying to convince a group of Scientologist that Ron Hubbard didn't die, but ascended to "Target Two," to beginning clearing yet another planet, plagued by Xenu's thetans.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
One of the best speakers against the dangerous cult is, ironically, Jamie DeWolf - L Ron Hubbard's great grandson!

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Wow you signed a billion year contract?

And you paid how much for "clearing your mind" then another stage after that

Some poeple spend $500,000.00 moving up in Scientology

Mr Hubbard sure did write some good fiction

top topics

join